What is Warlord style of play ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Buy both books and all the factions. Just in case your play style changes or you want to try something new. Or because the models are cool. Or because you have no self control and desperately want it all.
  • joshuaslater, psyberwolfe1, Adrift and 1 other like this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#17 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6430 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'm furiously painting to field another force. Sigh.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#18 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2989 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Ok so I'm going to work on building a coherent force or 3 (thanks to the Bones KS this is going ot be pretty simple).

However it leaves me with a question; does base shape matter?

I have a personal preference for Round bases, but Warlord minis come with square ones. Is this actually going to matter to game play?

Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#19 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5948 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

This is a question that has been asked several times before, and the short answer is yes.

The long answer is that the base shape of a model changes how many base contacts can be achieved. The Warlord points formula for datacards accounts for this as part of the calculations for just how much certain abilities should cost on a model. How much does it matter? It's hard to say, as the costing difference is going to vary depending on exactly what combination of SAs a model has. In most cases, it probably doesn't represent a huge gap, but there are several cases I can think of where the difference would like be great enough to grant a noticeable edge for some models over others.

The bottom line is that if you and your opponent are ok with it, and you never have any intention to play in an official WL tournament, then you could probably base on rounds without too much issue.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#20 fanguad

fanguad

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Is there a description of the factions from the second book somewhere?

#21 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5948 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

There is a very quick description of the Savage North factions in the "Choosing a Warlord army - a quick overview" post on the Reaper Games site.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users