Need cheap nude petite female minis

Pally

I need to make a little woodland scene consisting of 4+ fairies, but it's for someone who may end up dropping it or something. It would be preferable to buy some petite nudies from Reaper's new Bones line but.. well.. apparently Reaper has something against making completely nude petite models. Anyone know of a good alternative? Maybe some obscure plastic minis that I wouldn't normally think of. They can be anywhere from 25mm to 100mm or whatever, as long as they're cheap ($3 or less), nude (or at least all natural, like a dryad partially covered with leaves), and petite (IMO fairies would be sleek and tiny, like most flying animals).

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas, I can't think of anything Reaper, but one thought that springs to mind is that you might check out some of the online retailers who sell HeroClix minis as singles rather than just by the box. I'm not sure what you mean by "petite," but several of these figures would probably pass for fairies if you added some wings and repainted them. With how often those superheroes are in "spandex," form-wise they're nearly nude, but with "clothes" painted on more-or-less.

http://www.reapermin...#detail/02741_G

Not cheap, but you can pick and choose what you need out of the boneyard and one of them is nude.

ETA: Although if you have to pay shipping from another source, then tacking these onto another reaper order for free shipping would probably be about the same.

Reaper has a couple of dryads, too.

Ironwind has a selection of 25mm nude slaves, but IMO they're not great sculpts.

Hasslefree has some very nice nudes and their pieces are all on the small side, but with shipping and currency conversion it may not be what you call "cheap".

• Like 1

Try finding some of Preiser's 'Adam and Eve' figures, they're multi-part plastic male and female nudes, available in a variety of scales as a 'starting point' for modellers.

In themselves, they're not that cheap. But since you'll probably be able to build a number of figures from the components supplied it would probably work out better than ordering specific metal models, possibly from more than one source..

Bronze Age Miniatures Dead Earth Harem Queens (NSFW) are about the highest quality you'll find while still qualifying as cheap, but they may not be petite enough (or nude enough). Cool Mini Or Not has some very nice nudes, but they're more spendy. I think Hasslefree has some as well, but again, not cheap (not super expensive either, but not discount prices). Going the other way, you could look through Ground Zero Games Adult Collection (NSFW), which are dirt cheap but rather poor quality.

Hasslefree has some beautiful nude minis, but they are not as cheap as you are asking for. On the other hand, you are asking for minis at roughly half retail price.

If you are willing to pay 50% to 100% more (and that's still not much) I'd recommend Hasslefree.

Shadowforge ( http://www.shadowforge.com.au ) have a fair range of female minis ranging from nude to fully clothed. Most of them are about double the price you're looking for though.

Eureka Miniatures ( http://eurekamin.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=nude&x=0&y=0 ) have several nude minis listed in that price range, but most don't have pics. (BTW, Eureka are handling Shadowforge these days so there might be some duplication between these two links)