• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#31 Dan Goodchild

Dan Goodchild

Time Lord

• Bones Supporter
  • 1319 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I believe the cases are being made by someone else and are possibly a stock model while the foam inserts are being made by Outrider.

A day without sunshine is like… night.
Niagara Gamers' Network

#32 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1867 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'm 100% certain Reaper will do right by people who pledged for cases, no matter the outcome over at Outrider.

Yep, Reaper will make sure it works out for backers, one way or the other.

After participating in Outrider's Battletech bags pre-order / launch process this year, I am less confident in his ability to deliver in a timely manner. Never the less, he did, eventually ship everything out, and the product was a good one. If anybody can hound Outrider into shipping a bazillion units by March, I'm sure Reaper can.

Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I have an ongoing WIP thread, and a more detailed Miniatures Blog.

#33 mikem91

mikem91

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I placed an order three months ago that he hasn't yet filled but it's a small order so I'm letting sit idle while he deals with more important issues. I do hope that he's able to fulfil his obligation to Reaper for the Kickstarter case inserts (or at least gives them enough notice to find another source.

I too have an outstanding order - from 8/29.  When I've communicated with Outrider, I've gotten variations of "next week" each time I've gotten a response.

It's outside both my credit card's and paypal's dispute periods, I now think it's money spent for a lesson learned.

I regret making the outrider hobby cases part of my Reaper Kickstarter.

As a follow up to this, my outstanding order from 8/29 arrived today.  The quality is ok.  The foam density is pretty good - a bit more than Sobol from my first impressions.  The fit in the cases could be a bit better, but it's snug, not loose.

• Girot likes this

#34 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7394 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I bought a Reaper paint case, the little pistol case one. Awesome case and the foam is also nice. Only complaint is the glue seems to be all over the place, sticking to the bottom of my paint bottles and not the best adherence to the tray. For my needs it's ok but glue on paint bottles is a different world from glue on painted minis.

The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint
Project Index
Proud member of Corporea's Corps, Mocha's Minions and Pixel's Posse
Former member of the CashWiley Fan Club
Posted Image

#35 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Outrider designed the foam inserts but knew going in that production would be through a different manufacturer. We are happy to have had their cooperation.

The first load of foam has already arrived and cases have begun being matched to foam. The remainder is expected to arrive within 2 weeks, which is well within our window for shipments out. We are working on matching up the remainder now and will be fully ready for the balance of the foam when it arrives.

There will be an update soon with details on this process, and we ask patience as we are working hard on all aspects of the shipping we will be beginning in a few short weeks.
  • mikem91, Girot, Darsc Zacal and 5 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#36 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3920 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Outrider designed the foam inserts but knew going in that production would be through a different manufacturer. We are happy to have had their cooperation.

The first load of foam has already arrived and cases have begun being matched to foam. The remainder is expected to arrive within 2 weeks, which is well within our window for shipments out. We are working on matching up the remainder now and will be fully ready for the balance of the foam when it arrives.

There will be an update soon with details on this process, and we ask patience as we are working hard on all aspects of the shipping we will be beginning in a few short weeks.

May the Force be with you guys when that all of that kicks off. 

• Last Knight likes this

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users