Baphomet69

Kickstarter Bones You'd Like To See

I haven't particpated yet. I probably will, but I havent been playing anything lately, and Ive never been a painter, so Im hesitating. I think I'm gonna have a paint-day this week just to make sure it doesnt drive me crazy :D

but add in a minotaur or two (already see one on the regular bones shop) and an undead pirate crew...

and I'm almost assuredly gonna bite even if I never use them.

Just saying.

I posted this on the KS page but reposting here as an "official" suggestion to Reaper...

Best idea I can think for a milestone stretch goal: Reaper kicks off a line of modular dungeon/cavern terrain pieces (floors, walls, etc) in affordable Bones plastic (but in grey to save some paint time). Cheaper than DF, less work than Hirst, and would promote more multiple purchases than your average figure. Stretch goal could offer 8 freebie basic pieces and a pack of more specialized stuff (doors, furnishings, traps...) for $15.

I think this would be a fantastic long-term cash cow for Reaper, too.

I'd like to see:

*Fairies, male or female

*Male Bard

*More male characters not holding swords or massive weaponry

*Sea Hag

*Water Elemental

*More abberations

*Vampires, male preferably

*Female character holding a hammer (Mother Superior is a good example)

*Angels, male or female

• Air and water elementals maybe as a clear or blue tinted lot of 4 or 5 models
  • Undead reinforcements: Mummy, Vampire, Ghoul or Ghast, and Wight (all generic as possible, so I can green stuff additional ones to look different if I get them)
  • Common familiars: bat, cat, hawk, lizard, monkey, owl, raven, toad, weasel, and imp
  • Common animal companions: ape, bear, boar, tiger, leopard, crocadile, dog, and wolf
  • Horse, pony, and camel with saddles (so it could be a mount/animal companion, or green stuffed to be a pack animal)
  • Additional animals: Hyena, Goblin Dog, dire bear, dire boar, dire tiger, dire wolf
  • Set of wings... Feathery, leathery, and butterfly-like so that we can turn other Bones models into fey, angels, or fiends :)

Well, that's all probably too unrealistic for the time we have left, but I think with that the Bones line would be pretty comprehensive for coverng the needs of most gamers.

Eric

• Like 1

The dungeon decor elements introduced as the $1.1M reward are nice, but I'd like to see more of what's already available become part of the Bones line...

• 02313: Treasure Hoard I
  • 02320: Treasure Hoard II
  • 02695: Fungus Patch

among others.

I would like to see sprues with items or weapons. I would think this would make some coversions/modifications more easily accomplished. Kinda thinking.. guitars (or other musical instruments). Maybe a frying pan, a cricket bat or a lamp shaped like a leg.

Elementals (the other two kinds, translucent plastic please), and cavalry. That's all I want now. The rest of the bases have been pretty well covered.

~v

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pcktlnt
      About
      The Amazons are a new line of 28mm white metal and urethane resin table top gaming figurines from RBJ Game Company. Digitally rendered by Master Sculptor Bobby Jackson and faithfully brought to physical reality by Fortress Figures using cutting edge technology to bring you the unquestionably highest quality metal and resin miniature available today.

Stretch goals apply to any pledge of $50 or more.

(removed due to nudity) SCALE SHOT   PAINTED EXAMPLES   This project is for unpainted, white metal and/or resin figurines. Models are provided NOT painted. Models are scaled to 28mm toe to eye or 1:60. Models are provided with a plastic tab/slot base. White metal figurines are not toys and are intended only for adults. Models may require some assembly, may have sharp or pointed parts and are a choking hazard to anyone prone to put them in their mouth.

SHIPPING  
      On the end of the campaign, each backer will be issued a coupon code via e-mail to redeem at our on-line store for your pledge rewards. This worked out very well last time around seeming to be the simplest way and also allows for some last minute additions if you desire. Shipping fees are not included in the pledge level and will be collected at the time you redeem your coupon code.

Estimated shipping fees:
      U.S. $0 - $5 (U.S. receives free shipping for $50 or more pledges)
      Canada $0-$15 (Canada receives free shipping for $125 or more pledges)
      World Wide $0-20 (Free world wide shipping for $175 or more pledges)

Customs fees, duties, taxes, tariffs and or additional charges incurred at the shipping destination by the receiver are the responsibility of the receiver. RBJ Game company cannot accept any responsibility for additional charges imposed by the taxing authority of the legal jurisdiction of the receiving residency.
    • By Brianuk
      Mainly because a user asked me who made a particular miniature and I can't reload the message to answer it. These are the winter or frost versions of the adventurers in the latest Hasslefree Pin Up kickstarter. The bard (blond, cloak, staff) is called "winter erryn" by Hasslefree. 

I have asked on the "bones you would like to see" thread for wintery/frostgrave style Bones figures. 

• By Rick Anderson
      I keep a blog of painted miniatures with their model number - awhile back I had painted the werebat from Kickstarter#3 model #169.  Is that intended to be 77448 which appears to be missing in the current inventory?

Blog with painted model: http://minipaint.blogspot.com/2018/01/reaper-miniatures-werebat-bones3-169.html

Thanks,
      Rick

• By TheAuldGrump
      Ending in four days - Redshirts: Adventures in Absurdity

Sometimes the greatest adventure in space is simply surviving the orders of your captain. Redshirts brings laughs to your gaming table

Sounds like fun - I am in for $10 - with no real intent of ever running the beastie.

A short adventure series, covering levels 1 - 3.

Mission 1: The Terrible Tacos: When Captain Ginny wakes up after a weekend bender with an intense craving for tacos, she decides to send her newly arrived recruits on their first mission. Unfortunately for the recruits, the local Taco Galaxy is under deadly new management. Mission 2: The Cheaper Cleaner: Stuck in a surveillance mission around a dying star, first officer Laisse Faire decides to save a few credits and send the PCs to pick up his dry cleaning instead of paying for delivery. He's sure the quarantine around the planet won't be a problem.  Mission 3: The Pirate Bonanza: When several important pieces of the ship's engine go missing, the PCs are sent shopping at the local space pirate flea market with a budget of $0 and the Captain expecting change back. Can the PCs get the ship back in working order or will they end up swabbing the decks of a pirate ship for the rest of their days?  
      You are the away team for an incompetent captain, on a less than stellar starship.

Reminds me more of the old SF classic(?) Quark than Star Trek...

The Auld Grump
    • By pcktlnt
      LINK

In 1980 (ish) I got my hands on the original D&D game and played with my friends. Over the years, I fell in love with all of the books, especially the Fiend Folio. That COVER! Emmanuel's painting of the Githyanki! Man it is awesome.
      Then, In high school, I used to charge a whopping 50 bucks to hand-paint denim jacket back-panels for all of the metalheads and rockers. My favorite ones to paint, of course, were Iron Maiden's album covers. Derek Riggs' amazing paintings of Eddie blew my high school kid mind.

One day while painting a version of KILLERS by Iron Maiden, it struck me how similar it was to the old FIEND FOLIO cover. I thought that one day it would be fun to draw up a mix of the two. 

The original painting was done on a denim jacket, which sold at an art show, just like the old days. Since then, lots of folks have asked me to put the design onto T-Shirts, so I figured this would be a good way to get them out there!
      Boom.
      SHIRT DETAILS
      Shirt Brand and Material: This is an American Apparel T-shirt. It is black, 100 percent cotton on the sleeves and back, and soft poly on the front panel, The result is a vintage feel, super soft, medium-light weight shirt that feels great and shows bright colors. It is a slim fit, 4.4 oz., side-seamed t-shirt.
      Sizes: The shirts are available in the standard "unisex" American Apparel sizes of Small through XXL.
      Printing Method: These shirts are printed using a Dye-Sublimation process. It is an amazing process that gives photographic results while keeping the fabric incredibly soft. You have probably seen this printing method used on mousepads and game-mats. I did not want such a huge print to make the shirt feel like a plastic suit of armor, so silkscreening was not considered. The shirt printer has warned me that there may be small, white spots near the very edges of the art, in the underarms or edges. However, the sample that I ordered is perfect except when really stretched out, as you can see in the photos below.

TWO WEEK PROJECT
      Spread the word! If you know anyone that would be psyched for the shirt, pass along the link. The project is just a short, two week window.
      ORDERING DETAILS
      Backerkit: As with my past projects, I will be using Backerkit as a checkout system. This is a very flexible system that allows backers to order exactly what they want and lets us communicate after the project ends.
      Ordering more than one? Multiple people have asked me how to buy more than one. This option will be available as an "add on" upon checkout within the backerkit that you receive as a backer.
      Shipping Costs: We are using USPS priority shipping. 
      Returns: These shirts will be custom printed-to-order. This means that I am not creating large quantities and selling from that stock. I will be making only the shirts that have been ordered and therefore will not be able to accept returns. Thank you for understanding.
      *Please note that this project is not affiliated with Iron Maiden, TSR, Hasbro or Wizards of the Coast.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)