Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HeadClot88

Looking for Generic Kaiju / Giant Monster Miniatures

11 posts in this topic

Hey All!

Does anyone know of ANY Generic Kaiju or Generic Giant Monsters Miniatures out there?

A friend of mine wants some for a upcoming game system that he is developing.

In short here is what he is looking for -

• Something bigger than 15 mm (28 to 54 mm would do nicely)
  • Giant Monster-esque figures
  • Material - Plastic or metal - no resin*
  • Has to look awesome!

*He says mainly for health reasons he does not want resin. This I do not understand. Can some one enlighten me on this subject?

Resin dust can be pretty bad stuff. Any resin mini comes with a warning to wear a dust mask when working with it, and wash your hands.

I personally am not that worried about it, though, but the warnings are there.

1 person likes this

Resin dust can be pretty bad stuff. Any resin mini comes with a warning to wear a dust mask when working with it, and wash your hands.

I personally am not that worried about it, though, but the warnings are there.

Ah I see now!

Thank you very much for the insight.

Resin is safe to touch, but the particles from sanding and filing are dangerous if they get into your lungs. Wearing a mask is essential when prepping but that won't protect pets or other people in the house.

I used to go to the annual Godzilla convention hosted by G-Fan in Chicago, and they have had a Kaiju tabletop game for years. I have the .pdf of the rules and game cards somewhere. It looks like a fun game. I think it's called Clash of the Kaiju.

1 person likes this

Depends on size and scale, I guess. I still have a load of Monsterpocalypse miniatures I wound up with when a store had a wild closeout sale and I looted their entire inventory. The game itself is okay.

I do know you can find a variety of kaiju toys on Ebay at reasonable prices. Monsterpocalypse minis, too, for that matter.

Resin is safe to touch, but the particles from sanding and filing are dangerous if they get into your lungs. Wearing a mask is essential when prepping but that won't protect pets or other people in the house.

I used to go to the annual Godzilla convention hosted by G-Fan in Chicago, and they have had a Kaiju tabletop game for years. I have the .pdf of the rules and game cards somewhere. It looks like a fun game. I think it's called Clash of the Kaiju.

I am searching "Clash of the Kaiju" but nothing is coming up on my end at least miniatures. :(

Depends on size and scale, I guess. I still have a load of Monsterpocalypse miniatures I wound up with when a store had a wild closeout sale and I looted their entire inventory. The game itself is okay.

I do know you can find a variety of kaiju toys on Ebay at reasonable prices. Monsterpocalypse minis, too, for that matter.

We might look into this!

Thanks

Off the top of my head, Monsterpocalypse. They have awesome monsters, including cthulhus, fish creatures, robots, sentient apes of enormous size, big bugs, aliens, mole men, whatever floats your boat.

otherwise, look around in your favorite online mini shops for big nasty monsters. I've found a lot of normally sized 'big bad boss guys' in the plastic D&D ranges, in super hero lines, and in familiar big names like Reaper and others that would all make perfect city smashing kaiju.

Hydra Miniatures carries the DELIGHTFUL Aquaclops, probably my favorite figure in existence:

http://shop.hydraminiatures.com/images/Aquaclops.jpg

They have other big, less cool, not-Aquaclops things as well.

Space Vixens ( http://spacevixensfrommars.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_32 )

Carries some pre-cambrian creatures labeled simply as NASTY BIG ALIEN MONSTERS. The opabinia is my favorite of the two, and both would make neat combatants for Godzilla or whatever.

Toys and found objects+bits would make great giant monsters too.

your bitbox is your friend as well. Try something spontaneous with what you have in front of you - like using a rubber bouncy ball, some green stuff and a few wires to make a woofin' giant eyeball being.

Khurisan has some really splendid creatures in their fantasy and sci-fi ranges, such as the Space Demon Dragon, the Octopus God, and a REALLY badass surreal devil creature who's name is a spin on Baphomet. The stuff is 15MM, but the monsters are pretty big.

Just look around for 'bigger than normal monster' things, you'll be pleasantly surprised at all the options that open up.

1 person likes this

Off the top of my head, Monsterpocalypse. They have awesome monsters, including cthulhus, fish creatures, robots, sentient apes of enormous size, big bugs, aliens, mole men, whatever floats your boat.

otherwise, look around in your favorite online mini shops for big nasty monsters. I've found a lot of normally sized 'big bad boss guys' in the plastic D&D ranges, in super hero lines, and in familiar big names like Reaper and others that would all make perfect city smashing kaiju.

Hydra Miniatures carries the DELIGHTFUL Aquaclops, probably my favorite figure in existence:

http://shop.hydramin...s/Aquaclops.jpg

They have other big, less cool, not-Aquaclops things as well.

Space Vixens ( http://spacevixensfr...dex&cPath=15_32 )

Carries some pre-cambrian creatures labeled simply as NASTY BIG ALIEN MONSTERS. The opabinia is my favorite of the two, and both would make neat combatants for Godzilla or whatever.

Toys and found objects+bits would make great giant monsters too.

your bitbox is your friend as well. Try something spontaneous with what you have in front of you - like using a rubber bouncy ball, some green stuff and a few wires to make a woofin' giant eyeball being.

Khurisan has some really splendid creatures in their fantasy and sci-fi ranges, such as the Space Demon Dragon, the Octopus God, and a REALLY badass surreal devil creature who's name is a spin on Baphomet. The stuff is 15MM, but the monsters are pretty big.

Just look around for 'bigger than normal monster' things, you'll be pleasantly surprised at all the options that open up.

You sir are a godsend!

Going to look into those places!

Space Demon Dragon looks awesome!!!!

No problem! I'll probably review my 'monster minis' folder tomorrow and give you even more places to tirelessly sift through.

I'm going to get challenged for this title, but I like to consider myself as the monster man on any miniature community I go to.

Always, always glad to help others root out needed nasties for their games.

1 person likes this

No problem! I'll probably review my 'monster minis' folder tomorrow and give you even more places to tirelessly sift through.

I'm going to get challenged for this title, but I like to consider myself as the monster man on any miniature community I go to.

Always, always glad to help others root out needed nasties for their games.

Once again thank you!

Cannot wait to hear back!

Welp, my folder apparently doesn't have as many giant monsters as I had assumed it did.

Oh well, here's what I can scrounge up!

JcAll.jpg

This is the fenryll (a french company) Psychodraconis. I'm not sure of his scale, but I think you could use him as a good aligned guardian kaiju - kind of like Mothra.

9Q0Hy.jpg

This is one of two quite large monstrous models made by Iron Winds metals. I can't remember the name, and I don't remember where they have it listed on their site, but looking around should find it and several other suitable creatures. Brings to mind a Harryhausen monster, IMO.

3JTW7.jpg

This two headed dragon thing is available from Armorcast here: http://armorcast.com...roducts_id=1340

There always seems to be some big evil space dragon with multiple heads stomping about...

aLFHo.jpg

j3uzS.jpg

Then at last, this bad mama jamma is a Ramshackle Games Slag Dragon. What a name~<3

Just keep your bit box handy, browse through familiar and unfamiliar site stores, and look out for out-dated prehistoric models and toys of dinosaurs and arthropods. Inspiration is everywhere.

I also would like to suggest Otherworld, because they have two carrion crawlers that would make a good tag-team monster fight, buuut I'm not at all sure that they're any bigger than a normal 25-28 MM humanoid mini.

If all else fails, look at the plastic D&D prepaints, Starwars and Dreamblade minis. Tons of big uglies there, the last of which has the most potential in my opinion. Good luck, this was a poor excuse for finding kaiju, but I certainly hope it helped!