• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I ended up making my own as well - the commercially available ones are either too small (P3) or ridiculously large(Masterson).
  • TheAuldGrump likes this

Currently DMing Boldly Into Darkness Go: Down The Murder Hole.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#32 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1287 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

I ended up making my own as well - the commercially available ones are either too small (P3) or ridiculously large(Masterson).

I just ordered the Masterson! Thanks! :)

The Auld Grump
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#33 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

The Auld Grump

A fan of ridiculously large? :-) I'm using the Masterson sponges from their wet palette (they sell refills) for my home made palette, seems pretty good.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#34 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Wet pallete tutorial. Now to track down a blister pack that closes...!

http://forums.brusht...?showtopic=4806

#35 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

one is hell dorado blisters not sure on another.
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#36 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1287 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

The Auld Grump

A fan of ridiculously large? :-) I'm using the Masterson sponges from their wet palette (they sell refills) for my home made palette, seems pretty good.

I like ridiculously large. I do some experiments with color mixing on the palette - so I need the room. That one sounds just about right.

I also do drybrushing by wiping the brush on the back of my left hand... for some reason folks think that I am strange when I am painting....

The Auld Grump
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#37 Niranth

Niranth

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Would shallow wells in the paper be worthwhile? My first experience with a wet palette was less than optimal because my work surface sloped. I wonder if using something like this and a dental plaster positive to press dimples into parchment would be helpful? (And would they last once wet?)
Bones KickStarter Links: http://www.reapermin...kstarter-links/

#38 sumbloke

sumbloke

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

Shadowforge and Willy Miniatures use closing blisters.

I used to be into necrophilia, bestiality and S&M... but then I realised I was flogging a dead horse.

You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

#39 vutpakdi

vutpakdi

Knight-Errant

• Black Lightning
  • 2739 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

I use a Wonderbread sandwich container as my main wet palette. It's a little odd shaped, but it's a handily portable size and has a tight fitting lid.

Rubbermaid (and other similar) containers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and would also work well.

Ron

#40 Serenity

Serenity

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

The Masterson's Handy Palette is 7" x 8.5" on the working surface, a nice size for a small desk. They make a much larger one, but I don't have room for it, and I don't need a larger one the way I work.

How big is the P3 wet palette?

Serenity
All I want is to have my peace of mind.(Boston)

Time and time again I've thanked them for a peace of mind.(The Outlaws, Green Grass and High Tides)

#41 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

The Masterson's Handy Palette is 7" x 8.5" on the working surface, a nice size for a small desk. They make a much larger one, but I don't have room for it, and I don't need a larger one the way I work.

How big is the P3 wet palette?

Guess they weren't carrying the Handy Palette when I looked; the one I saw was ridonkulous, and it had wells in it for paints that I didn't need. The P3 wet palette didn't look much bigger than the palette I made out of a blister pack.

@Last Knight
WHY DID YOU POST THAT?

LK is my hero!

#42 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I have the P3 wet pallet and do want something bigger. But now I'm thinking adding a second Reaper pallet might be a better solution. I have a very small workspace.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#43 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Just noticed that the smaller Master's Brush Soap container would be the *perfect* container for a DIY wet palette!

The soap shrinks (but is still usable) if exposed to air for several days, then can be easily removed from the screw-top container.

EDIT: Cheesecake factor has take home boxes which fit PERFECTLY sponges. Need to test it out!
Posted Image
  • Girot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users