Photo

If Chronoscope had a bones kickstarter, I would pledge....

Bones Chronoscope Kickstart

51 replies to this topic

#46 Nameless1

Nameless1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

If Reaper launched a Chronoscope bones it would be the first Bones I backed. I missed the last two because I was broke....

#47 MikeD

MikeD

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

There have been various calls for Chronoscope Bones.

Let's be conservative in our estimation of Chronoscope popularity and assume that the rewards never got more than a couple stretch goals past a "Vampire"-like level. Not counting upgrades, what level would you pledge at?

A-$1: Thanks
B-$15: 15 basic Chronoscope figs
C-$28: Some sort of Chronoscope related Sophie
D-$60: 35 Chronoscope figs in bones with some being slightly larger or more elaborate.
E-$100: 30 figs+ 15figs + Sophie + another bonus 20-30 figs of some sort via stretch goals.
F-$100+: E + special prizes (green Master, banner, tour, custom design, etc)

Apologies in advance that the categories are arbitrary and simplified as I only included levels that have had significant participation.

I'd be in for E

It would depend on the figures.  If they were all existing figures just convereted to Bones, not much.  Possibly C, although it would have to be a pretty exceptional Sophie to justify $28 for one figure.  I've already got copies of all the existing Chronoscope figures I want in metal and other than possibly the NOVA figures, I can't think of any I would want multiples of.   If we were talking about all new figures I'd be muich more likely to go E or even F.

EDIT:  Wow!  I just realized this thread is a couple years old.  Not sure my answer matters any more at this point.  :unsure:

Edited by MikeD, 14 May 2014 - 04:06 PM.

• Girot likes this
Mike
- Lord of the Unpainted Hoard!

#48 Joe the Revelator

Joe the Revelator

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

I wouldn't be interested in the least bit, my taste is strictly fantasy when it comes to figures. We play Pathfinder and use the figures I paint at the table so to me Chronoscope or any other setting/genre wouldn't be a wise investment.

Doesn't Pathfinder tech level go as high as gunpowder? I can totally get behind you on the sentiment anyway, lots of people I game with don't like muddying up their fantasy setting.

#49 ub3r_n3rd

ub3r_n3rd

Master of the Threadjack

• Members
  • 12183 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

I wouldn't be interested in the least bit, my taste is strictly fantasy when it comes to figures. We play Pathfinder and use the figures I paint at the table so to me Chronoscope or any other setting/genre wouldn't be a wise investment.

Doesn't Pathfinder tech level go as high as gunpowder? I can totally get behind you on the sentiment anyway, lots of people I game with don't like muddying up their fantasy setting.

Yes, there are gunslingers if you want them in your game. My group usually doesn't have them around.

You're always out of context! 

Minis finished: 43 and only hundreds 20 more to go!

2014 Tally: 20

Current WIP: Evil Tiefling Summoner and Eidolon 

Most recent show-off: The Sith Revolt- Spaceship Superstar Diorama Entry

Founding member of Cash's Crew™ and Kuro's Kindred

Proud member of Pixel's Posse and Corporea's Corps

#50 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9687 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

The Iron Gods Adventure Path and Numeria Sourcebook include Androids and Laser guns.

Pathfinder will support higher tech, if your GM permits it.

Sci-fi has been a part of fantasy since Barrier Peaks, and while it's not everyone's cup of tea, it is nice to have it as an option for the players that do enjoy it.

• HornedTurtle likes this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#51 ub3r_n3rd

ub3r_n3rd

Master of the Threadjack

• Members
  • 12183 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

The Iron Gods Adventure Path and Numeria Sourcebook include Androids and Laser guns.

Sci-fi has been a part of fantasy since Barrier Peaks, and while it's not everyone's cup of tea, it is nice to have it as an option for the players that do enjoy it.

What's really funny about this post is that I've changed my mind since December 2013 because of this forum and the people around here. I'm finding beauty in so many different genres of figures now, as I mentioned over in the Infamy KS thread. It's opened my eyes and my tastes have evolved so that even if I don't "play" with the figures, I can enjoy painting them up and telling a story with them in project pieces such as vignettes and dioramas or even nicely based single pieces.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd, 11 July 2014 - 04:43 PM.

• Dilvish the Deliverer, HornedTurtle, OneBoot and 1 other like this

You're always out of context! 

Minis finished: 43 and only hundreds 20 more to go!

2014 Tally: 20

Current WIP: Evil Tiefling Summoner and Eidolon 

Most recent show-off: The Sith Revolt- Spaceship Superstar Diorama Entry

Founding member of Cash's Crew™ and Kuro's Kindred

Proud member of Pixel's Posse and Corporea's Corps

#52 Doug Sundseth

Doug Sundseth

Wizard of Wavicles

• Members
  • 4139 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

Part of fantasy since at least Andre Norton's Witch World stuff. And part of published fantasy gaming since at least Swords & Sorcery. And there was a Nazis versus fantasy troops scenario in Strategic Review #5.

Not my favorite mix, but Brian Daley's Coramonde books were brilliant. If I had a GM that could manage that, I'd play it in a heartbeat.

TL:DR: Yes, but....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users