Photo

How many of you would like to assemble your own bones ?

Bones Kickstarter

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

Poll: How many of you would like to assemble your own bones ? (219 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to assemble your Bones yourself?

1. I would prefer to assemble my Bones myself. (94 votes [42.92%])

Percentage of vote: 42.92%

2. I like Bacon. (17 votes [7.76%])

Percentage of vote: 7.76%

3. I don't have an opinion on this topic but like to push buttons. (15 votes [6.85%])

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

4. My dog buried my Bones. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I would prefer to purchase my Bones preassembled. (24 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

6. Reaper Bryan deserves more Hot Wings. (26 votes [11.87%])

Percentage of vote: 11.87%

7. I would prefer to only assemble larger Bones Models myself. (43 votes [19.63%])

Percentage of vote: 19.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 trystangst

trystangst

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

I got the Vampire box, the big 3, and a giant skeleton. The Big 3 and the giant skeleton came unassembled.

The only things that were not pre-assembled in the vampire box were the griffon and the coffin. I don't know how many things were pre-assembled, because with the exception of the owlbear I haven't noticed any gaps/seams. I say that's a pretty big success.

#122 David Brawley

David Brawley

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

I picked that I'd prefer to assemble them myself, but I also really want some bacon... 

Tower of the Archmage - A mostly D&D focused game blog

Current Bones Count - Total: 19   Painted: 11

#123 kimbers

kimbers

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

While I'd like to assemble them all myself, I get that the point of Bones was to be as pre-assembled as possible. I haven't gotten to any of the glued stuff in my Vampire box except the Eye Beast (which was glued very well but is going to be a pain to paint its mouth) but I don't expect this, or even a bad glue job will put me off.

I think Bones is a product that fills a few different gaps in the hobby/gamer market quite well and their decisions were likely made by looking closely at the market they were targeting. They have satisfied the needs of us hobbyists here for a long time now, its time we share Reaper with those who don't prefer metal, self assembly and/or paint!

#124 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1310 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

I prefer to assemble my own miniatures, but I am a miniatures hobbyist. We, here on the Reaper boards, are a pretty self-selected lot in this regard.

I'm actually pretty happy with the breakdown we got with the KS. The small miniatures that are relatively easy to paint after assembly are pre-glued, but the giant monsters like C'thulu and Kaladrax are in multiple parts, making for easier cleanup, conversion and paint. (I voted for bacon because... Bacon!)

I accept that the broader market wants more of a table-ready product. Bones are targeted at mass production, not the specialty hobby market. I am psyched that Kickstarter has brought us both.

RCon 2012 shark aviation engineer

Miniatures Blog

#125 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9296 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yeah, I still get all the reasons for doing it.  Well, at least with the original batch.  I'm just wondering if now, with some 200 SKUs, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

But it might be more that only some (like the eye beast and faceless horror) should not be pre-assembled, but most of the rest could. 

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#126 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I think at this point I've changed my opinion.  when I first voted on this last year I said I'd rather buy Bones pre-assembled.  But now I'd rather assemble them myself, as long as there are only a few easy to assemble pieces (which is true of all or most Bones so far).  I'd rather make sure myself that the pieces are well-fitted together before they are glued rather than having to accept gaps in the joints or having to disassemble and then re-assemble.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bones Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users