5 replies to this topic

#1 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

http://www.indiegogo...mbie-miniatures
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#2 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5619 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

To be fair, those do look like nice zombies. And for a $30 pledge for a box? The price is right too...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#3 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

The pro-painted ones look awesome. The only thing that gives me pause is that there are only four male body types, I don't know how many of the combos will look 'natural'. Remembering the Wargames Factory ones, most were cool, but you could end up with some odd combos.

Still, as you say, the price is certainly right, and even if three or four wind up looking odd, in a mass, especially mixed with the WF ones, I suppose you wouldnt even notice.

Plus, it's still got something like 36 days which will give my wallet 3-4 days to cool off from the other Kickstarters.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#4 HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

I might contribute to this!

I love zombies!

#5 Rigmarole

Rigmarole

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

The only thing that gives me pause is that there are only four male body types, I don't know how many of the combos will look 'natural'. Remembering the Wargames Factory ones, most were cool, but you could end up with some odd combos.

You're right, repeats happen allot. I dropped $80 during Gencon at the Wargames Factory booth and walked out with 197 zombies. The main plan is to attempt to vary coloration on clothing enough to hide the similarities.

It's funny but these remind me of the first WF zombie set. Then again if you've witnessed one undead guy in tee-shirt and jeans then you've seen them all.

#6 lstormhammer

lstormhammer

Godlike

• Members
  • 7121 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

At first blush, those do look great, and I would happily contribute.

(You can already hear the 'however', can't you?)

...However, the only problem would be that when I usually run zombie horror, it's mainly low-to-mid-level Generic Medieval Fantasy. So having a Wanderer shuffle on by in his Dockers Khaki's would seem a little strange.

(pauses, thinks).

Unnnnnlesss.... It's a post-apoc universe where Humanity is only beginning to bring itself back from the brink of extinction, and a isolated autocratic society has developed, and the 'adventurers' are just 'the ones dumb enough to go out and beat up zombies for the safety of the community...

Fantastic. I've logic'd myself into chipping into this project. :D

--LSH.
  • Rigmarole likes this
--Thou shalt not worship false Billy Idols. --Thou shalt not post in all Craps. --Thou shalt not take the name Stephen Fry in vain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users