16 replies to this topic

#1 Arachne

Arachne

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Anyone else here playing it?

I've been playing MMOs since 1999, and this one really brings me back to the early days, and all the "OOOooooooohhh" that I used to get from exploring and discovering the world. I've been super jaded, in the past five years, but this game makes me feel like a new player again, in the best possible way.

#2 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9418 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Is that why we haven't seen you around much? ::P:

I keed, I keed.

Although, actually, one of my friends showed up one day, we were hanging out, and he said he'd just gotten WoW and was going to try it out later that night. That was four years ago, and nobody's seen him since.

Current Bones Count: Total: awaiting recount    Painted: 134

#3 Arachne

Arachne

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

It's at least part of the reason I haven't been around much, heh. But, that, plus the usual end of summer madness, barbecues, back to school chaos. But yeah, I've been playing a lot in my spare time. New game saturation, where I play till my mouse hand is all crabbed and calloused. It'll fade, soon, though. I'm such a lazy casual gamer.

WoW had that effect on a lot of my friends. I played it too, but I could never devote that much time to anything. The ADD is too strong. I'll play for an hour and wander off to go get into trouble somewhere.

#4 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9418 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

I don't play many games, only because the trend became to make them huge. I bought Forza Motorsport 4 last year, and nobody warned me I was signing up for a whole second (unpaid) job. It's just too much. I want something to play in my off-time, have some fun . . . but most games lately just seem like work disguised as fun. If I wanted to sign up for 400 hours of repetitive, unfulfilling tasks for meagre reward I'd go get a job at the fish plant.

#5 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2483 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'm not easily addicted to computer games. The big three in my life have been Doom, Counter Strike and Lord of the Rings Online. I thought that one was quite well done and it spent a good year or two as one of my main timesinks. I haven't played it in over a year now (I think) though.

I also really liked the Tie Fighter flight sims too, but I can't really say they grabbed me and held my attention for an extended period.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#6 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Eventually I'm gonna get it, just need to get LOTRo's new update Rohan first & such.

GW was the only game where all my characters were female, mainly due to the graphics of that game + if I was gonna have to stare at the backside of character with great graphics as such, heck might as well be female. I'm pretty sure that trend will continue in GW2.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#7 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9418 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I also really liked the Tie Fighter flight sims too, but I can't really say they grabbed me and held my attention for an extended period.

The best part was the sinister figure who kept giving you special missions. "Oh, we're not sure we can trust this Admiral - so you keep an eye out for anything, y'know, fishy."

If Darth Vader had that pilot for a wingman, A New Hope would have had a significantly different ending.

#8 Arachne

Arachne

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Eventually I'm gonna get it, just need to get LOTRo's new update Rohan first & such.

GW was the only game where all my characters were female, mainly due to the graphics of that game + if I was gonna have to stare at the backside of character with great graphics as such, heck might as well be female. I'm pretty sure that trend will continue in GW2.

RM

I never played GW1 (too invested in WoW, for too long) but I can attest. The girls in GW2 are smokin hot.

#9 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4004 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

A few of the Mil-Net guys are running on The Crystal Desert server.

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#10 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1378 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

NCsoft killed City of Heroes, they wont see any of my money going towards GW2

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#11 Chrome

Chrome

The way is forward.

• Members
  • 4004 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

NCsoft killed City of Heroes, they wont see any of my money going towards GW2

So you're saying that those of us who played CAV should never buy another Reaper product?

-Chrome

My personal net worth, however, is measured in tens of dozens of dollars. - ReaperBryan

#12 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

City of Heroes died for me when they introduced the auction house update (yah that long ago). I guess there was something about not having it + the other upgrades that were released around that time as well. CoH holds a place in my heart but even if it wasn't going to the mmo graveyard, I still probably wouldn't log back into it. (kinda like WoW)

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#13 Bumble_B

Bumble_B

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Gates of Madness
Norn Warrior here
Vode An

#14 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

yea, i was a bit sad that CoH is getting shut down... was so amped when i first heard it was coming out, and then at launch... fuhgetaboutit... played for a good 3 years or so... my 6 year old loves making characters now...

I play entirely too many video games, but i work...errr worked (thanks EA) in the gaming industry... definitely slowing down though... all i wanna do is paint... gonna be hell waiting for next year's windfall of minis to hit my doorstep.
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#15 Citrine

Citrine

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Husband talked me into playing Guild Wars 2 this last weekend, so bye bye gobs of free time....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you care to vote for my paintjobs on CMON: http://www.coolminio.../artist/Citrine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users