Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shardok

Looking for Group - Salem, OR

2 posts in this topic

So, now that I'm getting a Ton of Bones and a nice chunk of Stonehaven Dwarves I really think it's time to expand my group. Currently it's mostly one or two friends and myself that are interested in the painting of miniatures and such, whereas the rest of our group is just about gaming.

We try to get together once a week for a full day on Saturday in Aumsville, but it's likely we'll aim for Salem as our main venue moreso, as people are moving here (I already have as have a couple others) and a lot of them go to Chemeketa. Once school starts up they'll also be in Salem more often during the week, so likely throw in some hanging out here and there then too.

Really, I'm just looking for anyone to hang out with that is interested in miniatures enough to at least get these bones. Maybe plan something out for when they come so we can all get together and motivate each other to paint them instead of just marvelling at their awesomeness. I'm also willing to sell/trade some miniatures from this kickstarter to people who just plain can't get the money right now or whatever else if they live in Salem or around the area, presuming they're also willing to either game with us or let us game with them or whatever else.

I'm not too big of a fan of the FLGS here because they're quite a distance away from where I live in Salem and more recently they've become less and less interested in non-card gamers and their staff likewise has become less and less knowledgeable on non-card subjects. (Recently a friend went there who had just got into miniatures and asked what all he would need to get started painting and the guys there managed to sell him a brush and some paints. That's it.)

So yeah, just looking for anyone interested in gaming and/or miniatures around the area of Salem, OR as I know there's tons of you, you just all hide somewhere... And it's apparently not Borderlands... See very few groups there, although there's a decent amount of wargamers, just not a lot for pen and paper gaming usually.

I'm down in the Lebanon/Albany area. I don't do a lot with Reaper's games, but do a lot with minis. I've been playing GW's LOTR for a year (just a friend and I) and just got into PP's Warmachine/Hordes. I don't do a lot of RPG type stuff anymore due to time and to many other hobbies. I did get some bones though through the kickstarter, mostly to try them to see if i like em, and to get the paint set. mostly paint at the moment, trying to get better at it. and hoping to get into the Warmachine tourney scene, which is decent in this area.

There is a Privateer Press Press Ganger trying hard to get Borderlands to be better towards minis and wargaming. There are two LGS in Corvallis, one is kinda blah towards wargamers and the other is strictly GW games, or better said strictly Warhammer games. Just an FYI, Evolution Games in Eugene is all about wargaming. Good tables and regular players.

anyways, I don't get out of my house much since its connected to my work. I'll be moving to near Albany come January and hope to be making trips to Salem to play Warmachine at Borderlands.

hit me up with an email, ensigndan@gmail.com.

Dan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sushiroll
      I just got into miniature painting and decided to post on the forum to get some feedback and advice. This is only the second miniature I've ever painted. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out despite my lack of experience. I'm thinking of dry brushing his back a bit more for an even more intense frost/ice effect. I plan on varnishing and basing him as soon as the bases I ordered arrived. Any CC is welcome thanks for looking!

• By knarthex
      So even though I haven't been W.I.P.ping, I have been painting here and there....
      This is the WizKids Dreadlock Troll, that I decided to paint as an Ice Troll for our current Frostgrave Campaign....
      He has various pale greys and off whites, then  very dilute GW Blue ink Glazed on the skin, GW Snakebite Leather on his loin cloth, and SC75 SS Camo Shadow and SC75 Field Grey 50% on his hair....

Thanks for looking!

The Mojo May Return....
    • By KingMob
      http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2017/07/mv-challenge-2017.html?m=1

Peace and blessings,  brothers and sisters. The crew at Massive Voodoo have let loose their call for their 2017 Challenge.

The crew at Massive Voodoo set out challenges to their viewers in order to push our abilities past our comfort zone. This year they have two (2) Challenges for us!

1. Create a base using water effects.

2. Paint a Disney Infinity character.

There are limitations in this challenge - like on the basing Challenge: the goal is to create a base with a water effect, not to focus on a figure. They said we can use a small animal to accent the base, and Reaper has some awesome Familiars we can use. Also, Infinity Challenge is one figure, not multiple, which allows us to focus doing our best on one figure. Full details can be found by clicking on the link. 

I heard that little voice too: "I cannot win this! Why should I even try?" 
      Well shut the front door little-voice-in-my-head! 

I know I have much to learn and improve in my own Art, which is why this is a Challenge. We cannot lose: we win just by pushing past our comfort zone and learning more about our beloved hobby. :D

I said it before and I will keep repeating it: I believe in you. I see the awesome work you all do, and you believe in me too. That love helps me believe in myself and makes me want to work harder to push past my own limits.

Plus we get to paint a character from the Disney franchise - which includes Marvel and Star Wars! I didn't even consider painting these as well as playing with them! ( Don't judge too harshly. Elsa kicks butt.)

For a full list of characters available, check 'em out here:

http://www.portalcharacters.com/disney-infinity/figures.asp

You can find them individually and inexpensively on eBay. 

Now, if you will excuse me: I have some Reaper Familiars to peruse. :D

May your efforts be rewarded and blessed!

• By Chris Palmer
         A bunch of you enjoyed my recent thread in the Conversions sub-forum in which I did some conversions on my Shipwreck Revenant from Bones 3, (To see that thread, click here: Shipwreck Revenant Conversion.), so  I thought I'd do a thread to track my painting progress as well.  
          To sum up that thread; basically, I replaced the "face" part of the Revenant with a figurehead using the Succubus Queen (Sophie's Mom) figure from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion.  I also replaced the Tiki Head on the back with a section of mast and a ship's wheel, as well as reinforcing the harpoon arm so it wouldn't warp under it's own weight, and a few other small additions.

Here's a shot from about halfway though the work...

So early this morning I gave all the parts a primer coat with Krylon with Fusion "Flat Black".  

Then, this afternoon when it was dry, I gave the parts an initial dry brush coat of Americana "Charcoal Grey"

Followed with a dry brush coat of Americana "Mississippi Mud".

And finished the base coat dry brushing with a final coat of Americana "Barn Wood".

I'm now debating if I want to glue the whole thing together before moving on to the rest of the painting, or continue working on each part individually.

• Who's Online   63 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)