525 replies to this topic

#46 kericmason

kericmason

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

She doesn't look like a stripper to me, but I will confess that I haven't seen a stripper in 14 or so years...

I am reminded of a line from Tom Lehr's song smut, "when correctly viewed, everything is lewd". I suspect we could caption all the bones models, and make them rated 'R' LOL.

Eric

#47 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm so glad we have been joined by so many anatomy and art experts. Perhaps they could post pictures of their amazing work in the show off section? </sarcasmtroll>

Really!? Really!? Seriously people! We're getting these figures at or below cost. The least we could do is show some gratitude.
  • VileKnight likes this

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#48 Princess Artemis

Princess Artemis

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

http://files.petapix...menup3_mini.jpg

She so reminds me of this :D

psyberwolfe1, I plan to when I've actually panted some minis. I don't believe the Show-Off section is the place for paintings and drawings? I suppose I should have lurked some more, but I thought that some criticism, provided it was constructive, was welcome here. Is it too harsh to point out an anatomy issue that is very, very likely corrected in a sculpt?

#49 Wasgo

Wasgo

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

Really!? Really!? Seriously people! We're getting these figures at or below cost. The least we could do is show some gratitude.

What does gratitude have to do with this discussion? I'm grateful for the deal offered for figures, it was an amazing. There are separate threads for that.

This thread is about giving feedback on the Storm Giant design. Some people don't like that it's not a fighting stance; some people think the pose is too sexual; and some people, like myself, just think that particular pose would require joints in places that they didn't previously exist. Being grateful doesn't preclude having any of these opinions.
  • Frankthedm and Rigmarole like this

#50 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12215 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Who's to say she doesn't have extra badonkadonk joints? ::P:

I don't believe the Show-Off section is the place for paintings and drawings?

Also, if you wanted to share paintings/drawings you could always do so in the Off-Topic forum.
  • psyberwolfe1 likes this
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#51 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6791 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

You just know that when all is said and done, and the mini is in hand, someone is going to complain that the cloud giant isn't exactly like the concept art...
  • Rigmarole, psyberwolfe1 and The Inner Geek like this

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#52 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12215 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

You just know that when all is said and done, and the mini is in hand, someone is going to complain that the cloud giant isn't exactly like the concept art...

I will.

If she doesn't have that sweet badonkadonk that makes me all crazy.
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#53 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15015 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

I will.

But you will have that cyber monkey...

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#54 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7404 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

I will.

But you will have that cyber monkey...

Sounds like a nightmarish idea for a diorama.
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#55 papercut

papercut

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

The thing about the pose is it is not static, it is a pose that suggests movement , she is getting ready to heft the giant redwood club and proceed to layeth the smaketh down. It is threatening and much scarier than the male pose, which is kinda boring in comparison.

My two pence.

#56 VileKnight

VileKnight

• Bones Supporter
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

I don't see the complaint honestly. This is a fantasy setting, so provocative women are part of the deal. If you want female giants who are in a less suggestive pose, or more of a warrior type then I humbly suggest getting the fire or frost giants. Lets put an end to this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner, because she isn't, and frankly the design matches up pretty well with what you find for storm giant lore. :)
  • psyberwolfe1, Gailbraithe and kimifly like this
Fledgling mini painter - Bones KS supporter - DM for Aftermath of War

#57 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6791 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

...this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner...

Now I just want to run a campaign simply so i can use this idea as an encounter. :devil:

Ooh, better yet, I want to play in a campaign GMd by Buglips where he uses this idea an encounter... :rock:

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#58 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15015 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Death by Snoo snoo!
  • buglips*the*goblin, psyberwolfe1 and Nocturne like this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#59 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12215 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

...this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner...

Now I just want to run a campaign simply so i can use this idea as an encounter. :devil:

Ooh, better yet, I want to play in a campaign GMd by Buglips where he uses this idea an encounter... :rock:

It would be at least rated R, if not NC-17.