Photo

How to get rid of ad.yieldmanager.com???

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12966 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

AGHHH I've tried everything I've got & then some & it cleans whatever is on my system but that one!!!

I've read removal sites & yet there it is!!

How ith do you get rid of this one?

Sadly about the only program that has "removed" this was some spyware removal program that was free to download yet charges you if you wanted to remove it (ughhhhh)

Any help with this one will gladly be appreciated.

Appears I have something called google-analytic???? as well

These 2 pop up every time I'm in the Reaper store pages & in amongst other sites (tracking cookies)
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4363 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

I surf with Firefox. It has automatic ad blocking options. I think Chrome must have it too, because I never see ads on the Reaper site.

Google Analytics is a web site tracker. It's on the web site you're visiting, nothing to do with your machine.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12966 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Well I've got something nasty, as I just used ccleaner (the one utility I forgot I had) to wipe out everything I had in regards to browsers & other net related items. Yah it wiped out everything BUT those damn pop ups...............AGHHHHH!!

The 2 pop ups are (& they'll come up on other sites as well), both pull upwards from the tool bar. On the right is the google one (usually a smartphone graphic talking about something & the adyield one is mostly a video or a ad that varies in whatever.

HIGHLY ANNOYING right now. Epically since I've used some of the most popular programs to clean them off my system..(Spybot, Ad-aware (which I'm not sure I trust anymore), malware Antibytes, ccleaner, list goes on & on....)

#4 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5879 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Just block the cookie via your browser's security settings:

For Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Sites: type in yieldmanager.com > Block.

For Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history > Exceptions > Address of web sites: type in yieldmanager.com > Block.

What AV do you use? The best free one is, surprisingly, Microsoft's Security Essentials. If you've got something nasty that keeps coming back after reboots it means you're going to have to boot into safe mode to remove it or download Avast! which is a free AV that includes a boot time scan that will run before Windows fully boots and can remove anything that way as the troublesome app hasn't loaded itself into memory yet.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#5 evhorne969

evhorne969

Sculptor

• Artists
  • 279 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hey Randy,

I've gotten this one before too. Very annoying!! Easy fix though. Download and install Revo uninstaller (freeware) and uninstall ALL virus protection software. Then download and install Malware Bytes. Disconnect from the Internet. Run a full scan with Malware Bytes. Reboot into safe mode and run another full scan with MB again. That should do the trick. Reboot normally and reinstall all of your virus protection.

Gene

#6 Goblyn

Goblyn

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 873 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

uninstall ALL virus protection software :blink:

#7 evhorne969

evhorne969

Sculptor

• Artists
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yep, I know it sounds weird but it works! :-D I've picked up this infection a couple times from random web pages. The first time I got it I tried EVERYTHING, just like what Randy did. My Dad called and in the normal course of conversation I started telling him about my computer woes. He said he'd gotten the same infection a couple weeks before and solved it with a call to tech support (don't remember which company) He walked me through what I posted for Randy and it worked like a charm. Then I picked it up again a couple years later. Already had Revo and Malware Bytes installed and removed the infection without a hitch. Finally, my wife picked it up on her computer at work. She had just gotten it back from her IT department from some repair job. They wanted to wipe it again but she didn't want to wait another week to get it back. She called me and I gave her the steps. The IT guy removed the infection and her computer has been working fine ever since.

You DO reinstall all your virus protection after you get rid of the infection. ;-)

Gene

P.S. I'll second Avast, its a good antivirus program.

#8 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12966 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the tips Gene, I'll do that right away.

My virus protection is MS Security. I like it & really hasn't failed me (well except for this bs cookie problem), but I may give Avast! a try as I've heard good things about it as well.

RM

#9 Kay

Kay

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

My husbandish custom builds/repairs/upgrades computers and swears by Avast and Malware Bites. Those two things remove bugs that nothing else will touch. The first thing he does when he gets a computer is install them if they don't already have them and run them after uninstalling other AV programs. 9 times out of 10 just running those two programs fix 90% of all operating/software problems. Typically if those two don't fix the problems then some software is corrupt somewhere and needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled.
  • chaosscorpion likes this
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

#10 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Best things to use are ms security essentials and malwarebytes anti-malware - both are really good at removing everything from your machine, and work well together. You can download them (and a bunch of other awesome free software) at ninite.com - If you want to get rid of anything ad related, pm me and I'll shoot you a method that works well. It does break a couple of things that rely on ads, such as some tv sites that show commercials during their shows, but I don't watch those so it's not a big deal for me.

#11 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12966 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

I was able to get rid of the adyield stuff, sadly thou Gene's method didn't work. Oddly it took a Chrome extension to get rid of it. I will admit the addition of the programs he mentions I was able to get rid of some crap on my computer that I've just been lazy to get rid of, ha ha.

My antivirus was MS & I did have malware's program & neither took care of the problem, which I found odd since both of those have worked well in the past for me. I ended up going with AVG as my new anti-virus. I had it before in the past, figured I'd give it a whirl again at least for the time being. I did download Avast for my Kindle Fire & I really like it on there so I may just switch over to it for the home computer.

#12 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

Late to the thread, but have you updated your HOSTS file to prevent unwanted ads and sites? Wouldn't be surprised if ad.yieldmanager.com was one of the sites on this HOSTS file:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

EDIT: Yep! Several yieldmanager.com sites blocked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users