• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

I was considering doing a live painting workshop for beginners via Skype.

There would be some preliminary steps that would be necessary for participants to follow along with me but I can do a video for that and post it via YouTube so there would be instruction for that too.

If there is sufficient interest I will start the planning process and start posting updates here in this thread.

Feel free to check out my work: http://girot.deviantart.com/ to get an idea of my skill level. I’m no Golden Daemon winner but I’ve been at this a long time, lol.

Questions and comments are most welcome.
  • DrakeSpirit and ub3r_n3rd like this
Active Events: Lysette | Dragons 2013 | Bad Boys | TMBG 2014 | WX14 | RC Songs |
Click this link to my gallery! I need the hits! ::P: | 2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 23

#2 ub3r_n3rd

ub3r_n3rd

Master of the Threadjack

• Members
  • 5183 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

You could do this a a G+ Hangout and invite a bunch of people that way. I think it's a great idea, especially as a new painter myself I've been devouring every piece of advice I can get my hands on to try to understand the nuances associated with painting so that by the time my Bones get to my front door I'm good enough to be proud of what I put on the table in front of my friends.

Minis finished: 28 and only hundreds 20 more to go!
2014 Tally: 5

My current projects are located on my WIP thread, feedback is appreciated! (New: Updated front page of thread to include a ToC of WIP/Show-off)
WIP's: A bunch on the to-do shelf (Current WIPs are TBD)

Founding member of the CashWiley Fan Clubâ„¢

#3 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Exactly why I'm offering to give this a try. I've seen dozends of folks mention that they're new, or dreadfullly out of practice, at painting miniatures. I remember what that was like and I hope that I can cover some simple but effective techniques that will provide satisfying results quickley and safely.

I'll mess around with G+ Hangout and see if I can figure out how to use it.
Active Events: Lysette | Dragons 2013 | Bad Boys | TMBG 2014 | WX14 | RC Songs |
Click this link to my gallery! I need the hits! ::P: | 2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 23

#4 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1138 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I would be interested!
  • Girot likes this

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#5 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yaay! That's two! :bday:

#6 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Okay so we are totally doing ONE Reaper mini for this little expirement, right? This would work well if we were all painting the same thing, at the same time, so we can all learn from our mistakes as we go. I'm good with doing up a curent Bones or a metal figure. I'll let you guys decide. Once we're settled I'll order/pickup mine.

#7 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1138 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

If Bones I'd vote the Dwarf or Male human warrior.

If metal.... My taste runs to Chronoscope figures but I'm flexible. I'd prefer a human(oid) figure as thats what I've been working on.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

#8 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Cybermonkey Wrangler

• Bones Supporter
  • 9394 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

I'd never be able to pull something like this off. Oh, it'd start out with the best of intentions. Things always do.

It'd be:

"Painting with Buglips"

And then after the first 10 minutes, it would be:

"Painting with Mastering Creative Profanity with Buglips"
  • Girot, Niranth, Miar and 3 others like this

Current Bones Count:  Total:  awaiting recount  Painted:  132

#9 DrakeSpirit

DrakeSpirit

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

I would totally be down for this as long as its on a saturday
I kept wondering why then frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me

#10 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• Members
  • 6424 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Unless it's going to be a 72 hour session, I think I'll pass (I paint veeeeeery slooooooowly).

#11 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1138 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

I would totally be down for this as long as its on a saturday

Maybe in November? That way we have time to decide on a piece and all of us get it...
  • DrakeSpirit and ub3r_n3rd like this

#12 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

A Saturday in November it is!

For those of you who paint super slowly you are still quite welcome to join in and take notes, cheer us on, heckle Buglips until he spontaneously combusts, etc. ::P:

I'm down for the Creative Profanity session! I was a Sailor for 10 years and challenge you to try and offend me. :devil:

#13 Talae

Talae

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1719 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

I would be interested depending on schedule and all that. Either way, make sure and record it so that you can post it on Youtube for others to watch later.
  • Girot likes this

Talae's WIP Thread of Everything (including My Daughter and her Mad Paint Skills)

Vote Gonturzap and Titis Tings 2014!

#14 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

oooh good idea!

#15 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

If Bones I'd vote the Dwarf or Male human warrior.

If metal.... My taste runs to Chronoscope figures but I'm flexible. I'd prefer a human(oid) figure as thats what I've been working on.

If we did Chronoscope I'd say we should go with the mascot from that line. I've wanted to paint one of her for ages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users