Photo

Will Reaper be expanding/hiring?

kickstarter

18 replies to this topic

#1 032125

• Bones Supporter
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I wonder if Reaper will have to expand their facility and/or hire a gaggle of new people to handle the suddenly extensive Bones line. That is a load of minis to deliver on the initial crunch...how will this affect production of existing lines? Surely they can't divert all of their people to producing Bones... thoughts?
SINE TYRANNIS SINE MANCIPIA

#2 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9333 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'll change my name to Bloglips if they want to hire me as their web loudmouth.

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#3 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5807 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

It will just depend on when they can get the equipment they need I imagine. Although I'm sure they could use a little bit of help in March.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#4 Lastman

Lastman

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

When they are ready to establish a facility in Chicago I'll be available... pay no attention to the high taxes, crime, high rent, and freakishly volatile weather.

#5 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 2556 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

No. I have it on good authority that Ed is just going to take all the money, dump it on the floor of his office, and roll around in it for a while.

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#6 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5878 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I wonder if Reaper will have to expand their facility and/or hire a gaggle of new people to handle the suddenly extensive Bones line. That is a load of minis to deliver on the initial crunch...how will this affect production of existing lines? Surely they can't divert all of their people to producing Bones... thoughts?

It seems unlikely that any of the Bones that are part of this KS will actually be produced *at* Reaper. They are not currently set up to handle injection molding, and to try to bring that online at the same time that you are trying to get all these models into production would be a logistical nightmare. If this initial wave of Bones does impact production, it will only be because Reaper is small (in number of employees), and the shipping department is even smaller. If they have to pull people away from other departments to ship out this massive load of figures, that could impact production of other lines. However, Reaper is already aware of what they are going to be facing when these all hit the warehouse, and I expect they'll adjust accordingly. Pretty much any monkey can stick an item in a box; several part-time/short-time contract employees could be brought on specifically for the purpose of packaging Bones to ship, leaving the other departments largely unaffected.

Now, after that? Yeah, it seems like some expansion might be in Reaper's future. I have no idea how much space the equipment for casting Bones is going to take up, but the current space they are in seems to be getting pretty full lately.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

#7 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5807 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Bryan and I were talking about building expansion at Reapercon. There are a couple of different options available, although the best one is probably the most expensive.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V

#8 032125

• Bones Supporter
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

No. I have it on good authority that Ed is just going to take all the money, dump it on the floor of his office, and roll around in it for a while.

As would I.
SINE TYRANNIS SINE MANCIPIA

#9 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5807 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Unfortunately I don't think its quite the same rolling around on a large check.
  • 032125 likes this

#10 ixminis

ixminis

Paint-Lackey

• Artists
  • 3893 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Checks *can* be cashed. :devil:
  • angstpuppet likes this
MichaelG / IXMINIS (I-X-Minis)
Friends don't let friends paint drunk
http://www.tinywars.com

#11 dwarvenranger

dwarvenranger

Doglike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1253 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Unfortunately I don't think its quite the same rolling around on a large check.

I'll roll around on a million dollar check.
Grow Stronger

#12 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14210 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

If Ed becomes Scrooge McPugh...
Who is Donald, and who gets to be Huey, Dewey and Louie?

The Jr. Woodchuck guidebook says...

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#13 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6234 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

It's cool to speculate on the future. I hope Reaper is able to kick it in Texas.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#14 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5807 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Bryan, Bryan and Bryan

#15 dwarvenranger

dwarvenranger

Doglike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1253 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hello, I'm Bryan, this is my cousin Bryan and this is my other cousin Bryan
Grow Stronger

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic