I recently painted the Ravenloft set as well. What I ended up doing for the Burning Skeletons was using brush on primer for the bones section. then painted them a creme color and a basic texture paint for the base.
I then used quick-shade strong tone to dip them and after it was dried for about 48hrs dull coated them.(I think Dark tone would be better but didn't have any)
They turned out well with the dip shading the transparent flames without losing the translucence. I preferred the dull-coat to having them shiny afterwards
I took a picture with a white/blue Led behind one, and a Red Led behind another as well as one with ambient lighting
Wow! Those looked good before, but the LEDs transform them into amazing. You did a fabulous job.