• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5741 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

We are back for round two. Reaper has once again offered to provide prizes for our little painting shindig so lets get started.

First off we are changing the categories a bit from last time as we thought there wasn't enough focus for Diorama so this time around we're making that part themed based and so large based figures are being moved under Fantasy and Non-Fantasy. So our categories are:

Single Fantasy (Pathfinder, Dark Heaven Legends, Warlord, Bones, LJC, Mouselings) -- Large base and fancy bases go here as well

Single Non-Fantasy (Chornoscope, Savage Worlds, CAV) -- Large base and fancy bases go here as well
Diorama – The theme is "Monster Hunter". Unlike last time we will require there to be more then one figure in this category.

Prizes (each category):

1st--$50 reaper online gift card
2nd--$25 reaper online gift card
3st--$15 reaper online gift card

General Rules:
  • All entries must be made by Reaper.
  • Entries must be in by September 3rd at 11:59 pm MST
  • Enter as many times as you want but only one entry per person per category can make it to the final voting round.
  • Each entry needs to be uploaded to the appropriate thread. Please attach your entries using the forum uploading feature or hotlink from the Inspiration Gallery. We want to make sure they're visible at all times.
  • You may submit between one and four images of each entry. They do not need to be stitched into a single image file.
    • Diorama entries should have between two and six images. (If you can catch it all in just one picture, is it REALLY a diorama?)
  • Digital enhancement ("Photoshopping") of your entry is strictly prohibited.
    • No clone brush, healing brush, airbrush, or other brush work. Fix your paint with paint, not with Photoshop.
    • No adding or removing background elements from the image
    • If you add a logo or a watermark Reaper cannot use your image in their gallery. Note that if your image is selected for the Reaper gallery, you will be credited by name under the image.
    • Cropping, global color balance, and global level adjustments are allowed ("global" means "the entire image." You may not "pop" colors by only selecting some areas for level adjustment.
  • You are allowed to enter miniatures and dioramas that will also be entered into other contests that might overlap ours.
  • We are not going to police your entries as to when they were started\finished. We hope that people would paint something for this contest and not just enter something they finished a while ago as this is a fun and friendly contest.
  • The judges or Reaper reserves the right to remove entries if deemed inappropriate, but we're pretty laid back here and this is just to cover our butts.
  • The judges and Reaper can clarify and amend rules at will.
Basing and Diorama Rules
  • You do not have to use Reaper produced stuff for your bits for basing or in the Diorama.
Voting Rules

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#2 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12249 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Do the forum nudity rules apply? If so, what are the options for posting a picture?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer in the old thread that they're lifted for this contest.
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#3 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5741 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

You are correct, I reworded the rule to say "if it's something really offensive we may remove it, but for the most part we don't care".

Also if anyone would rather judge instead of paint PM me with your e-mail address and I'll see about adding you. We may restrict the total number of judges but usually the method we're using benefits from having more.

@monkeysloth

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#4 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4332 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

September 3rd? Only 25 days (minus GenCon) to scratch up an entry?
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#5 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5741 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Last time we gave people only 20 days and got plenty of entries, but I assume you're more concerned with the Diorama category. I don't think something has to be complex to be good but if we don't get a lot this time around we'll look at changing it for the next one. I'll also entertain extending the date, maybe just for the Diorama category, as it's no fun if there's no one that can get anything done in the time frame we've given and want to make this an inviting contest.

@monkeysloth

#6 Nameless

Nameless

Godlike

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

thanks for another contest MonkeySloth!
I'm pretty busy these days, but I will sure try to squeeze an entry... or two ::):

banner_reaper.jpg

My minis -  Nameless Painter Blog / Chest of Colors gallery

------------------------------------------

Available for commissions

#7 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5741 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Awesome. I made sure to also clarify the bits question you had from the last contest so you didn't have to re-ask. ;)

@monkeysloth

#8 Nameless

Nameless

Godlike

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

lol, thank you, all is clear now ::):

banner_reaper.jpg

My minis -  Nameless Painter Blog / Chest of Colors gallery

------------------------------------------

Available for commissions

#9 MamaGeek

MamaGeek

Godlike

• Members
  • 2188 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm working on a Reaper mini now, so I might enter him if I get it done in time.
Posted Image
Proud Member of WAMP

#10 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12249 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

So, if I started something a week before the contest but finished it during the contest - is that still eligible? I've got a pretty neat Witch of the Darkmoors done up, but because of that weird overlap I don't want to chuck her up there and unintentionally break the spirit of the rules. I'd say about half was done before the contest, and the other half between the 10th and 14th.

I figured I'd ask first so as to be absolutely sure.