• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#151 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9276 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

RAFM made Doctor Who miniatures back in the 80's.

ETA: seems they were Citadel sculpts, RAFM just cast them for the north american market.

ETA 2: And they were FASA branded.

Lots of hands in that treasure chest.

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#152 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1352 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

What a great thread to read. An awesome trip down memory lane.

I was just using a couple Polly S paints this past week. Those bottles have to be among the first acrylics I ever owned and over twenty years old now... maybe closer to twenty-five. Wow. I'll be sad when those two finally go bad (they'll never run out as they are both rarely used colors).

Oh well, things aren't like they used to be... and they probably never were.

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#153 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 4469 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

I hope nobody minds my resurrecting this awesome thread. I kind of like the history in it.

Also, my husband found me a twenty year old Ral Partha Feathered Serpent shrink wrapped in the original box, so I iz very happy. I may miss my old horde of minis, but this gives me a little physical connection to that time.
  • Last Knight likes this

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Any sufficiently advanced technology you don't understand is indistinguishable from magic you don't understand."
-- Richard Garfinkle

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#154 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• Bones Supporter
  • 3816 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Lots of memories here.
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."

- Pingo's alter ego.

#155 KruleBear

KruleBear

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for conducting a beneficial resurrection! My first purchase was the Grenadier Dwarves box set in like '82. Some have been painted several time and are in my display case.

My mom who thought this hobby was rediculous had a neighbor who dabbled in art paint them as a surprise on my birthday. She did a ogod job, but no primer meant they needed repainted and touched up over time. I hated my experience painting model vehicle with Testors and got some Liquitex acrylics at a local tiny art shop and painted everything with them...wish i would have known about artist mediums at the time to thin them though ;-)

Edited by KruleBear, 31 July 2013 - 11:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users