7 posts in this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Since many games have stalled waiting on one player, do the "regulars" have any interest in Rise of the Runelords?
I have read through 80% of it.
I'd be OK if you've played some of part I, but not read it.
If there is interest for 4 players, I'll put up character creation rules.
By Dark Horse
The new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is now available for PUBLIC BETA TESTING at the url included below. As of this moment there are still model images that need to be completed and uploaded, but the tool should produce any roster that the older tool could do with a few enhancements.
1) The builder page (and all other pages) may be zoomed in your browser without destroying the page layout.
2) The Database now includes all available models and equipment for each faction, including the expansion armies and beta factions Razig and Halflings.
3) A Roster Name may be added for every army build.
4) Troop names can be used for each troop section (or you can leave empty for the default).
5) Game Points have been added and are optional unless you choose to use a Battle Totem. (Battle Totems appear on the roster with a strikethru if no GPV was added during the build.)
6) Number of Troops per Row can be configured for the output. (The default of 4 is odd given 9 total troops but fills the page better.)
7) Faction Doctrines have been added along with a display of each doctrine in the datacard window using the datacard format.
8) Models and Equipment within any given troop may be re-ordered within that troop via drag-n-drop with your mouse (does not work with touch devices).
9) A "mini" instructions block was added as a footer to the troop build area/column.
10) Army Creator 2.0.1 can be "skinned" with a color theme - though the ability for the user to change the color theme has not been implemented, maybe in a future update.
The Roster Output (Printout) now contains the following additions/enhancements:
1) Roster Name (optional - faction name is used if no roster name is supplied).
2) The full Faction Doctrine (if selected) is included as a section on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster.
3) A Warlord Benefits section (if a warlord is in the army) is included on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster and after the Doctrine section (if it exists).
4) Innate Spells are now included on the 1st Roster Page after the Warlord Benefits (if any models have innate spells).
5) Special Abilities summary for all models in the army are now more clearly broken down by ability class.
6) The Battle Totem is included in the equipment list of the output.
7) Equipment items are italicized in the roster to more easily distinguish them from the actual models.
8) Spellbooks are now essentially a one page reference for spellcasters by providing all of the stats and spells in one place for each caster.
The Support Site currently provides:
1) A datacard spreadsheet with a quick-overview of model stats.
2) All current official errata for Warlord 2nd Edition.
3) Reference Pages for gameplay, such as Model States, Magic Tomes & Spells (independent of spellcasters), and Special Abilities, with more game reference material to come. (Note: You will ALWAYS need at least one of the books to play the game.)
The Support Site will eventually contain a tournament support tool, campaigns, scenarios, free downloads and other useful information to help you recruit new players and just plain have more fun!
And the current home of the new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is: http://warlord.miniaturegameworks.com
Please report any data discrepancies or functional issues to my inbox in the reapermini forum - thanks!
Also, we should probably extend a Thank You to the folks at Reaper for granting permission to use all of the data and materials necessary to build this tool.
And here is 60067, Nyrissa. At long last.
The base is from Micro Arts Studio. There's a WIP thread.
I was trying to follow the reference art for this important Kingmaker NPC fairly closely. It turned out okay, although I just this second realized that her feet are supposed to be orange like her hands. Blast. Well, I don't think they're getting fixed now, because I am so done with this mini. The gradients. THE GRADIENTS. DEAR GOD, THE GRADIENTS!
It turned out okay, but I think this takes my personal award for Most Annoying Mini. It just felt like a slog to get through it.
By Flaming Tiki
There I was the hobby store, I had the bones version in my hand when I ran across the metal Pathfinder version, I opted for metal. Still working out my NMM, planning on some color glazing before it's done. I also decided that this dude gets an elaborate base. I don't play with my figs, so they will all be getting the advanced base treatment. I also decided to play with green stuff for the first time. I only have pics of the helmet mods right now, but there's more (next post).
Thank's for droppin in and checkin this out, what do you think?
Who's Online 55 Members, 9 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Rob Dean
- Darius Glenwell
- Thes Hunter
- Mr Melons
- Chris Palmer
- Lidless Eye
- Cranky Dog
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Arc 724
- Boris Khan