ObsidianCrane

03528: Dust Scorpions

6 posts in this topic

Well finally got these little fellows done.

They are speed painted (yes I am working on some minis other than speed painting) and I've only taken a photo of one. They are so small though that my available camera can barely take a picture of them!

So here is the 1 workable shot I managed and I'll see if I can get a better shot tomorrow night.

post-7660-0-79751100-1344520312.jpg

1 person likes this

Those are awesome, I didn't even know they existed. Of course they would be better in Bones...

Baphomet absolutely agree!

I was worried about breaking a tail off when I was trimming flash, no fear of that with Bones!

Not only that, 2/$6, they could do 12 for $3 now (perhaps overstated, but...)

I would expect 6 for $3.50 or so in Bones, maybe 4 for $3. Which would be awesome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eldamir
      Another one with an easy face!  I think I really nailed the eyes this time!

• By Xherman1964
      Another monster for my Lost World Project

Project here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-xherman1964-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/

This is a 15mm miniature from Demonworld, since it is really huge I use it for my 28mm project.
      That is a Microart Studio resin jungle base 3 x 2 inch!

I tried to emulate the metallic sheen that some beetles have on this scorpion.
      Using different metallics and then some inks and black glazing.

Enjoy.
      Likes and comments welcome,if you want to throw rotten tomatoes, report to the scorpion first for a "talk"

• By eldamir
      My latest attempt - just a lot of adamantium black and a mix of clotted red / deep red with a bit of ruby for all the skull eyes..

He has a bit of a misshapen head, which may be why he turned to Evil - getting dropped on ones head has odd effects, I've heard.

• By buglips*the*goblin

I have more orcs to paint, but I'm gonna switch it up for a bit and do some Spooky Scary Skeletons!

• By buglips*the*goblin

Orrrcs! 

I got two reaper army packs of these bad boys, and they look awesome.  One pack, 06015, only had the two Sandra Garrity orcs and not the two Bob Olley ones.  Their fantastic customer service has already sorted this out for me, so a Bones orc of the same type is standing in as a stunt double to show the other one that comes in the pack while his compatriots travel by mail. 

But these six funtime fellows are getting some paint, and I've been looking forward to this!
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)