CAV 2 range rules - am i stupid ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 k'gbo

k'gbo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hi chaps, Having problems working out just what the range rules in CAV 2 are - as it seems that (to me) there are two sets of ranges;

Weapon Ranges (on stat cards) and Range Bands,

Which do not tally. So, does the range on the stat card show MAXIMUM range for that weapon system, how far before range bands are applied, or something else (i tend to think Maximum, but then the range band 'beyond long range' doesn't make sense as i can't find a weapon over that distance).

Could someone clear this my for me - just downloaded CAV 2, using CAV 1 + JOR 1 & 2 at moment.

Kevin

#2 papabees

papabees

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1731 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

The range listed on the card is the weapons first range band. x2 is the second range band, x3 the third etc. So if you look at the Rhino his range is 20 (I think. they changed the card multiple times). So his range bands would be 20", 40", 60" etc. Hope that helps.

#3 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 8615 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

The range listed on the card is the weapons first range band. x2 is the second range band, x3 the third etc. So if you look at the Rhino his range is 20 (I think. they changed the card multiple times). So his range bands would be 20", 40", 60" etc. Hope that helps.

Yup, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#4 k'gbo

k'gbo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yeap, that's how i read it on the second read through - the point blank bit caught me out (maximum range 12"). Ranges are MUCH better in CAV than another game with Mecha - which makes me happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users