corrinavatan

Anybody else feeling really poor right now :-P?

131 posts in this topic

I was in for $175, ended up spending $255. (All paint sets, cases, etc)

I'm wondering if Reaper would have broke 4 million if Amazon wouldn't have pooped out in the last thirty minutes; I'm sure I'm not the only one who increased their pledge by nearly 50%.

Also, all the other business: I ordered Reaper's paint caddy, and remember seeing that they had over 2200+ in stock... suddenly, they're at 1999... :-). And I know I've ordered quite a few existing bones and the like.

Anybody else go "Take My Money!" with Reaper?

2 people like this

It's not my fault. It's the company's fault for making me want it so bad.

I was only going to go in for $110 liche level. But then it became that plus vampire. Then it became vampire plus extras without liche.

And then . . . then I had to have it all.

All.

All.

All.

Now I eat ramen and try not to starve before March.

6 people like this

I had a good experience with Reaper (thanks Ron) at Gen Con a year ago and bought the entire range a couple of months later. I have three caddies and used Excel to make a chart with the name and number and space to smear a bit so I can see the color.

I have to wait a bit before finalizing my pledge, but I really watch every penny that is spent as it is that much less I can spend on Bones.

I was an early backer at the Vampire level when they had just added the dungeon attack monsters onto the pile. It wasn't b/c I was watching and waiting, it was b/c I had just stumbled across it at that point in time. I saw how this deal was gonna work out and wanted to help increase my own haul. Then the options started in.

So I ended up with 2x the Vampire Level and tons of options...514 minis, 2 paint sets and the mini case.

LMAO!!! Personally I got exactly what I wanted right now......but, I know me well enough to know that I will want more.

As if Double Vampire, crown Jewel Sophie, All the Giants, All the Dragons (some multiples for my daughter) all the paints (why not?) and most of the additional options won't be enough.......lol

As far as poor? Nope, I am rich in minis!! Money, who needs it, it goes away too fast, never hangs out to just chat and make me feel good....lol. The way I figure it, I can always make more........

I know the feeling. I only went up by about 10% over my final pledge, but that pledge was more than enough. ;) now I have until March to figure out how to store 1000 minis.

1 person likes this

Well, I spent $0, but with the crown jewel, double vamp, all the extras, double dragons and triplethulhu....

Just hoping Dreadball doesn't add in anything else amazing at this point :) And then I'm so done with KS, unfortunately Tre looks to be running another in a couple months and I know it's going to upset me with something awesome.

Yes but not because of Reaper. The 3KSes I'm backing now on the other-hand....

@ObsidianCrane Yeah. I've had two close this week and a third (Horror on the Orient Express) with about 30 hours to go. Generic ramen is starting to look pricey. *L*

1 person likes this

I went up on my amount when the RPM went live, but 30 minutes wouldn't have made a difference to me. What got me to spend an extra $75 during the pledge manager was the simple fact it came after another paycheck :-) If I'd had it at the time I would have added it to my pledge.

Yup.

Original Pledge: $100. (the beginning)

End of Kickstarter Pledge: $300 (dragons you say?)

Reaper Paints: $150 or so (impatient)

Bones Minis from FLGS: $50 or so (might as well)

Metal Minis from Reaper: $40 or so (oh what the heck)

Total RPM Pledge: $593 (I give up, take it all)

This from a person that has never owned a mini before. I've now painted 30 minis for a board game and one for my D&D character with my wife's help. Without this Kickstarter, Reaper doesn't see any of that money. Well played Reaper... Well played.

6 people like this

@AubreyE Welcome aboard then.

I've definitly spent more at the Reaper store becuse of this KS. It was a lot of fun and nicely done on their part. :) I already have part of my next order in the cart, although it will probably have to wait until the next pay cycle.

In at $300, come payday I will be poking the Pledge Manager with a stick, and upping it to $400...

Ow.

The Auld Grump

1 person likes this

I must have been the only person to be somewhat conservative on the RPM. Only added $35. Of course, since I just found out earlier this week my wife is pregnant and with Twins, I really didn't have much other choice.

3 people like this