Sign in to follow this  
lstormhammer

Happy Howl-oween!

Mornin', everyone.

Got a bit inspired to slap some paint together. The pics are a little bleached out, sorry about that. The model is tiny. I wanted to do it as a black wolf pup (the halloween theme and all), but once I finished drybrushing and Dullcote-ing it, it came out more gray than anything...

Hope you like!

--LSH

happyhowloween.jpg

I know, right?!

But seriously, been making an effort to getting paint jobs to the level of 'Completed'. Dare I say- 'show off-able'.

Also; Living In The Future moment, relying on my phone in a coffeeshop. I would have crashed my flying car, anyways...

--LSH.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buckyball
      Here is a figure I painted for the game Rangers of Shadow Deep.

Buckyball 

• By NomadZeke
      Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge again, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1. (not yet updated for the CAV II figures)

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little or not as much as one would like, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, post in the bi-monthly thread and include the tag RPChallenge

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Year long challenge
      Pick a miniature of size large or greater to complete in the Jan-Feb Block. In Nov-December, purchase that same mini and repaint in the same scheme to see direct side-by-side improvement or changes in your methods

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84372-january-february-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9
      May/June: 9
      July/August: 9:
      Sept/Oct: 8:
      Nov/Dec: 9:

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By KingMob
      Meet Raven! And her hound Foxy! Member of the Red Cloaks band of mercenaries traveling the Land. Ranged support while providing knowledge of how to survive outside of civilization.
      Not that stops Ernie's complaining...

60181: Adowyn & Leryn (Iconic Hunter & Wolf) painted in Autumn palette with NMM, Texture, and Freehand. This was another miniature full of fiddly bits to paint. After watching Bobby Jackson sculpt on the Reaper LIVE show, I think this was a digital sculpt! Looking forward to seeing this miniature in the BONES version. 

• By DocPiske
      After missing last year I'm back. Good thing I started painting in August, just finished these last weekend!

First up, a banshee (77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee). Not too happy with this one, still working on finding just the right way to use the translucent Bones. I like how the dress turned out, though.

Next up, 77097 Grave Wraith. Happier with this one, but still not quite right:

Next, another pumpkin golem, 03708 Freddie, the Pumpkin Horror. I think I'm only missing one now.

And what is Halloween without a spooky tree (03692 Halloween Tree):

Keeping with the pumpkin theme, here is the Halloween Knight, 01449. Color scheme shamelessly stolen from the mobs in Scholomance in World of Warcraft.

And finally, Halloween herself, 01450 All Hallow's Eve. She came out a bit more shiny than I intended.

Happy Halloween everyone!
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 4 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)