Girot

Live Painting Tutorial For Newbs

61 posts in this topic

I was considering doing a live painting workshop for beginners via Skype.

There would be some preliminary steps that would be necessary for participants to follow along with me but I can do a video for that and post it via YouTube so there would be instruction for that too.

If there is sufficient interest I will start the planning process and start posting updates here in this thread.

Feel free to check out my work: http://girot.deviantart.com/ to get an idea of my skill level. I’m no Golden Daemon winner but I’ve been at this a long time, lol.

Questions and comments are most welcome.

2 people like this

You could do this a a G+ Hangout and invite a bunch of people that way. I think it's a great idea, especially as a new painter myself I've been devouring every piece of advice I can get my hands on to try to understand the nuances associated with painting so that by the time my Bones get to my front door I'm good enough to be proud of what I put on the table in front of my friends.

Exactly why I'm offering to give this a try. I've seen dozends of folks mention that they're new, or dreadfullly out of practice, at painting miniatures. I remember what that was like and I hope that I can cover some simple but effective techniques that will provide satisfying results quickley and safely.

I'll mess around with G+ Hangout and see if I can figure out how to use it.

Okay so we are totally doing ONE Reaper mini for this little expirement, right? This would work well if we were all painting the same thing, at the same time, so we can all learn from our mistakes as we go. I'm good with doing up a curent Bones or a metal figure. I'll let you guys decide. Once we're settled I'll order/pickup mine.

If Bones I'd vote the Dwarf or Male human warrior.

If metal.... My taste runs to Chronoscope figures but I'm flexible. I'd prefer a human(oid) figure as thats what I've been working on.

I'd never be able to pull something like this off. Oh, it'd start out with the best of intentions. Things always do.

It'd be:

"Painting with Buglips"

And then after the first 10 minutes, it would be:

"Painting with Mastering Creative Profanity with Buglips"

7 people like this

Unless it's going to be a 72 hour session, I think I'll pass (I paint veeeeeery slooooooowly).

I would totally be down for this as long as its on a saturday

Maybe in November? That way we have time to decide on a piece and all of us get it...
2 people like this

A Saturday in November it is!

For those of you who paint super slowly you are still quite welcome to join in and take notes, cheer us on, heckle Buglips until he spontaneously combusts, etc. ::P:

I'm down for the Creative Profanity session! I was a Sailor for 10 years and challenge you to try and offend me. :devil:

I would be interested depending on schedule and all that. Either way, make sure and record it so that you can post it on Youtube for others to watch later.

1 person likes this

If Bones I'd vote the Dwarf or Male human warrior.

If metal.... My taste runs to Chronoscope figures but I'm flexible. I'd prefer a human(oid) figure as thats what I've been working on.

If we did Chronoscope I'd say we should go with the mascot from that line. I've wanted to paint one of her for ages.