6 replies to this topic

#1 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4385 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Heya Folks!

Okay so I wanted to throw out a challenge to you all to come up with useful ways of utlizing the rats that are coming as part of the Dungeon Pack. I noticed that several people are trading or selling them. Why? They are so useful! For example (and I apologize now for the 40k reference on this forum):

Mortor or Missile Launcher Heavy Weapons Teams
No, seriously! Do up a 'Rat Handler' modeled with a control stick from the Sentinal pilot's arm and greenstuff some straps on the rats to attach whatever kind of ammo you need to fit the bill. Picture a giant rat with a dozen frag grenades duct taped all over it!

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#2 cloudshaper2k

cloudshaper2k

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

I was planning on converting some of them into Borogroves for my Wonderland diorama.
  • Girot likes this

#3 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2187 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

How can people not want rats?! They are suited to almost every possible campaign world, and are non-intimidating figures for more novice painters.

#4 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

im contemplating adding them to my fallen army attached with void grenades. thank you for the idea Girot
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#5 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1347 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'm envisioning Rat-Onna-Stick, a Morporkian delicacy. I'd love to do a diorama with goblins and others eating the rats.

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#6 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 711 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

I was planning on converting some of them into Borogroves for my Wonderland diorama.

I was thinking of following Froggy the Great's lead and turning some rats into Slithy Toves: (http://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/38)

Posted Image

I guess I could see Borogoves, too -- stick them on some stilt legs, use a bit of putty, paint up their noses as beaks?

#7 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4385 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Nice! I had another idea: do up a couple on a 'swarm base' and they can be used for a number of varieties of rat. In this particular case I was thinking about drilling big holes in them and then greenstuffing some gore and infectious yuck. Could be an alternative to Nurglings...

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users