"That Guy"

Completed
Bombshell Miniatures Kickstarter

625 posts in this topic

I think I'll be all set with the Reaper Kickstarter without adding more :;):. I did go take a look though and found it odd they never said what they are made of. I did a find search for 'plastic', 'metal', and 'resin'. Plastic didn't come up at all, metal came up once but only in the 2000$ design your own bases, and resin once with a reference to future products such has bases. I would assume they are metal but found it weird nothing was ever clearly stated.

Thanks for posting this!! Now just to decide what to pledge.

Hmmm, definitely seems that this Kickstarter thing represents a paradigm shift.

It does, I've been watching threads on it from boardgamegeek. There's lots of love but a bit of hate and scepticism as well. Mostly discussion about how kickstarters should and shouldn't be used and by who. If someone is thinking of doing a game related kickstarted I would definitely suggest going over there and combing through the threads and polls about what has and hasn't worked and why. The kickstarter game list that adds game kickstarters is up to 547 boardgames (or very related items). Lots and lots of discussion.

Oh man, the sword maiden looks amazing, but it seems like the info could be better and images of minis from other companies kinda throws me since it doens't look like anything has been sculpted or really started yet for the line.

I will keep my eye on it, but getting a buttload of minis for $100 (even if they are plastic) really makes everything else pale in comparision.

More kickstarter demands on my poor wallet. But, I'm a fan of Pat's stuff, so here goes another KS!

Pat & Tim are good friends & I'm a big fan of both their work. I'll defiantly pledge to this one, soon!!

We'll be watching this one. I want to see more concept art before I commit.

I'd also like to see some of the figures from the Morgan-Keith Studios days make a comeback.

I am hoping the sword maiden is a bit bigger/buffer then the typical female fighter.

I play a 7 foot goliath female barbarian in my D&D game and so far the only mini that came close was a limited edition Cool Mini fighter with a spear that they happen to have at PAX East. She was taller then everyone elses mini so it worked out since she wasn't giant tall, just a little bit taller.

I am hoping this one will be similar in size/build.

1 person likes this

Ok I am in! Love the sculpts and the exclusive is quite a sell.

Will there be more babes? Also tease some stretch goals, it will help rake people in faster! :blush:

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sorcerersapprentice
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to the Live Kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-2-synchable-terrain-400-new-designs?ref=nav_search

Hello - just over 2 weeks away from launch I felt you guys might like to see how the campaign is shaping up, what you can expect, and the avalanche of features involved. Here is a preview of the campaign that is approximately 95% completed with just some art of the core designs left be be added. You may also be pleased to hear that I have committed to over 400 new designs, making Meanders 2 almost seven times larger.

Kind Regards,
      Kris

Visit the Meanders 2 Campaign Preview due to launch Feb 18th on Kickstarter
    • By Reaperbryan
      It's not a Games project, but I'm backing it so I'm spreading the signal.

It's an anthology about Time Travel stories.

This is also not the Author's first project, although I am unfamiliar with her writing. Over 20 authors are involved in this, but I'm not familiar with any of them either.

Still, I'm excited enough to give it a shot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kgrey/singular-irregularity
    • By ForgePrints
      <<<MOD>>>
      Update - This Kickstarter is now live. Link to the project is below:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/foundations-3
      <<<>>>

I wanted to share a preview with everyone of our new Foundations 3 Kickstarter. This is going to be our introduction of Resin products. We are doing all casting in house, we have already purchased all of the Conley Casting equipment, made about half of the production molds as well and all of the master molds.

All of the images in the Kickstarter are from our casts, and represent exactly what you will get minus the paint job. We are pricing this one aggressively to hopefully gain lots of new supporters. If you have the time to check it out, and if you can provide any feedback, criticism, or encouragement it would be greatly appreciated!

Current plans are to launch this by mid next week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/1557219489?token=392b82cd

Thanks!
      Kevin
    • By dsmiles
      Didn't see this one on here yet:

Awakening - Gaming Terrain
      About this project
      AWAKENING is a project for everyone that loves beautiful models and fantasy worlds.
      With your support we want to create the best terrain pieces available on the market. We aim at amazing design, breathtaking details, affordable price - all cast in best quality resin you can find on the market.

We are Awaken Realms - one of the biggest miniature painting studio worldwide, with a team of over 20 talented artists. After thousand of hours working on various models and terrain we know them more then anyone else. We also had a lot of experience with 3D modeling, print and resin cast.

Spatial, unique designs Up to 0,0025 cm detail level Best quality resin Perfect for taking your table to next level Created from community ideas
      3 thematic sets, 3 compelling stories. Unleash your imagination.
      Prices on the grey area shows how much you can save from retail prices after Kickstarter.

Kickstarter is an amazing way not to just sell the product, but to create it with the community. In this project we want to fully exploit this amazing opportunity.
      We would love to hear your ideas on the terrain you would like to have. We will be choosing best ideas from the comments and make a voting on them - then we will create terrain liked the most by the community and add them as a stretch goals!
      You are a part of this project and we hope you will help us fulfill mission of creating best terrain available! How far this project will go depends on you.

We are expecting to fully ship rewards within 6 month, with the first rewards send after 2-3 months. Those estimations can change depending on the amount of unlocked stretch goals and overall interest.
      Quality is our first priority at Awaken Realms. We perfectly understand that to success, we need to provide people who trusted us with great product.
      Below you can find some of the comments by backers from our first Kickstarter project - The Edge (we have shipped over 50% of rewards, currently finishing the production). Although it took a little longer then expected, our backers ended up with more components than initially planned.

We will add full effort to ensure your satisfaction as well!

Shipping prices will be calculated after the Kickstarter, based on the total weight of your order and exact location. It is impossible to do it within Kickstarter, so we will use our pledge manager system after KS.

Whole process of production - from modeling and 3D print to resin cast will be done by Awaken Realms, to ensure the final quality of every single model. No third party company will be involved in the process.

Risks and challenges
      Biggest risk factor is time of delivery of the rewards. Depending on the final size of the project, there can be maximum few months delay. It must be noted, that whole production process will be done in-house, not relaying on third party companies, which makes planning way easier. We also will give full effort in order to meet the deadlines - but in the end, devotion to quality will be always stronger then to keep the time frame.
      (Sorry, folks, took out the animated .gifs.)
    • By Teskal
      Link to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dungeon-saga-the-dwarf-kings-quest?mobile=0

Some postings from the Mantic Forum:
      For me End of July is to early to start with a new KS. :-(If they start it so early, I think I will be part of the KS with only $1+few Addons.
  • Who's Online   57 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)