• This topic is locked This topic is locked
525 replies to this topic

#61 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11328 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Oh no no no no no. I'm not getting on any mod's bad side. Especially not Ladystorm's. She has storm in her name. That can only mean bad things for people who cross the line.

I suspect she keeps the board in line by throwing lighting bolts at serious offenders.

Too cool for a signature. 

#62 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1287 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

I don't see the complaint honestly. This is a fantasy setting, so provocative women are part of the deal. If you want female giants who are in a less suggestive pose, or more of a warrior type then I humbly suggest getting the fire or frost giants. Lets put an end to this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner, because she isn't, and frankly the design matches up pretty well with what you find for storm giant lore. :)

Sure she is - Mind you, she will be literally picking up guys on the corner. (Her johns are the ones yelling 'Put me down! Please God, put me down! ::P: )

The Auld Grump
  • morari likes this
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#63 evergrin

evergrin

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

The concept sketches for the storm giants look really good, but does the female giant have to be in the stripper pose? I really hope her pose is modified for the actual model, it'll be nice to have a female giant in an actual fighting pose for a change.

I thought she looked cute and beautiful. But, now I see that some people can be disturbed by her pose.

Reading this thread, it seems that her stance is unlikely to be changed, but maybe you could use green stuff to modify her a little bit?
Hiding her hip and upper thigh at least? It looks to me that she has this long cloth gently running down on her back.

http://blog.naver.co...rin/90151188672
I don't own Photoshop, sorry about the unclear green line, but I hope that you are able to see what I am trying to describe.

*Note: I like her as she is, and will be glad to have her in March.

#64 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

Offer to trade her in the trade list. I *know* there was at least one post in the Comments by someone interested in multiples of her. Maybe he's forming a chorus line or something.

#65 Goblyn

Goblyn

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

I thought she looked cute and beautiful. But, now I see that some people can be disturbed by her pose.

Reading this thread, it seems that her stance is unlikely to be changed, but maybe you could use green stuff to modify her a little bit?
Hiding her hip and upper thigh at least? It looks to me that she has this long cloth gently running down on her back.

http://blog.naver.co...rin/90151188672
I don't own Photoshop, sorry about the unclear green line, but I hope that you are able to see what I am trying to describe.

and cover the shoulder the male too

#66 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11328 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I only just noticed the cloud giant girly's weapon is also shaped like a girly. An upside-down girly!

I feel like I'm watching Inception again.

Too cool for a signature. 

#67 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

...this silly idea that the storm giant women is dressed up like some hussy who is trying to pick up guys on the corner...

Now I just want to run a campaign simply so i can use this idea as an encounter. :devil:

Ooh, better yet, I want to play in a campaign GMd by Buglips where he uses this idea an encounter... :rock:

It would be at least rated R, if not NC-17.

I do own the "Book of Erotic Fantasy."

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#68 Zelkon

Zelkon

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, she looks moddable. Just righting her posture should solve the problem, at least to an extent.
Edit: hair and head might be a problem.

#69 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1287 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

An odd side effect of this discussion - I now have an urge to mod a female storm giant so that she is wearing an evening dress or ball gown.

But, that would be with a second giantess - I like the way she looks, just the way she is.

The Auld Grump, a second male might be painted as a firbolg, adding a bit more beard.
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#70 SilverRowan

SilverRowan

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

...damnit Auld. Now I want a third. This is getting ridiculous and I'm already going to have a lot of mods to do!

I all seriousness I can easily see both sides of the argument, I'd have loved a more agressive looking female giant, as the others are more static, AND a more passive looking male giant. BUT she's a gorgeous concept, thematically fits with the cloud giant fluff, I know who the sculptor is and am Very fond of his work, and to be blunt, the minis selected are about what will yeild a return on investment (I have to assume), and I can see her doing that quite well. Also, looking at the sketch, I'm hoping she won't be difficult to mod into a pose that is outright agressive, but I'm keeping one as sculpted!

#71 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 6365 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Maybe they'll do a giant couple in the future where the female is in a warrior's pose and the male is more passive and still/watchfull. Aren't there still plenty of giant types to sculpt?

I for one would not mind a little more variety in the gender roles.
  • SilverRowan and Princess Artemis like this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#72 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hill giants! Yeah, hill giants. A kick-booty female hill giant and a male hill giant sporting a come-hither stare...maybe with one finger in his mouth and a half-shirt showin' off his belly! O.o

Ick...I just gave mahself the heebie-Jeebies...
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#73 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I'm really surprised we didn't get to see the Reven Hill Giant during the KS

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#74 cloudshaper2k

cloudshaper2k

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Baphomet, I think you just gave us ALL the heebie jeebies. I'm going to go floss my brain to get that image out of my head.

#75 Ursha&NoAkei

Ursha&NoAkei

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

My gilrfiren did a dance class when she was young so she agreed to try the gigatess pose. I must say that is not a pose for everyone but is shurely possible.
ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.gif
Ursha: "Since we subscribed the kickstarter togheter we should have a forum user togheter"
No'Akei: "Yes but you should manage it by yourself!"
http://ihoschronicles.wordpress.com/ (Italian language only)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users