17 replies to this topic

#16 dks

dks

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1044 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Good work.
And when you paint it, it will look just fine.
For your next weapon, you might refine the design of the hilt (so it meets the blade in a more intricate "elven" shape) and/or pommel (use your sculpting tools to cut the shape of an "inset gem", a ring of contrasting material, a stylized animal head, etc.), maybe add texture to the grip (such as wire or leather wrapping).
The hilt does look a bit long, but it is clearly a weapon for 2 hands, and the extra length should give the wielder better balance and control of the blade.

Derek

#17 Loim

Loim

Sir Stupidly Special

• Bones Supporter
  • 2953 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

The hilt was intentionally long, I got inspiration for it from the blades the elves used at the beginning of The Fellowship of the Ring movie. I wanted to put some more detail on the hilt, but unfortunately I still have some problems with greenstuff.

En Taro Tassadar, Executor. - Artanis

In the house of upside down

Cellar's top floor, attic's ground

Laughing cries, and smiles frown

Found is lost, and lost is found

SHAZAM! 

#18 King of Daveness

King of Daveness

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Very nice blade so far- keep it going! Dont forget to give her a scabbard big enough.

Big props to Derek too- while we have you do you have any advice to attaching a finished sword to a wire armature for delicate handed minis? I tried hammering the wire flat and folding it around the handle (hard to ensure wire does not dictate fingers), and wrapping thin jewellry wire around handle and glueing it to forearm (wrist not strong enough). Neither great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users