• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9101 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

I've been so damn busy this week I haven't even had time to look thru the rulebook yet. :(

I'm excited about it b/c it may be the first minis game that I can get my son into. The only problem right now is that (like most kids his age) he likes the newer movies more than the original trilogy, so he wants minis for the Jedi starfighter and stuff like that. I told him I'm sure they'll come out soon, he just needs to wait.

I'm sure they'll be out eventually. My kids are the same way when it comes to the originals vs. prequels.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#17 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I've been so damn busy this week I haven't even had time to look thru the rulebook yet. :(

I'm excited about it b/c it may be the first minis game that I can get my son into. The only problem right now is that (like most kids his age) he likes the newer movies more than the original trilogy, so he wants minis for the Jedi starfighter and stuff like that. I told him I'm sure they'll come out soon, he just needs to wait.

I'm sure they'll be out eventually. My kids are the same way when it comes to the originals vs. prequels.

You're not teaching them right then. ::P:

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#18 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9101 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Look, I get enough grief from She Who Must Be Obeyed about all four of them running around the house singing the Imperial March before they could talk.
  • psyberwolfe1 likes this

#19 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Look, I get enough grief from She Who Must Be Obeyed about all four of them running around the house singing the Imperial March before they could talk.

Mine was swinging a lightsaber before he could make a sentence. ::P:

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#20 General308

General308

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

My daughter loves StarWars so does my son. Tell me what you think about it. The video's I have seen look good I think my daughter would play. Son may be to young still.

It is funny my kids love the newer movies. Which in the end means Lucas did them right as much as that pains me to admit.

#21 cloudshaper2k

cloudshaper2k

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Mine was swinging a lightsaber before he could make a sentence. ::P:

My youngest is well known for chasing her older brothers down the hall with a lightsaber in one hand, doll in the other and screaming a battlecry at the top of her lungs.

I don't know if I'll buy into this one, but it might make a good Christmas present for my oldest two.

#22 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I picked up 1 of everything over my lunch hour today. I haven't been able to open any of the blisters yet, and only had a few minutes to look inside of the starter box, but I'm totally geeked about everything I've seen so far. The cards and punch-outs are sturdy and look great. The minis are small (the X-Wing is just under 2" long) but they don't feel flimsy and are well painted at first glance (for pre-paints).

My only disappointment so far is the rulebook. I was expecting an 8x11 sized book, but its smaller than that. Still, that's a very minor complaint.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#23 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2507 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Bah! I just got notice today that my pre-order shipped...I wont get it until at least next Thursday. Have I mentioned how much I hate UPS?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#24 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6105 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

So if anyone has any of the old micro machine x-wings I would like to see how they scale up to these. I literally have a box full of micro machine x-wings, y-wings and tie fighters. Caught Toys R Us on a clearance sale a long time ago.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#25 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9101 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Picked up the core box tonight, the local Target didn't have the expansions so I'll probably have to get those online. Plan on unboxing and playing the quickstart game with the kids tomorrow (too tired and recovering from illness to do it tonight). Posts will be made to my blog tomorrow.

#26 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9101 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

Played the quickstart scenario with the kids today. It's a very stripped down version of the rules, but was fun. The whole time we were making appropriate sound effects and singing Rebel or Imperial themes depending on who just had a good turn. Downloaded a Star Wars soundboard app for my phone for the next game.
  • vejlin likes this

#27 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 16671 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

And which app was that?

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper
Wonderland No More

#28 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9101 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

You don't want to bother, the SFX were horrible rips and not the starship related ones I wanted.

#29 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4067 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

So if anyone has any of the old micro machine x-wings I would like to see how they scale up to these. I literally have a box full of micro machine x-wings, y-wings and tie fighters. Caught Toys R Us on a clearance sale a long time ago.

I don't have any micro-machines, but I can tell you that the new X-Wing is just under 2" in length.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#30 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6105 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'll have to dig out the box and check them this week sometime.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users