• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 urloony

urloony

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

I’m pretty new to the forums so I’m not sure of this topic has been discussed before. I did a cursory search and didn’t find it.

Has Reaper ever considered a subscription based miniatures club? A user could pay a monthly subscription for $25, $35, etc. and select miniatures to receive each month, perhaps with either a discount or bonus miniature for members. Each month members could receive an email reminder to choose their mini’s and add them to a “subscriber’s cart.” Maybe a Netflix-like queue, where you can add dozens of mini’s and prioritize them to ship, then the minis equating to their particular subscription amount would be shipped each month. Certainly there would be many logistical issues to work out, but perhaps worth considering.

#2 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9280 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

It's not something we are planning on launching in the immediate future.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#3 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7244 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

There were still a couple Canada/US 'all reaper metal for a year' pledge goals at the end of the KS, might look for that in the pledge manager. No selection, just the shotgun blast of madness.
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#4 DrakeSpirit

DrakeSpirit

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

ohhhh, if you read between the lines it sounds like its something they have discussed, and are still kicking around, once the kickstarter hullabloo settles down
I kept wondering why then frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me

#5 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9280 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

ohhhh, if you read between the lines it sounds like its something they have discussed, and are still kicking around, once the kickstarter hullabloo settles down

Managing the "all minis for a year" from the Kickstarter will give us a good indication if it is a road we want to consider.

By the end of that the infrastructure should be in place, it's a question of us determining if that was a strong point or one of our weaknesses.
  • CashWiley likes this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#6 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3242 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

I've belonged to miniatures clubs before. Each one has died within a year or so.

I blame myself.

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#7 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2025 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

It's ok Doc, we're here for you. :grr:

#8 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11288 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's ok Doc, we're here for you. :grr:

Noooooo . . . that's probably what happened to the others!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

#9 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7244 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

To continue in my tradition of pestering Bryan about MfaY releases; The Dark Maiden: yay or nay?

To properly continue this tradition, Matt should give the wrong answer first :)
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#10 DrakeSpirit

DrakeSpirit

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

I would be interested in something like that . . . . in about 10 years after I get all my kickstarter minis painted
I kept wondering why then frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me

#11 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

... I vote no. I've spent a lot of money already, and don't need a monthly subscription tempting me ^_~

Seriously, though, it is something I *might* be interested in down the road, depending on how variable the choices are.

#12 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14520 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I prefer my quarterly massive purchase.
  • Adrift likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#13 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I can already get most Reaper minis at a discount if I choose carefully where I shop, and with that I only buy the ones I'm interested in. I'm not sure I'd want to sign up for a subscription where I'm committed to X minis per month...even if I don't like the sculpts that came out in a particular month.

2014 Stats: 22 painted, 21 purchased. 22/2 - 21 = -10

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#14 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2025 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm indifferent to this idea only in that I'd give it a try and make a decision then.

#15 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Bones Supporter
  • 1881 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

To continue in my tradition of pestering Bryan about MfaY releases; The Dark Maiden: yay or nay?

To properly continue this tradition, Matt should give the wrong answer first :)

Considering Reaper hasn't got the Pledge Manager out yet, which means they don't have any info to send the MfaY releases to, I don't think we will get the Dark Maiden. Wasn't it just released?

"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users