Club Reaper

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15009 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Doesn't mean it won't be included. Probably be a monthly shipping anyway just to save on overhead. So if they started in Sept...you'd get her.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#17 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7403 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I don't expect it to be included in this year's haul, I wonder where the cutoff is. I would expect that one to make the cut, but something like the Kraken wouldn't (per previous clarification discussion during the KS).

I LOVE the random nature of getting every release. It's bananas, but I'll have to stop reading the releases so it's a surprise in the mail. I vacillate on whether I'm more excited about the double Vamp or the Year.
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#18 Shogan

Shogan

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

I would defiantely be interested in this. Either getting to choose or random. I didn't know such a thing existed, are there currently ones out there? If so where?

#19 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15009 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Paizo has one with Pathfinder. I get each new Pathfinder book/game accessory) when it is released. at retail cost + shipping. I then get a pdf copy of the book for free, and free updates to my pdfs.

It would probably be like any other subscription service. You pay for the product (and usually get either a small discount or an extra perk) and it gets shipped to you when it is available. You are not charged until the items are shipped.

I could see something similar working for Reaper: Subscribe to DHL, Warlord, Chronoscope, Master Series, Bones, LE or one of the licensed lines. Each month receive a package with all the releases in that line for the month. If it was every release cycle it seems like a lot of extra shipping for a wait of 2 weeks.

Maybe as a perk get first access to LE figures. Small discounts on the figures. Get them shipped when miniatures are released to distributors vs being available for retail, etc.

It could be viable (apparently so long as Doc does not get involved :devil:) and a way for them to guarantee income. It wouldn't be much different from someone placing a monthly order for the new releases, it would just entail some sort of automated order generation. Seems like it would be great for retailers (if there isn't already some sort of mechanic in place for them).

Personally, it's not something I would be interested in. There are enough figures I am not a huge fan of that I would rather pick and choose the models I want. And I don't always have the money to place the order each month. Maybe back when I was unmarried, without kids and without a mortgage and car payments it would be something I would consider. Now, there would have to be some huge perks to make it worth my while. And a long hiatus from people doing Kickstarters for figures I want.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#20 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6494 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't see as a viable alternative for miniatures, the monthly shipping costs would eat you alive and if you factor shipping into the price of the subscription I think you would push the price to high for people to be interested. I, for one, wouldn't be interested but I'm sure there would be people that are.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#21 urloony

urloony

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

I would defiantely be interested in this. Either getting to choose or random. I didn't know such a thing existed, are there currently ones out there? If so where?

I didn't realize that Paizo had a subscription program either. After hearing it explained I'm not sure I'm interested in that particular method.

Personally, it's not something I would be interested in. There are enough figures I am not a huge fan of that I would rather pick and choose the models I want.

I don't like not being able to choose either. If a subscription program was implemented, Reaper would gain a regular revenue from monthly subscribers and subscribers would receive a monthly allotment of their chosen miniatures with perhaps a discount or other perk. It's a win/win. The only random aspect, if any I might enjoy, would be a random mini enclosed in a monthly package. Going with random mini's for the whole program would defeat the purpose.

I don't see as a viable alternative for miniatures, the monthly shipping costs would eat you alive and if you factor shipping into the price of the subscription I think you would push the price to high for people to be interested. I, for one, wouldn't be interested but I'm sure there would be people that are.

Reaper offers free shipping for purchases $25 and over. If subscriptions start at $25, shipping wouldn't be an issue.

#22 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10284 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I think they mean "random" as in, let the consumer select 4 of the month's 16 models, not "let reaper select 4 of 16"

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#23 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1231 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

I belong to a wine club (well, actually several wine clubs - don't judge me!) and I get 2 bottles of wine shipped to me to try and enjoy. I find it gets me to try new things while leaving my normal comfort zone.

I never thought of this concept with a miniature company before but it isn't that far fetched an idea. If it was approached from the angle of a painting club, where we get a set group of figures and perhaps some back up literature on a painting technique we will be focusing on, it could be a fun.

#24 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6494 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yes, Reaper offers free shipping for orders over $25. However, a subscription service would be an entirely different story on the shipping end. I have no idea how many Reaper orders are shipped out on a daily basis but if you were to send 200+ packages at the end of the month at what might already be a discounted price, shipping could very well become an issue.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#25 urloony

urloony

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Yes, Reaper offers free shipping for orders over $25. However, a subscription service would be an entirely different story on the shipping end. I have no idea how many Reaper orders are shipped out on a daily basis but if you were to send 200+ packages at the end of the month at what might already be a discounted price, shipping could very well become an issue.

Certainly neither of us knows the details regarding how reaper handles their shipping. However, I seriously doubt they are losing money offering free shipping at $25 orders. Whether it's 50 orders a day or 2000. My hunch is that their shipping costs are built into the MSRP.

I belong to a wine club (well, actually several wine clubs - don't judge me!) and I get 2 bottles of wine shipped to me to try and enjoy. I find it gets me to try new things while leaving my normal comfort zone.

I never thought of this concept with a miniature company before but it isn't that far fetched an idea. If it was approached from the angle of a painting club, where we get a set group of figures and perhaps some back up literature on a painting technique we will be focusing on, it could be a fun.

I like this idea, perhaps a mini of the month or painting technique of the month.

#26 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7403 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I think they mean "random" as in, let the consumer select 4 of the month's 16 models, not "let reaper select 4 of 16"

Sorry, I coined the random thing, I think. I was referring to the nature of the KS pledge level not a future subscription service. As in, "look at this Lacy O'Malley I got in this month's haul, I never would've bought it as a single, but I can't wait to paint it for variety!"

As 4 of 16 where I /didn't/ get The Dark Maiden, yeah I'd be disappointed. But as 16 of 16 where it's a mishmash of genres and styles? AWESOME.

Ok, I'll shaddap about the KS thing now as it's confusing matters a bit :devil:
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users