• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

So while I was waiting for the green stuff on Archie to cure I was bored and started work on... wait for it... Woody!

Wood Elf Mage another from Scibor and I gotta say that I relly like a lot of the detail their resin minis... what I don't care for is the level of finish they have when they leave the factory. lots of molding lines, and voids that need to be cleared of extraneious material. This one wasn't so bad but Archie's wings alone took me forever.

Anyway... I got to work on this...
DSC_0737.JPG
DSC_0738.JPG DSC_0739.JPG
DSC_0740.JPG DSC_0741.JPG

DSC_0742.JPG DSC_0743.JPG
DSC_0744.JPG DSC_0746.JPG
  • CashWiley and Miar like this
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#2 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Got up and played some WOW this morning but just before noon I went in to work on woody...
on these first couple pics you can see that i tried to make his hair lighter on top as if light was shining down... i decided against it...
DSC_0747.JPG DSC_0749.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG DSC_0751.JPG
I used some GS and some gamesworkshop brass stuff i had laying around to put some ivy coming out of the rockface, will paint when its nice and cured
DSC_0752.JPG

I gotta say again, minis look fantastic at arms length but when i take photos up close... my god it looks like im painting while doing the hula-hoop
DSC_0755.JPG

My CMON gallery

#3 Ishil

Ishil

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 758 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Is he holding a skipping rope?

Ishil
Jesus loves you. But not that much.

#4 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

lol, no those are roots/vines sprouting up from the ground... sheesh... my wife said the same thing

My CMON gallery

#5 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

After I added the little bits of leaves I was really a little disappointed in how everything turned out. I grabbed some green stuff and decided I would try to make some additional vines and such, how hard could it be right?

Working with greenstuff turned out to be more challenging than I thought. Making vines was pretty easy, the difficulty arose from just the handling of the material... very sticky. Water seemed to work on my fingertips every few moments but I had to continue to dunk my fingers every few minutes. Overall I think it turned out closer to what I wanted in the first place... And I haven't found the hideMyNewbishness filter for my camera yet.

DSC_0767.JPG DSC_0768.JPG
DSC_0769.JPG DSC_0773.JPG

My CMON gallery

#6 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Okay, this might sound weird, but I love his eyebrows! You did a fantastic job of making them look realistic but visible. The vines look very good and blend well into the bottom of the figure, looking quite natural! And I'm really digging on the wooden arm and leg. Coming along very well and I can't wait to see more ^_^
Posted Image

#7 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Thanks much... I usually have difficulty with eyes and faces in general. This mini is kind of wide open, no obstructions really so I was able to get in there better.

My CMON gallery

#8 Mistwalker

Mistwalker

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

For the green stuff stickyness, the few times that I have used it, I used a bit of vaseline on my fingers and tools (as recommended in a few how to tutorials) and had no problems at all - just be sure to wipe it off after things have dried.

#9 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I thought about using vaseline but i wasnt sure if it would interfere with the curing process... good to know it won't.

My CMON gallery

#10 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2117 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

nice base- love the vines!
oh, you mean I can put stuff here?  cool!  now to think of something...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scibor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users