• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

So having found some Tangerine Goblin Skin in my Ral Partha paints, I decided to try some out. I started two gobbers while waiting for my still MIA Ogre, and not knowing how much time I had before The Big Guy showed up I decided to focus on one and finish him.

So he's out of the Ral Partha TSR AD&D line, and here he is:

tangergob01.jpg
  • evergrin, badocter, Teskal and 2 others like this
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#2 Goblyn

Goblyn

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

orange?

his mother must be a kobold :lol:

#3 cookjimjr

cookjimjr

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Great Work! A goblin that has been out in the sun too long. Very nice idea.

#4 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

orange?

Tangerine. And laugh all you want, but it's an Official AD&D Paint Color.

So really, the rest of you have been painting your goblins wrong. Now if I can get my greedy goblin gloves on the remaining stocks of these 20+ year old paints, none of you will ever be able to paint goblins the official color again!

Mwa ha ha ha ha! Now the full horror of my villainous scheme is revealed! Tremble, tremble at the fruits of my diabolic plan!

Or just paint yours green. Could do that too, I guess.
  • estrus, Teskal, ub3r_n3rd and 1 other like this
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#5 Sanael

Sanael

God among Kender and Kobolds

• Bones Supporter
  • 2352 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Awww, nertz. Buglips got all the Tangerine paint!

Now my goblins are just the pits.

Index of my Show-Off minis.

WiP threads:
My Legion of Everblight. Painted: 54 points, 2 Warlocks. Owned: 157 points, 3 Warlocks.

Odd Animals WiP. RP Couatl, DSM Frog Prince, GW/Marauder/Necromunda Milliasaur
Mice & Mystics

Why yes, that is a Kaladrax on my shoulder. Why do you ask?

#6 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2577 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

I like the skintone buglips, and I'm glad to see you painting!
  • buglips*the*goblin likes this

#7 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

This forum really invigorated my painting. I'd gone six or seven months before I happend upon the kickstarter thread and I just didn't feel the vibe. Now I want to paint everything!
  • evergrin, Adrift, CashWiley and 2 others like this
Powered by Frapp Fuel

#8 Nameless

Nameless

Godlike

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

I always love it when someone steps out of the line and changes the "Official" paint scheme - red ultramarines, black paladins of light, tangerine goblins...
It makes me think - it's your mini, your imagination, your vision....
Well done sir, your orange tangerine goblin is so cool :)
  • buglips*the*goblin likes this

banner_reaper.jpg

My minis -  Nameless Painter Blog / Chest of Colors gallery

------------------------------------------

Available for commissions

#9 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6610 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

Nicely done.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#10 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 12353 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

I always love it when someone steps out of the line and changes the "Official" paint scheme - red ultramarines, black paladins of light, tangerine goblins...
It makes me think - it's your mini, your imagination, your vision....
Well done sir, your orange tangerine goblin is so cool :)

But I didn't change the official paint scheme. That's what I'm sayin. This is the official paint scheme! Ral Partha Paints AD&D 77-768 Goblin Flesh Tangerine. There are no other goblin colours listed. So if Drow Flesh is what drows look like, and Behir Blue is what they look like - then Goblins were intended to be this colour. Painting them any other colour is changing the official paint scheme.

Has your mind turned inside-out yet?