• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JackMann

JackMann

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1246 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

He's nearly done, but there are a few more things to do before I'm truly finished. I'll need to actually base him, and I may redo some bits to add some highlights and shading. Still, for a quick and dirty job, I think he came out pretty well.

Posted Image

I call him Tybalt. Right now, he's just on the very basic round metal base they all come with. I'm probably going to make him my first attempt at removing a figure from that base and rebasing him. I've never actually created a base, so this will be... interesting. But there's no hurry. I'll probably do some more experiments with that before jumping straight into it. At the least, he looks pretty easy to remove from that base.

Posted Image

Why yes, Mercutio, he will walk. I may or may add some more detail to the rats. They're pretty tiny, though. I may just try to give them some more texture. Drybrush some gray on them, maybe. I may add another coat or two of Walnut Brown to the shoes, and then a few highlights here and there.

Posted Image

Hmm, I now notice I forgot the buttons on his purse. Not sure if I'll give them a metallic. He's poor, so I might just mix some Intense Brown with some Walnut Brown and make them wooden buttons.

Posted Image

I'm definitely going to add some more highlights to the tunic and the pants. The mantle I think looks pretty good as it is, with the earthshade on it. I'm also pretty happy with the leg wraps. The bag will be entirely redone. I went with tanned skin, with some earthshade over it, but now I think I'm going to try to make it more leathery.

#2 smokingwreckage

smokingwreckage

Gawdlike!!

• Bones Supporter
  • 9647 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Very characterful, by which I mean HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT DUDE'S NOSE.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

#3 Darknight

Darknight

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

That is a lovely sculpt, and wonderfully painted. I like it a lot.

#4 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1930 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

I don't know if it's the lighting or the color you chose but when I first glanced at the photos and the surprised look on his face it appeared to me that he was turning into metal from the base upward and as though his feet were already 'metalized'.

#5 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Very characterful, by which I mean HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT DUDE'S NOSE.

Yeah, but he's no Cyrano...

#6 JackMann

JackMann

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1246 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:48 PM

All right, done my first attempt at basing. I was convinced not to try removing the base at this point (since he's already painted, and it would be difficult to do so without damaging the paint job), so I just covered it all with flocking and hoped for the best.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That takes care of the base. Next, I'll fix up his shirt and pants a touch, and redo that bag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users