@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#18 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

It's kind of tempting, since I could use these for Super Dungeon Explore, but I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if the copyright/trademark lawyers slam down the door on this before the minis can be delivered. Manufacturers such as Hasslefree and Reaper at least put up a token effort to make the characters quasi-generic. Here, though, the adventurer archetypes have the same role names as they did in the D&D cartoon, DM is pretty clearly "Dungeon Master," and I don't think anyone's going to be mistaken at the appearance of Venger. D&D even gets mentioned in the introductory description. They're not even PRETENDING.
  • Frankthedm and talion78 like this

#19 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Alright, Update #2 is out. Basically, adding DM to your pledge is $5!

Next up: "Demon Prince" is coming in at $7500, and based on the silhouette of the $10,000 stretch goal, it looks like a not-Warduke character!
Posted Image

#20 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Okay, new announcement from the campaign. First and foremost. They've decided that for every 4 add-ons of either type that you buy, you'll get a 5th of the same type for free, so not everything is pulling at your wallet.

Second, stretch goal 4 is up for vote. Go on in, each option is labeled as type I ($5) or type II ($8), cast your vote and decide what comes in!

http://www.kickstart...-chibi-an/posts
Posted Image

#21 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

How well as Impact Miniatures been able to fulfill their other KS projects?

#22 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

The latest project I see that has been fulfilled was funded on August 4th and people started commenting on receiving their packages of minis 3 days ago. Checked a few other projects, and their timelines seem to be pretty accurate and they fulfill their kickstarters without any hiccups (this is only what I found at a glance across a few of their 9 completed projects)
Posted Image

#23 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm not going to pledge, I'm not going to pledge, I'm not going to...

Squee! The acrobat! The Thief! Eyes big enough I have a chance of painting them!

Who am I kidding? Here goes more money... thankfully I've a couple paychecks between now and then.
  • Darsc Zacal likes this

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#24 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 5131 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Eyes big enough I have a chance of painting them!

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. You make a good point. I've been painting mini's for over 30 years and I still hate painting eyes.

However. I already have hundreds of minis from half a dozen different kickstarters coming to me over the next few months.

So...

I'm not going to pledge, I'm not going to pledge, I'm not going to...

"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#25 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

I'm sorry, but once they unveil that chibi-fied baby unicorn and (hopefully) a chibi tiamat, pledges are going to see an increase. Can you resist a chibi Tiamat and baby unicorn? Could you? You monster.
  • Nocturne likes this
Posted Image

#26 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 6637 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm sorry, but once they unveil that chibi-fied baby unicorn and (hopefully) a chibi tiamat, pledges are going to see an increase. Can you resist a chibi Tiamat and baby unicorn? Could you? You monster.

La la la I can't hear you!
  • The Inner Geek likes this

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#27 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14616 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

Baby unicorn is wonderful. Herb crusted and slow roasted with mint jelly.
  • dariustad likes this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#28 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 16960 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

I must admit that the dice are calling me.

"You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up."

Spoiler

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper

Wonderland No More

#29 dariustad

dariustad

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

I'll admit I'm watching this KS just to see if they can make Tiamat.

Draconic minis are something I'm always looking for!

#30 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1162 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

I love reading the forum where people pretend that they have any willpower and that they won't buy more minis. I was one of those people too until I finally gave in an had the courage to say "Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm a miniholic".

The KS is great. Not only do we get great parodies of the old D&D cartoon but it also shows up a month before all my Bones minis! I now have something to do in February!

BTW, I was doing some research on the cartoon (it's been awhile since I've seen it). I didn't realize that they didn't get an opportunity to film the last episode where they tie up the whole Dungeon Master/Venger relationship. The good news is that the script for this episode is available online. The name of the episode is called Requiem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miniatures, kickstarter, chibi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users