Photo

what are you going to do with your kickstarter Bones?

kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3887 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

What have you got planned? RPGs? Skirmish games? Paint practice? Conversions?
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#2 Samurai007

Samurai007

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

First painting, of course, then they join the thousands of other minis I use for RPGs (mostly playing Pathfinder at the moment)
  • Girot likes this

#3 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1321 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

I will use them mostly for paint practice and RPGs.

I might also donate a few extras to the paint n' take at a local convention.
  • Wren likes this

RCon 2012 shark aviation engineer

Miniatures Blog

#4 dwarvenranger

dwarvenranger

Doglike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1254 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

The annihilation of my players :devil:
  • Thes Hunter, Adrift, orrinb1969 and 3 others like this
Grow Stronger

#5 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

After I've buried most of them I'll melt the rest in a fire. :D jkjk I'll probably spend an ungodly amount of time painting them then may try getting into selling some excess minis that I've painted as well as RPGs and whatnot. :)

#6 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 2566 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Just set them all up on the coffee table and MARVEL at them for a while, to begin with.
  • Runelord151, Wren, Rigmarole and 8 others like this

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#7 Arachne

Arachne

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm going to dive into the box and swim around like Scrooge McDuck in his gold vault. Many of them are going to be NPCs in our ongoing enormous homebrew campaign. We're making up future encounters every time we see a stretch goal revealed. I'll paint them. I'll enlist the household to paint them. I have to build shelves.
  • Dr.Bedlam, Baphomet69, Thes Hunter and 6 others like this

#8 angstpuppet

angstpuppet

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

All of the Dragons are getting painted up for my two year old son. He loves Dragons and Gargoyles. I am trying to price out a display case for his room between now and March. Time to start him on having his own stuff. By the time he is old enough to play RPGs and war games I will likely have several armies together for him.

The stuff that ties into Greek and Egyptian themes will get added to my Wargods armies. A bunch will get traded. The rest, who knows? And of course I am going in with other people, so I have no idea what their portions of things are for. Most of the base Vampire pledge is not for me.
  • mustardgreens likes this

#9 DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Some of the minis will go towards wargaming (marines!), but most of them will go towards kickstarting (dohoho) my RPG collection. Right now all my fantasy minis are from the Lord of the Rings line, and it's tough when the only elf options are a couple Legolas models or one of Elrond's sons (none of which work for spellcasters, for instance!) or when there are three different Aragorn models are running around because it's a fighter/ranger-heavy party.

Not to mention, every enemy seems to end up being orcs. How difficult! If only I had a huge collection of singleton adventurer minis so that my players could always get a model that looks like their character!

But seriously, I'm never going to be done painting them. So what am I going to do with my minis when I get them in March? Start painting!
  • mustardgreens likes this

#10 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5880 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

As I get them painted, they will largely replace the figures that I am using for my Dungeon Crawls. I already use a handful of LEs now, and they a) look good, and b) give me peace of mind, knowing that if someone drops one, there will be no damage (to the dungeon or the figure).

I even see it forcing me to perform a retool of one section; I've been contemplating a series of lava caves. The addition of the fire giants and the elementals to Bones pretty much guarantee that I will now build that section. It's also pretty certain that sometime in the not too distant future, Nethyrmaul will become the center piece of the dungeon.

You have no idea how much stress it causes me to tote Gauth (or Marthrangul, or Verocithrax, or whomever I bring) to a convention, especially one that isn't close. :unsure:

~v
  • Wren and Thes Hunter like this

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

#11 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Mostly paint practice. The skellies will make nice conversions though.
Also if I paint something and don't like it.. hey, I can easily resell it and get $2. ::D:

Edit: One of the nice things about Bones is you don't really have to factor in the cost of the mini when you consider selling a painted one. It'll be much easier for painters to make a name for themselves with Bones.
  • Frankthedm likes this

#12 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9365 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

After I've buried most of them

You . . . uh . . . you know that won't grow into Bones trees, right?

* imagines a Bones tree *

Okay, on the off chance that some of these Bones are enchanted like those beans I bought last year from that weird hermit guy, I think I'll try it anyway.
  • Baphomet69 and MatrissaTheEnchantress like this

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#13 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Paint 'em. Use them in RPGs, if I ever game again. And I'm still considering making sure to get enough upright dragons for the 'Dragons Playing Poker' diorama that I keep threatening to do...

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#14 Galahad@Heresy-Online

Galahad@Heresy-Online

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well, many of them are going into THE BOX to languish in darkness until I have a need for them. I may use them to practice.

The NOVAs and Marines are going to get converted for use with my Warhammer 40k stuff...I'm getting extras of both. Marines would make a good Space Marines Scout squad, or Imperial Guard Stormtroopers, the Novas could be allied IG maybe carapace-armored vets or stormies, etc.

I know a lot of people are going to be using a little of everything to make inquisitorial henchmen squads...which reminds me, we need another chronoscope pack, with one of those space orangutans! I need a Jakaro Weaponsmith.
  • Rigmarole likes this

#15 Thes Hunter

Thes Hunter

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1360 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

I hesitate to post this on a forum... where the idea could get copied before I have the time to bring it to completion... but maybe letting the idea run rampant would be good because it would probably take me a good amount of time before I could see it to furition.

But these dragon bones makes it easier and easier to pull off my 'Dragon Pimp', with the large Flava Flav platinum around the neck, a giant gold on a ring, and etc. Yeah, techincally all of these are evil dragon sculpts... but we aren't going to get that crazy on the details are we? :blink:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users