• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Furongian

Furongian

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

See this great site for info on the Nightmares line (and other old minis): http://www.miniature...%28Grenadier%29

Cool, thanks for the link. I have most of the renamed Call of Cthulhu monsters and adventurers; I was an avid collector of this line and managed to get almost everything. I probably ought to get around to painting them one of these days. ^_^

#17 Furongian

Furongian

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Never even realized you could paint static grass. It has always been something I've done AFTER I've sealed the mini and considered it "painted". Are there any good static grass articles out there I've missed?

This has never occurred to me, either. Now I'm going to have to try experimenting with painting grass.

#18 dks

dks

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1034 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

Never even realized you could paint static grass. It has always been something I've done AFTER I've sealed the mini and considered it "painted". Are there any good static grass articles out there I've missed?

Indeed, now it's time for you to consider the painting of the grass as part of the overall mini-painting experience. :;):
This article by Necromancer Tales Miniatures (Necrotales) has a lot about basing, with Static Grass being the first on the list; it mentions drybrushing the grass after the glue has dried. I forget how I found out about the article, but I think it was Laszlo J. (@Hot Lead) who mentioned it in another Forum post, and I bookmarked the article. There may be other articles about static grass, but I just don't know them.

This has never occurred to me, either. Now I'm going to have to try experimenting with painting grass.

Yeah, give it a shot! You can try some different effects by highlighting green static grass with light yellow-green, pale yellow, a more grayish green, pale blue, or even odder colors. Enjoy!

If you search my figures in the Inspiration Gallery, you'll see painted static grass (highlighted with various colors) on a lot of them.

Anyway, from the original topic, @ThornDJL7 ... good luck with your undead minis and their dead grass!

Derek (Schubert)

#19 Furongian

Furongian

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the link, Derek! I found the tutorial on field grass really helpful. I use Woodland Scenics field grass, but have had a devil of a time attaching it to bases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users