There are two categories this time around both requiring the basic theme that it should feel halloweenish. We're not going to define exactly what that is but if you have a question please ask below:
Diorama: If you've never made one of these before a basic description is "A three-dimensional miniature or life-size scene in which figures, stuffed wildlife, or other objects are arranged in a naturalistic setting " This should tell the viewer some type of story though what you've created.
Single Figure Decorative base: This is a much looser category but still need to fit the theme outlined above. By decorative we mean more then your usual base and something that could be as fancy as what you'd see on a diorama but smaller in scope.
Prizes (each category):
1st--$50 reaper online gift card
2nd--$25 reaper online gift card
3st--$15 reaper online gift card
- All entries must be made by Reaper.
- Entries must be in by October 31st at 11:59 pm MST
- Enter as many times as you want but only one entry per person per category can make it to the final voting round.
- Each entry needs to be uploaded to the appropriate thread. Please attach your entries using the forum uploading feature or hotlink from the Inspiration Gallery. We want to make sure they're visible at all times.
- You may submit between one and four images of each entry. They do not need to be stitched into a single image file.
- Diorama entries should have between two and six images. (If you can catch it all in just one picture, is it REALLY a diorama?)
- Digital enhancement ("Photoshopping") of your entry is strictly prohibited.
- No clone brush, healing brush, airbrush, or other brush work. Fix your paint with paint, not with Photoshop.
- No adding or removing background elements from the image
- If you add a logo or a watermark Reaper cannot use your image in their gallery. Note that if your image is selected for the Reaper gallery, you will be credited by name under the image.
- Cropping, global color balance, and global level adjustments are allowed ("global" means "the entire image." You may not "pop" colors by only selecting some areas for level adjustment.
- You are allowed to enter miniatures and dioramas that will also be entered into other contests that might overlap ours.
- We are not going to police your entries as to when they were started\finished. We hope that people would paint something for this contest and not just enter something they finished a while ago as this is a fun and friendly contest.
- The judges or Reaper reserves the right to remove entries if deemed inappropriate, but we're pretty laid back here and this is just to cover our butts.
- The judges and Reaper can clarify and amend rules at will.
- You do not have to use Reaper produced stuff for your bits for basing or in the Diorama.
- We will be trying out a different voting system this time around and will post more details about it as we get closer, however, the following is what the judges will be looking at.
3. Painting skill
5. Basing\Diorama composition quality