• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1198 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Here is my interpretation of Boris the Evil Fighter sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I converted it, repositioning his gladius upwards and adding some hair on is bald head. His left arm was also slightly repositioned frontward to receive a Death Knight shield on which I added the two smaller horns.

I decided to call him Eusebe the Sturdy in homage to an elderly neighbour who turned 98 years old lately.

I painted the armor and shield using brass metallic color and a mix of blue and silver over a black primer.

Comments and critics are very welcome.

02938 Boris Evil Fighter 30.jpg

02938 Boris Evil Fighter 31.jpg

02938 Boris Evil Fighter 32.jpg

02938 Boris Evil Fighter 33.jpg

Edited by Metalchaos, 14 April 2013 - 10:55 AM.

• cookjimjr and Kuro Cleanbrush like this

#2 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Really nice! I love what you did with the shield, and the silver/blue armor turned out exceedingly well.
  • Metalchaos likes this

#3 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1198 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks Atramagus! I’ve very happy with how the bluish armor turned out. It’s always tricky to try new things but now that I’ve tried it a couple of times, I think adding silver to any color is a very good trick.

#4 cookjimjr

cookjimjr

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 800 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Great! I really like what you did with the Armor. The addition of the hair is cool, but kind of looks like a Toupee though.
  • Metalchaos likes this

#5 Hellcow

Hellcow

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Great! I really like what you did with the Armor. The addition of the hair is cool, but kind of looks like a Toupee though.

Y'know what? I think i like it even more now!

The cloak is what really 'sold' this mini for me - the dirty fringe is just beautiful. Added to the really great shading work on the entire mini and excellent colour choices and this is top quality work - very well done!
  • Metalchaos likes this
Every society rests on a barbarian base. The people who don't understand civilization and wouldn't like it if they did. The hitchhikers. The people who create nothing and don't appreciate what others have created for them. Who think civilization is just something that just exists and all they need do is enjoy what they understand of it - luxuries, a high standard of living and easy work for high pay. Responsibilities? Phooey! What do they have government for? - Space Viking H. Beam Piper

#6 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1930 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Excellent work! Nice blending, good color choices. The only thing I don't like is the sword, but that's a sculpt issue and is nothing to do with your paint work.
  • Metalchaos likes this

#7 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1198 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the feedbacks. I'm now working on Boris Mingle its brother in arms.
I hope to have the time to make a Halloween diorama featuring them.

#8 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4649 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

I agree with Adrift on the sword, just looks weird. The blues on him are great and despite what others say I think the hair improves the miniature.
  • Adrift likes this

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#9 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1198 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Personally I like the sword as is. The only thing I see which can looks strange is the fact that the two horns are not symmetrical. But then, they come from a chaotic goat head.

About the head, it's always strange to see someone with a wig for the first time. Be ready for the shock, my next mini also wears a toupee.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sword, Shield, Fighter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users