talion78

Completed
Otherworld Indiegogo Campaign

406 posts in this topic

Not a kickstarter but same thing.

OtherWorld miniatures have started there campaign for new adventurers sets.

They are very nice........please support them

http://www.indiegogo.com/otherworldDA

Cheers

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

Man these are really awesome minis! They actually look like they're going adventuring. Kinda pricy though. I'll have to see how my funds look later before I can pledge.

If you go in at $280 it's $5.80 a miniature plus all the bonuses when they are hit. I think that is very reasonable. And there will be plenty of bonuses. Nicely compliments all the monster I will have arriving from Reaper in November ;)

Most affordable I've seen Otherworld, but I have heaps of adventurers, its their monsters I want and they remain too expensive for me.

They look very nice, but I note with immense frustration that there's not a single female character option available until one hits the $160 level pledge.

1 person likes this

Agree with ObsidianCrane. The minis might (or probably) would turn out great, but I would MUCH rather have, say, a Drow II pack or any one of the other monsters from the original MM than adventurers....

Damon.

My disappointment is that you have one selection of female miniatures, but two male. Also, I agree it's a bit pricey.

On the plus side, the stretch goals look nice. The free shipping world wide is a boon for those who live over seas, since they are based out of the UK that'd be me for a change. The henchmen/hirelings box set sounds very tempting.

Over all, I think I'll wait a bit and mull it over before I decide.

It is cool, but there is only really two sets of the minatures I like the look of and that is the final two...

I don't really want the two sets of the boys...

I guess I'll think about it, but will probably not do it just because of that factor.

I'm undecided at the moment, I really only like the fighter from greens shown and with current Kickstarters I really don't have the funds to put down a pledge. I'll keep an eye on this one.

I get most of my adventurers fix of minis through Reaper. Although it is a bit different that these aren't the typical heroic versions one usually sees, but more of the everyday grunt types... Although if one looks hard enough those can be found in Reapers catalogue too.

Some of the stretch goals are a little different that interest me, and it looks like they'll be using some familiar sculptors. However while I've backed several projects through Kickstarter, I find this funding site harder to navigate for info and site policy. I think I'll adopt a wait and see stand on it.

I like them but can't see myself buying in. I'm all-in for reaper at this point. And I agree with the concept that we have too many characters and not enough monsters. I suppose characters must sell much more since players and not DM's buy them.

While they are nice sculpts, I think I'll stick strictly with reaper. I really like the character designs better here.

nice enough sculpts...but quite pricey. And although I like the concept (dungeon-in-progress rather than Combatty McFightsomemore) of the character designs, the execution doesn't quite get there. And to be honest, my campaigns (YMMV!) need more talky-talk people...like Reaper's Dub Bullock, Hannah Blackruby, etc.

Like others, I am turned away by the lack of females in initial releases. And I'm not encouraged by the lack of concept art for the ones that will eventually happen.

The initial cleric has a jewel-encrusted cross...I have a hard time imagining a fat Catholic friar traipsing through a dungeon in a fantasy world that doesn't have Catholics. Seems poorly planned to make a mini unwelcomed by most campaign settings' pantheons.

The initial ranger is yet another Tanis Half-elven clone...especially after Darksword just released such a lovely series of Not-Dragonlance Minis, do we need another Tanis clone? At least it's not Drizzt.

Just because I want to sound like more of a pedant, I'll say "initial" one more time.

My money will stay with Patrick's Bombshell KS.

They look very nice, but I note with immense frustration that there's not a single female character option available until one hits the $160 level pledge.

You can pledge at the level that gets you one set and email Richard to change it from Set 1(Male Humans) to Set 3 . If you read the comments he's already told others that won't be a problem.

I'm in for Level 7. It's the Henchmen box I want the most. I hire a lot of hirelings when I play.

Y'know, if instead of everyday adventurers, Otherworld had planned this project around expanding the ideas expressed in some of their stretch goals and were giving us pack mules and treasure and supply laden carts and wagons as well as other assorted dungeon dressing... I would already be pledged up over this.

Even progressive versions of the same characters, from cannon fodder to veteran adventurer would have been more likely to capture my imagination, and money. :)