talion78

Completed
Otherworld Indiegogo Campaign

406 posts in this topic

Not a kickstarter but same thing.

OtherWorld miniatures have started there campaign for new adventurers sets.

They are very nice........please support them

http://www.indiegogo.com/otherworldDA

Cheers

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

Man these are really awesome minis! They actually look like they're going adventuring. Kinda pricy though. I'll have to see how my funds look later before I can pledge.

If you go in at $280 it's $5.80 a miniature plus all the bonuses when they are hit. I think that is very reasonable. And there will be plenty of bonuses. Nicely compliments all the monster I will have arriving from Reaper in November ;)

Most affordable I've seen Otherworld, but I have heaps of adventurers, its their monsters I want and they remain too expensive for me.

They look very nice, but I note with immense frustration that there's not a single female character option available until one hits the $160 level pledge.

1 person likes this

Agree with ObsidianCrane. The minis might (or probably) would turn out great, but I would MUCH rather have, say, a Drow II pack or any one of the other monsters from the original MM than adventurers....

Damon.

My disappointment is that you have one selection of female miniatures, but two male. Also, I agree it's a bit pricey.

On the plus side, the stretch goals look nice. The free shipping world wide is a boon for those who live over seas, since they are based out of the UK that'd be me for a change. The henchmen/hirelings box set sounds very tempting.

Over all, I think I'll wait a bit and mull it over before I decide.

It is cool, but there is only really two sets of the minatures I like the look of and that is the final two...

I don't really want the two sets of the boys...

I guess I'll think about it, but will probably not do it just because of that factor.

I'm undecided at the moment, I really only like the fighter from greens shown and with current Kickstarters I really don't have the funds to put down a pledge. I'll keep an eye on this one.

I get most of my adventurers fix of minis through Reaper. Although it is a bit different that these aren't the typical heroic versions one usually sees, but more of the everyday grunt types... Although if one looks hard enough those can be found in Reapers catalogue too.

Some of the stretch goals are a little different that interest me, and it looks like they'll be using some familiar sculptors. However while I've backed several projects through Kickstarter, I find this funding site harder to navigate for info and site policy. I think I'll adopt a wait and see stand on it.

I like them but can't see myself buying in. I'm all-in for reaper at this point. And I agree with the concept that we have too many characters and not enough monsters. I suppose characters must sell much more since players and not DM's buy them.

While they are nice sculpts, I think I'll stick strictly with reaper. I really like the character designs better here.

nice enough sculpts...but quite pricey. And although I like the concept (dungeon-in-progress rather than Combatty McFightsomemore) of the character designs, the execution doesn't quite get there. And to be honest, my campaigns (YMMV!) need more talky-talk people...like Reaper's Dub Bullock, Hannah Blackruby, etc.

Like others, I am turned away by the lack of females in initial releases. And I'm not encouraged by the lack of concept art for the ones that will eventually happen.

The initial cleric has a jewel-encrusted cross...I have a hard time imagining a fat Catholic friar traipsing through a dungeon in a fantasy world that doesn't have Catholics. Seems poorly planned to make a mini unwelcomed by most campaign settings' pantheons.

The initial ranger is yet another Tanis Half-elven clone...especially after Darksword just released such a lovely series of Not-Dragonlance Minis, do we need another Tanis clone? At least it's not Drizzt.

Just because I want to sound like more of a pedant, I'll say "initial" one more time.

My money will stay with Patrick's Bombshell KS.

They look very nice, but I note with immense frustration that there's not a single female character option available until one hits the $160 level pledge.

You can pledge at the level that gets you one set and email Richard to change it from Set 1(Male Humans) to Set 3 . If you read the comments he's already told others that won't be a problem.

I'm in for Level 7. It's the Henchmen box I want the most. I hire a lot of hirelings when I play.

Y'know, if instead of everyday adventurers, Otherworld had planned this project around expanding the ideas expressed in some of their stretch goals and were giving us pack mules and treasure and supply laden carts and wagons as well as other assorted dungeon dressing... I would already be pledged up over this.

Even progressive versions of the same characters, from cannon fodder to veteran adventurer would have been more likely to capture my imagination, and money. :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sorcerersapprentice
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to the Live Kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-2-synchable-terrain-400-new-designs?ref=nav_search

Hello - just over 2 weeks away from launch I felt you guys might like to see how the campaign is shaping up, what you can expect, and the avalanche of features involved. Here is a preview of the campaign that is approximately 95% completed with just some art of the core designs left be be added. You may also be pleased to hear that I have committed to over 400 new designs, making Meanders 2 almost seven times larger.

Kind Regards,
      Kris

Visit the Meanders 2 Campaign Preview due to launch Feb 18th on Kickstarter
    • By Reaperbryan
      It's not a Games project, but I'm backing it so I'm spreading the signal.

It's an anthology about Time Travel stories.

This is also not the Author's first project, although I am unfamiliar with her writing. Over 20 authors are involved in this, but I'm not familiar with any of them either.

Still, I'm excited enough to give it a shot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kgrey/singular-irregularity
    • By ForgePrints
      <<<MOD>>>
      Update - This Kickstarter is now live. Link to the project is below:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/foundations-3
      <<<>>>

I wanted to share a preview with everyone of our new Foundations 3 Kickstarter. This is going to be our introduction of Resin products. We are doing all casting in house, we have already purchased all of the Conley Casting equipment, made about half of the production molds as well and all of the master molds.

All of the images in the Kickstarter are from our casts, and represent exactly what you will get minus the paint job. We are pricing this one aggressively to hopefully gain lots of new supporters. If you have the time to check it out, and if you can provide any feedback, criticism, or encouragement it would be greatly appreciated!

Current plans are to launch this by mid next week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/1557219489?token=392b82cd

Thanks!
      Kevin
    • By dsmiles
      Didn't see this one on here yet:

Awakening - Gaming Terrain
      About this project
      AWAKENING is a project for everyone that loves beautiful models and fantasy worlds.
      With your support we want to create the best terrain pieces available on the market. We aim at amazing design, breathtaking details, affordable price - all cast in best quality resin you can find on the market.

We are Awaken Realms - one of the biggest miniature painting studio worldwide, with a team of over 20 talented artists. After thousand of hours working on various models and terrain we know them more then anyone else. We also had a lot of experience with 3D modeling, print and resin cast.

Spatial, unique designs Up to 0,0025 cm detail level Best quality resin Perfect for taking your table to next level Created from community ideas
      3 thematic sets, 3 compelling stories. Unleash your imagination.
      Prices on the grey area shows how much you can save from retail prices after Kickstarter.

Kickstarter is an amazing way not to just sell the product, but to create it with the community. In this project we want to fully exploit this amazing opportunity.
      We would love to hear your ideas on the terrain you would like to have. We will be choosing best ideas from the comments and make a voting on them - then we will create terrain liked the most by the community and add them as a stretch goals!
      You are a part of this project and we hope you will help us fulfill mission of creating best terrain available! How far this project will go depends on you.

We are expecting to fully ship rewards within 6 month, with the first rewards send after 2-3 months. Those estimations can change depending on the amount of unlocked stretch goals and overall interest.
      Quality is our first priority at Awaken Realms. We perfectly understand that to success, we need to provide people who trusted us with great product.
      Below you can find some of the comments by backers from our first Kickstarter project - The Edge (we have shipped over 50% of rewards, currently finishing the production). Although it took a little longer then expected, our backers ended up with more components than initially planned.

We will add full effort to ensure your satisfaction as well!

Shipping prices will be calculated after the Kickstarter, based on the total weight of your order and exact location. It is impossible to do it within Kickstarter, so we will use our pledge manager system after KS.

Whole process of production - from modeling and 3D print to resin cast will be done by Awaken Realms, to ensure the final quality of every single model. No third party company will be involved in the process.

Risks and challenges
      Biggest risk factor is time of delivery of the rewards. Depending on the final size of the project, there can be maximum few months delay. It must be noted, that whole production process will be done in-house, not relaying on third party companies, which makes planning way easier. We also will give full effort in order to meet the deadlines - but in the end, devotion to quality will be always stronger then to keep the time frame.
      (Sorry, folks, took out the animated .gifs.)
    • By Teskal
      Link to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dungeon-saga-the-dwarf-kings-quest?mobile=0

Some postings from the Mantic Forum:
      For me End of July is to early to start with a new KS. :-(If they start it so early, I think I will be part of the KS with only $1+few Addons.
  • Who's Online   61 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)