• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#1 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

We have a Kickstarter Conjecture thread, and a Bones You'd Like to See thread, but we don't yet have a Bones You'd Like to See in the Kickstarter thread. Not that it will help much, since it sounds like Reaper has it fairly well planned out down the road, but hey, maybe they could shift things around if one type of miniature gets a lot of interest...

Here's my list of hopefuls:
Kaladrax
Air elementals/effects (translucent)
Water elementals/effects (translucent)
Earth elementals/effects (regular Bones)
Hill Giants
Fire/Frost/Hill giant grunts
More misc. dungeon dwellers
More misc. monsters from the original Manuals of Monsters
not-driders
molds/slimes/jellies pack (translucent)
dark elves
not-kuo-toa
colossal skeleton
colossal (and other huge) spiders
more townies
Warlord packs
DHL army packs:
06035: Ghouls
06034: Wraiths
06058: Mummies
06059: Mummy Tomb Guardians
06002: Men At Arms Of Breonne
06022: Men At Arms
06030: Men at Arms- Archers
06004: Men At Arms Of Anhur
06023: Anhurian Swordsmen
06025: Anhurian Crossbowmen
06051: Anhurian Command
06011: Sisters Of The Blade
06012: Sisters Of The Blade
06055: Men at Arms, Malvernis
06019: Black Legionnaires
06036: Templar Knights
06039: Lizard Men w/Spears
06046: Lizardmen Archers
06047: Lizardman Command
06048: Lizardmen, 2H Club
06049: Lizardmen Tyrants
06050: Lizardman Warriors
06057: Lizardmen Warriors
06010: Dwarven Warriors
06014: Dwarven Crossbowmen
06018: Dwarven Axemen
06020: Dwarven Hammers
06024: Dwarven Swordsmen
06040: Dwarven Miners
06041: Dwarven Spearmen
06042: Dwarven Command
06043: Dwarves With 2H Axes
06044: Dwarven Warriors
06045: Dwarven Fanatics
06001: Skeletons
06052: Skeletons, 2H Swords
06053: Skeletons Swords
06003: Skeletons
06005: Skeleton
06006: Skeleton
06031: Skeletal Crossbowmen
06032: Skeletal Command
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#2 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2393 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

My list includes almost the entire DHL line.

#3 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

My list includes almost the entire DHL line.

Well, that makes it easy, at least! :wink:
  • Adrift likes this
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill

#4 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 11255 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'd like some awesome low-level dungeon creeps. Fishmen, bloodstone gnomes, that sort of thing. Maybe some more swarms!

It's the perfect time to put on  your yellow boots and go meandering around the woods looking for...well stuff. In my experience looking for stuff is the best way to find it. -Loim

#5 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5994 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Here's my list of hopefuls:
Kaladrax

I've wondered how well Kaladrax would do as a Bones model. I'm afraid he would suffer the same issues that he tends to experience in metal (i.e. his overall upper body mass being too much for his boney legs to support without assistance).

However, this does bring up an interesting possibility. New large boxed dragons have pretty much stopped being released, and a fair part of that was because they'd become so expensive in metal that they just aren't very profitable for Reaper to make. With Bones, the production cost shouldn't vary much between producing an existing large dragon and a new one (seeing as most of the cost is the molds, not the green). A new sculpt of Kaladrax released in Bones would have a much lower price-point, which would help drive the sales necessary to make it profitable. This would allow for the possibility of producing a skeletal that has a more structurally stable body; one that would not bend under its own weight.

TOTAL conjecture. :;):

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#6 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

Actually, you have a good point. If they go to the trouble of turning him into Bones, they could take this opportunity to fix that as well as the slightly funky things required in his metal form, like the big breast bone...
John Stuart Mill

#7 Arachne

Arachne

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

At this point, I don't even have any more wishes. I'm just happy to be part of it.
  • Pally and Adrift like this

#8 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 11255 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Kaladrax is always on my wish list; that's just a given.

It's the perfect time to put on  your yellow boots and go meandering around the woods looking for...well stuff. In my experience looking for stuff is the best way to find it. -Loim

#9 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

1. They've already exceeded my craziest want list at this point. I'm sure I'll think of more crap I want, but at this point, the KS is already ahead of me.

2. Again, they're not going to make any Bones that they don't think will be continuous, steady, profitable sellers. I hesitate to tell Ed, Bryan, Ron, & co. what I want when they have THAT hanging over their heads. The market will decide. That being said, I dare say that with the results off this KS, the market's speakin' pretty LOUD... now, let's just hope it keeps talking long enough to pay for itself.
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#10 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

I've got Kaladrax somewhere. Never knew the weight on his legs was an issue, but then again I also haven't bothered putting him together yet. I'll get around to it eventually though. :)

One of my favorite things about this is the fact that I can get possibly ugly minis that I wouldn't have given a 2nd thought before they were in the Bones line. PLUS I wouldn't have given the Bones line a chance at all if it wasn't for this kickstarter. So pretty much anything they release in the Kickstarter is good IMO. I can always either resell the unwanted mini or chop it apart and use it for parts. The possibilities are endless!

#11 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I suppose it's pointless for me to wish for Bones in THIS Kickstarter, since they've already plotted it out, but one thing that occurs to me is that it would be nice to see how much these Bones are going to cost once they're in production, if they have already figured out the MSRP. Although the deals are sure to still be pretty good, actually seeing how much we might save by getting them *now* could be a nice little incentive for anyone who's sitting on the fence about it.

For instance, the Bones Skeletal Spearmen are listed on the Reaper side at $4.99 for three, while the Bones Zombies are listed at $4.49 for three. That suggests that the MSRP price for the new Bones zombies and skeletons will be somewhere around $1.50-$1.67 each. With the "Undead Horde" pack in the Reaper Kickstarter, you can get 10 undead (a mixture of skeletons and zombies) for $10, which works out to be $1 per miniature. My math is a bit iffy here, but that roughly works out to be about at least 1/3 off the MSRP -- and as a rule of thumb, if my local game store were offering 1/3 off of Reaper minis, I'd be scrambling to grab some. ;)

For the Dungeon Crawler pledge level, you get 12 rats, 12 kobolds, and 12 goblins for $15 ... which is roughly equivalent to getting 2x #77016 (Rats x6 - $3.49 per pack) + 2x #77010 (Kobolds x6 - $3.49 per pack) + 2x packs of goblins (no known price yet but I'll guess $3.49 per pack of 6 based on previous examples), or $20.94 -- about 28% off. (Not QUITE as spectacular as the Vampire-level deals, but not bad.)

It looks like regular characters (#77008 - Male Human Warrior, #77011 - Dwarf Warrior) are running around $1.99 each MSRP for Bones, so when I look at the various add-on packs at Vampire level (Townsfolk, Klocke Classics, Elves, Dwarves) where it's roughly $1 per figure for a pack of 4, that's about 50% off what it'd cost to get them later. (And that doesn't even include shipping/handling for those who don't have a "friendly local game store" to shop at.)

I don't know if my guesses are on the mark or not, or how spotty my math is, but I'm pretty sure that some comparative pricing would help to drive home the added value of signing on to some of these deals right now, if someone's wavering. Just a thought.

#12 JoeGKushner

JoeGKushner

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

The big old earth elemental, the big old warlord hill giant, and some regular fire and frost giants. I like the king and queen but I don't want multiples of them and with giants, hell, some of them you need multiples of, especially if you want to run a particular old school adventure.

#13 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12241 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Anhurians would be awesome. They could serve as everything from Town Guard to King's Soldiers.

I don't know about you guys, but our PC's have a knack for getting snagged up in wars and being able to fill the field with uniforms in a budget-friendly way would be a neat touch.