Photo

If Chronoscope had a bones kickstarter, I would pledge....

Bones Chronoscope Kickstart

44 replies to this topic

#31 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6675 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Now that most of the Chronoscope sculpts I truly wanted in Bones are becoming Bones, I'd hope that a Chronobones Kickstarter was made up of mostly new sculpts. New variants of existing stuff would be awesome, but truly new stuff, too.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#32 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 624 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'd like to get my Bones figures from THIS Kickstarter before I start pledging for a new one, but if, come next year, there's a Chronoscope Kickstarter, I'm definitely in. If there might be a little crossover with some of the figures from the Savage Worlds line, that'd be even better. :D

There are even a few miniatures from the Dark Heaven and Warlord lines that could still have value for some of the genres represented in Chronoscope -- for instance, a few monsters that could work well as alien horrors, such as the Bathalians or the Darkspawn.

My main concern, though, is that I'd really, REALLY like to see more in the way of ADVERSARIES in the Chronoscope line -- cheap encounters for my heroes. I'm willing to pay more for metal to get a special figure for my PC. But if I want a horde of zombies, a gang of thugs, or a swarm of aliens to harass my heroes, that's when plastic can be a real budget-saver.
  • nytflyr likes this

#33 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1378 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

My main concern, though, is that I'd really, REALLY like to see more in the way of ADVERSARIES in the Chronoscope line -- cheap encounters for my heroes. I'm willing to pay more for metal to get a special figure for my PC. But if I want a horde of zombies, a gang of thugs, or a swarm of aliens to harass my heroes, that's when plastic can be a real budget-saver.

my feelings exactly!

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#34 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9681 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Bathalians in plastic would be amazing aliens! Fishmen and zombies are already in Bones... and giant rats! What else makes for good pulp enemies?
  • kristof65 likes this

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#35 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1378 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Bathalians in plastic would be amazing aliens! Fishmen and zombies are already in Bones... and giant rats! What else makes for good pulp enemies?

Lizardmen (like the swamp things & Ben Siens sculpts)

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#36 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2482 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

All of the vermin from that KS add-on. Giant spiders. Ghosts. The Lovecraft add-on.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#37 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9681 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

If you were being even a bit light-hearted in your approach to horror, the two-headed ogre would be in, too. And actually all the golems could get a turn.

Anyone remember that movie where dragons invaded modern London? Reign of Fire!

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#38 kevinm

kevinm

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

All of the vermin from that KS add-on. Giant spiders. Ghosts. The Lovecraft add-on.

If Reaper made an actual H.P. Lovecraft mini (like, The Man himself) for Chronoscope...I would even splurge and buy that in metal for use as a token when playing Arkham Horror.

Now that I think of it...I would love to see a set of minis based on the characters from some of Lovecraft's works (i.e. Randolph Carter) or the Arkham Horror board game characters (yes, I know...licensing).

#39 Email2085

Email2085

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

Depending on what figurines are being offered, probably either D or E.

#40 jlblack

jlblack

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'd pledge E without hesitation. F maybe, depending on what the extra-special stuff was.

#41 CaptainPete

CaptainPete

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 504 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

D or E, depending on my finances at the time. I don't mind have multiples of the same 'hero' mini because I usually have two or three ideas for how to paint it but only the one mini.

I write a blog about gaming. Sometimes.

"Bill Watterson of Earth, you are capable of inspiring great hope.
Welcome to the Blue Lantern Corps."

#42 Teskal

Teskal

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1029 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think a good mix from every product line is a good idea. And I'm still hoping for both Warlord PDF Rulebooks.

Reaper want's to be bigger with Bones KS II. I do not think they will get it with Chronoscope alone. But it has many beautiful minis.

#43 Ted Kord

Ted Kord

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

I would pledge if they created some kind of game system to use them in.  Even if it was tongue and cheek, which it might have to be if you are going to square characters like Edna the Cat Lady against Zulu Warriors. 

If the rules were quick and easy to teach it could be bigger than Munchkin.

I look at all the really cool minis in Chronoscope but there is no reason for me to buy them.  If there was a cool party-game/wargame hybrid the way that Munchkin is a party-game/dungeon-crawl hybrid, and inexpensive bones figures, I would start collecting and painting Chronoscope this instant.

Edited by Ted Kord, 21 December 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Some test miniatures I did...   

http://i83.photobuck...ann/3penny2.jpg

My first few Bones, still getting used to them...

http://i83.photobuck...hmann/bones.jpg

#44 Dr_Automaton

Dr_Automaton

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'd certainly be in for E+.  If Reaper approached a Chronoscope KS in a similar manner to Bones II, I'd drop funds on a core set plus any add-on sets that I could use in games or otherwise struck my fancy.  A focus on utilitarian figures (townsfolk and bystanders) along with minion-type figures that a GM would want to have multiple copies of would be nice.  The only thing I don't see myself pledging for is scenery/set dressing pieces.  I use minis during gaming but the maps are 2D -- I just don't have any conceivable use for shipping containers, walls, etc.  Cool stuff for the folks who want them, but they're just not for me.

#45 ub3r_n3rd

ub3r_n3rd

Master of the Threadjack

• Members
  • 5214 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

I wouldn't be interested in the least bit, my taste is strictly fantasy when it comes to figures. We play Pathfinder and use the figures I paint at the table so to me Chronoscope or any other setting/genre wouldn't be a wise investment.

Minis finished: 28 and only hundreds 20 more to go!
2014 Tally: 5

My current projects are located on my WIP thread, feedback is appreciated! (New: Updated front page of thread to include a ToC of WIP/Show-off)
WIP's: A bunch on the to-do shelf (Current WIPs are TBD)

Founding member of the CashWiley Fan Club™

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users