• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

My bones shipment has arrived! I'll be taking a crack at my first Dwarf about the end of next week. I'll post pics of the completed 'sample' afterwards. If there is still interest in this I'll get on Google Hangouts and learn how to use it while we all decide on a date.

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#32 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'm still interested. I based my Dwarf, gave it a quick wash of brown with paint left over from my latest touch-ups on Dita. Paint didn't stick to the highlights, but it found every crack and crevice and molding seam... which is what I wanted. Working on cleanup now, and adding a bit of green stuff to the base to give more stone-like texture.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#33 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Wow! I need to get my butt in gear then! The plan is still to paint one Dwarf (out of three) exactly how he is, no primer and no conversions, as a trial run.

I'll ask the night of the event if anybody is interested in a conversion experimentation segment where I attempt to file, drill, slice, and/or burn various Bones models...

#34 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

No pressure! please don't feel any pressure! I've just become obsessed with basing so I'm trying stuff out.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

#35 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

haha, no worries. live has been kicking my butt this month but I'll get back on track in November.

#36 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, it's kicking my butt too. I have dita unfinished and seven more minis lined up after that... not counting the Bones Dwarf...

Not enough to be considered a shelf of shame. Yet.

#37 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I keep hearing about these shelves... I'm about to start a thread for folks to post pictures of them.
  • Exwilly and Last Knight like this

#38 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6791 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

I keep hearing about these shelves... I'm about to start a thread for folks to post pictures of them.

I was just thinking that. XD My "shelf" is three Army Transports,a box of boxes, and a DeWalt case full of blisters... plus a table full of primed, dry brushed minis-in-waiting. :-)

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

[img src="http://nanowrimo.org/widget/LiveSupporter/last-knight.png" /]

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#39 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Niiiiice!! I have an entire cabinet (floor to ceiling) and a cupboard, and the various staging areas all over my desk.

#40 Niranth

Niranth

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Shelf of Shame, not me! Uh uh, no way. (I do have a large ACD box, three Blue Moon cases, three game boxes and two flats of primed miniature Imperial Human ships from Uncharted Seas. Oh, and a ziplock sandwich bag of Bones.) The ale cases are from the bar down the street, they have great handles. If unpainted miniatures are the key to immortality, I've got that covered!
  • Girot likes this
Bones KickStarter Links: http://www.reapermin...kstarter-links/

#41 Ampersandrew

Ampersandrew

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

Ok

* got my learn to paint kits (finally)
* got my kolinsky sable brushes
* got the bones Dwarf

I'm in.
  • Girot likes this

#42 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7520 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45154-how-do-you-manage-your-shelf-of-shame/
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#43 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

UPDATE!!

Initial date(s) for this informal awesomeness is FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9th (set-up/rehersal/goof-off) and SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10th (actual tutorial).

November 17th would be the only other alternative date for me to host this in November.

November 3rd I will be occupied. November 24th is Thanksgiving weekend and most of us will be busy with family.

If this expirement is a success I'd love to do it again in December and paint this years Christmas Sophie with you guys! :bday:
  • dispatchdave and Last Knight like this

#44 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6791 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

I may be out of the country again in November... go back to duty on the first. If I'm here, this could be awesome.:-)

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

[img src="http://nanowrimo.org/widget/LiveSupporter/last-knight.png" /]

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#45 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4389 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'll be posting links and whatnot so if you can stop by you are more than welcome to!

I was considering inviting some local people over to my house for this too. Make the most of it.
  • Last Knight likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users