Kickstarter PM Pledge Manager

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Schuthrax

Schuthrax

• Bones Supporter
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

So I went through the whole deal four times. The first three times, it timed out on me while I was making some changes about what exactly I wanted. I had to bounce back and forth between the PM and the Kickstarter page since the PM does not (so unhelpful) tell you which of the items were already included in the various levels (vamprire in my case). Anyway, I did it a fourth time because I forgot to remove Sophie. By then, I completely forgot to check the "Send as one package". Is there anyway to get that changed? Also, I think that option should be part of the shipping options and not a "lock in" option.

Thanks!

#2 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

I think it would have been nice if the "give me one of everything!" was more along the lines of, "give me everything that's not already included in Vampire level!"

Or have another button that does that. Anyway it took some doing but I got everything the way I want. I hope you can get your problems fixed soon.
  • Frankthedm and morari like this

#3 stevelabny

stevelabny

• Bones Supporter
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I did the same thing. Got kicked out. Re-did it. Didn't see "send as one package" the second time. Now I'm locked in. Anyway to fix?

#4 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

So I went through the whole deal four times. The first three times, it timed out on me while I was making some changes about what exactly I wanted. I had to bounce back and forth between the PM and the Kickstarter page since the PM does not (so unhelpful) tell you which of the items were already included in the various levels (vamprire in my case). Anyway, I did it a fourth time because I forgot to remove Sophie. By then, I completely forgot to check the "Send as one package". Is there anyway to get that changed? Also, I think that option should be part of the shipping options and not a "lock in" option.

Thanks!

It was a lock in option because computing shipping up front is a better experience than having extra shipping tip your nice zero balance over the edge, making you go back and revise. Sorry for the confusion.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#5 Schuthrax

Schuthrax

• Bones Supporter
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

For international users it makes sense, but not really for US? It's ok though, I can live with it. I just hope the paints hold up until March!

#6 kit

kit

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

I did the same thing. Got kicked out. Re-did it. Didn't see "send as one package" the second time. Now I'm locked in. Anyway to fix?

Let me test a reset widget tomorrow. It would set you back to the zero point. I'll let you know.

Edit: I shouldn't be allowed to type at 3 AM. This is far more complicated that I was thinking last night.

PMed you some questions.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#7 Shinjo_Hokari

Shinjo_Hokari

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

HI! I pledged $346 at the Vampire level. The Pledge Manager had only four sections. One for locking in Vampire level, one for additional Vampire sets, one for combined shipping, and one for t-shirts and hats. I locked in the Vampire level, but where are the options for the additional minis? I have my list at the ready.

I just switched from IE to Firefox, and the options page showed up. Looks like problem is solved.

#8 Exwilly

Exwilly

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 840 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

there is a button for addons somewhere on the page got to look for it i did. but look around i cant remeber if it is top or bottom or somewhere else on page. it could be anywhere idont remeber how i got it.
"Remember practice doesn't make perfect but it sure does help only perfect practice makes perfect but you cant be perfect without making mistakes and learning from them." dont know if this is an actual quote by someone lol.

Naturally, he died because a wizard exploded.

like i tell my employees at work who complain about working. your here to work right. yes they reply. your getting paid right. yes they reply. good now go clean the restrooms

#9 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

@Kit: I'm kind of curious what this "reset widget" is. Is it something you're adding to the RPM where if people make a mistake, they can hit the button, it erases their current selections (but not current amount paid) and they can reselect their stuff? Or would it be more of a backend thing that only you'd have access to, not the public (ex. us) would have access to?

Sorry for the third degree, I'm just curious ;)
Posted Image

#10 vulture

vulture

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 638 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

i saw the combined shipping, but i wasn't sure what the benefit was so i passed it by.

60 miniatures painted in 2013. 

13/61 finished in 2014

http://nosmallart.blogspot.com/

#11 Schuthrax

Schuthrax

• Bones Supporter
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

For me, combined shipping means I won't have paint sitting around, drying out!, for six months.

#12 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

I've got bottles of 6+ year old MSP that are fine. 6 months won't hurt em at all.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#13 kit

kit

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

@Kit: I'm kind of curious what this "reset widget" is. Is it something you're adding to the RPM where if people make a mistake, they can hit the button, it erases their current selections (but not current amount paid) and they can reselect their stuff? Or would it be more of a backend thing that only you'd have access to, not the public (ex. us) would have access to?

Sorry for the third degree, I'm just curious ;)

In some cases folks realize they messed up a pledge. Or they need to add an extra dragon. Or whatever.

I now have a little button that does a couple of things.

1) it removes your locked-in pledge from the system. This lets you start over.

2) If you added extra dough, then it rolls in the overage back into your original pledge, so you can reallocate or add extra or whatever.

Given the nature of this operation, and the ever-present opportunities to make mistakes or be misunderstood, I've reserved this widget for Reaper staff only.

Now that I've said this, I hope I don't get a deluge of requests, but there we are. Your needs are more important than my petty concerns. :;):

Anyway, for anyone who wants to combine all their shipping into one package, I can do that, too. Just let me know via kit@reapermini.com and be sure to include the email you used to do the kickstarter. That'll be the quickest way for me to get these things dealt with.
  • Frankthedm, buglips*the*goblin, DonTheDime and 2 others like this

#14 burnsides

burnsides

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Kit I emailed you and sent you a PM about my plans to mess up your day by asking for another crack at the pledge manager so I can feed it another $85 for more Bones stuff.

#15 Cheese

Cheese

• Bones Supporter
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Kit, although I would love to add a few more things to my pledge (a clockwork dragon, another Cthulhu, the deep dwellers, etc). I will skip out on the reset option. You guys (all the reaper staff) have put on one hell of a kickstarter. And ultimately I'm happy with my locked in pledge, I'll wait till the rest of what I want hits retail to pick them up.

But thank you for all the hard work you and the whole staff has done.
  • Girot likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users