• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

#31 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1380 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

I've been wondering if the cartoon would live up to the nostalgia. Is there somewhere online it can be viewed? I have great memories of it, but I have great memories of a lot of cartoons from that era and they don't all seem as awesome after seeing them again.

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#32 Niranth

Niranth

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm just watching so far, but that may change. I can see using these with SDE as well, starting to think about stats.
Bones KickStarter Links: http://www.reapermin...kstarter-links/

#33 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15286 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

It was on cable on the Hub for a little bit. Its cheesy as hell but still fun to watch. I always wanted the ranger's bow.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#34 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6701 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I love reading the forum where people pretend that they have any willpower and that they won't buy more minis. I was one of those people too until I finally gave in an had the courage to say "Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm a miniholic".

Well, at least for this KS I have plenty of will power. I'm not even remotely interested in these.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#35 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15286 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

I have a little interest. But I'm waiting to see if the IP police hop in.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#36 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 13087 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I have a little interest. But I'm waiting to see if the IP police hop in.

My thoughts exactly. I can understand the nostalgia meets new feeling with this one but knowing Hasbro WHAM!!! goes the hammer.

As the D&D cartoon holds a dear place in my heart (along with allot of the old Saturday morning cartoons of the 80s) I hope this one goes the distance thou.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#37 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 3494 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

My thoughts exactly. I can understand the nostalgia meets new feeling with this one but knowing Hasbro WHAM!!! goes the hammer.

That's where it get's a little muddy though, the license has long since moved on since it was co-produced by TSR so Hasbro have no rights over the series or it's designs. It currently sits with Mill Creek Entertainment who are a home video company.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#38 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 13087 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

maybe they are into fan based tribute stuff??

One can only hope.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#39 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think fear of legal issues might keep a lot of people away. I don't intend to pledge more than I can afford to lose. That means passing on most figures after the first eight.

Though chibi Tiamat and unicorn? I might budge. Dragons and unicorns are in the public domain after all.

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#40 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15286 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

So long as they aren't dumb enough to call her tiamat.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#41 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Veteran

• 6101 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

No reason not to. The name's from mythology thousands of years old.
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I had to drown my dolly in the bathtub to try and still the voice of the mirror mommy telling me to do bad things. And then an octopus stole my clothes!"
Buglips' Gnome.

#42 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1348 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Actually, Tiamat is from Babylonian mythology, and is therefore fair game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#43 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15286 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Corrected I stand young adventurers.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#44 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Veteran

• 6101 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Corrected I stand young adventurers.

Nope. Old veteran here.

Better quit while you're ahead Qwyksilver. ;)
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I had to drown my dolly in the bathtub to try and still the voice of the mirror mommy telling me to do bad things. And then an octopus stole my clothes!"
Buglips' Gnome.

#45 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15286 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

No...referencing dungeon master.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miniatures, kickstarter, chibi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users