• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Serenity

Serenity

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

Check out WAMP's latest miniatures painting contest, sponsored by Reaper. See the details here.

WAMP has contests throughout the year sponsored by many different manufacturers (Soda Pop and Hasslefree are in progress, too). I believe this is the first time they've gotten Reaper to sponsor one. You can paint anything Reaper for the contest.

WAMP's contests usually get a good number of beautifully painted figures, making them great challenges. Look at some of the contest galleries at WAMP to get an idea. This contest will be judged by public vote, so you can contribute in that way even if you don't want to enter.
  • Darklord likes this

Serenity
All I want is to have my peace of mind.(Boston)

Time and time again I've thanked them for a peace of mind.(The Outlaws, Green Grass and High Tides)

#2 Shane

Shane

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for posting this :) It promises to be a great contest.
Posted Image

#3 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2487 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Do the winners retain their artwork?

#4 CreganTur

CreganTur

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

It's an online only compitition. You take a photo or make a montage of your miniature form different angles and post it to the WAMP gallery under the correct section. People vote on the pics and the winner(s) get the prizes.

So, yes, you retain your artwork.
  • Shane likes this
Looking for display bases? Beautifully turned display bases available here!

WAMP (Wargames and Miniatures Paradise)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

#5 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2487 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Thanks! I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be needing to mail it off or anything; I'm not saying that I'd win or anything, I just know that at some competitions (like Gen Con?) you don't get to retain your own work if you win..or something like that.

#6 salyvan

salyvan

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Neat-O!! Looks like Oct and Nov are going to be busy months!

#7 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1211 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Great! Thanks for sharing.

#8 themudhead

themudhead

Instigator

• GM
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

They're just trolling for members.

;)
Single curmudgeon with own brush and paint seeks only aesthetically pleasing models for base coating, high lights, shadowing, and more. Will strip if necessary. Are you primed? PM me now.

#9 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1893 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks! I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be needing to mail it off or anything; I'm not saying that I'd win or anything, I just know that at some competitions (like Gen Con?) you don't get to retain your own work if you win..or something like that.

Gen Con (and Origins, btw) is not like that. In fact, I have never hear of any painting competition like that. Some sponsors will take photos for their advertising, and they retain the publishing rights to the photos. Online contests do it this way, too. Manufacturers occasionally make offers to purchase models from winners after a contest closes. Contest with a sculpting category may include production rights for the sponsor, but that's stated in the rules and usually part of the prize package.

New Blog!  Grey Wolf Studio

eBay

#10 Nameless

Nameless

Godlike

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

I've never heard of such a contest, either online or "true", to be honest. Sometimes organisers/sponsors reserve the right to use pics for their purposes (publishing them in their stores or ads), I believe this is the case at WAMP.

banner_reaper.jpg

My minis -  Nameless Painter Blog / Chest of Colors gallery

------------------------------------------

Available for commissions

#11 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2487 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

Gen Con (and Origins, btw) is not like that. In fact, I have never hear of any painting competition like that. Some sponsors will take photos for their advertising, and they retain the publishing rights to the photos. Online contests do it this way, too. Manufacturers occasionally make offers to purchase models from winners after a contest closes. Contest with a sculpting category may include production rights for the sponsor, but that's stated in the rules and usually part of the prize package.

My bad, I must have misread something somewhere. I'm glad to know!

#12 Darklord

Darklord

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

They're just trolling for members.

;)

care to expand on that?

Just to clarify we make no claims over a persons entries except we are granted permission to use pictures submitted for our own purposes. Namely to be shown in the gallery and in Portal magazine (in fact the winner will feature on the front cover). As author you retain ownership and of course keep your model!

It's free to enter and you can enter as many times as you like and Wamp is a really friendly place (we have plenty of Reaper folks over there already) would be great to see some new faces and more importantly your lovely painted minis!

#13 themudhead

themudhead

Instigator

• GM
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

care to expand on that?

Just to clarify we make no claims over a persons entries except we are granted permission to use pictures submitted for our own purposes. Namely to be shown in the gallery and in Portal magazine (in fact the winner will feature on the front cover). As author you retain ownership and of course keep your model!

It's free to enter and you can enter as many times as you like and Wamp is a really friendly place (we have plenty of Reaper folks over there already) would be great to see some new faces and more importantly your lovely painted minis!

Rule number one, you have to be a member of wamp to enter. Rule number 7, public vote. This all means that popular wamp persons have an advantage.
Thanks but, no thanks. Good luck to all who choose to enter.
Single curmudgeon with own brush and paint seeks only aesthetically pleasing models for base coating, high lights, shadowing, and more. Will strip if necessary. Are you primed? PM me now.

#14 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2487 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Rule number one, you have to be a member of wamp to enter. Rule number 7, public vote. This all means that popular wamp persons have an advantage.
Thanks but, no thanks. Good luck to all who choose to enter.

I had considered that as well. I mean, great work will always be appreciated, but I just didn't feel like I'd have a chance against members with whom 'voters' had familiarity.

#15 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1211 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

@themudhead & Adrift

Well, then lets participate for the fun of it, for the pure pleasure of painting and sharing our hobby.
I don’t need any contest to tell me you guys are both gifted painters.
I’ll do my best to join the contest and I hope to see you participate too.

For Reaperrrrrrr! “He thundered, breaking is brush in his clenched fist”.
  • buglips*the*goblin and Adrift like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users