Photo

Anybody else feeling really poor right now :-P?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#31 orrinb1969

orrinb1969

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

I only boosted mine by $25.00 (bought an extra case & traded in my Sophie)
i got Vampire level plus:

-- Ebonwrath x1 $10
-- Starter Paint Set x1 $18
-- Undead Paint Set x1 $18
-- Figure Case x2 $50
-- Deathsleet x1 $10
-- Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
-- Starter Set 2 x1 $18
-- IMEF Paint Set x1 $18
-- Nethyrmaul x1 $25
-- Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
-- C'thulhu x1 $10
-- Hydra x1 $15

#32 Argentee

Argentee

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1372 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

I only raised my pledge $8. Had a water leak AND a washing machine die since the KS ended. I'll just have to wait and order them when they hit the retail chain. After I've painted the 240+ I'm already getting, of course.

• Adrift likes this

"They'll sell you thousands of greens. Veronese green and emerald green and cadmium green and any sort of green you like; but that particular green, never."  - Pablo Picasso

ss_fx_by_girot-d5xrcq0.gif

#33 badocter

badocter

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Increased my spend by 15% beyond my final pledge during KS. Most of that increase was my daughter picking up additional options with her allowance.

It was a real mental battle to hold the line and at times over the last 6 weeks my planning spreadsheet showed as much as a 60% increase. I had to impose a few simple rules
1) ask the question of each option, would I use it. If the answer was "no", then it is not a smart buy regardless of discount, and it got cut
2) I restricted my option choices so that they did not overlap with those of my daughter
I am relieved in a way that now my choices are locked in. Only thing left on my part is to receive delivery, oh, and a craptastic ammount of painting.. ::D:
  • Adrift likes this

#34 Corporea

Corporea

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2155 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

The entire family has now been put on notice to paint the 1000+ minis coming in March. Between this, Demons and Devils and Bombshell, we are going to be busy. Must clear shelf space.
  • dragonlady and Adrift like this
oh, you mean I can put stuff here?  cool!  now to think of something...

#35 Xerobull

Xerobull

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Credit was made for emergency expenditures such as this. :blush:

#36 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5993 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Since the KS closed right after my daughter started college and right before I went on vacation to Alaska, I was a little conservative with my pledge. As a long-time Reaper supporter, I have quite literally thousands of Reaper minis, plus paints. It is only that which spared me from being hit even harder by the release of the RPM. As is, I think my total in the RPM will at least double before I finalize it.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#37 dwarvenranger

dwarvenranger

Doglike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1488 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Not me. I figured pretty good when I made my initial pledge of $350. I only had to increase it $3. Of course when I made that initial pledge, I was feeling pretty poor.
Grow Stronger

#38 kaosweaver

kaosweaver

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 916 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

i ended up adding a lot to my pledge, the deal was just too good to pass up, went from 4 vamp sets to 12, although I did trim some of the extras to only those I wanted to use for sure. I have over 3000 minis coming in March, it will be fun!

#39 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Wow! With that volume, you could field any of the units in a squad! A whole infantry of harpies and medusas. Hundreds of kobolds and goblins...
Posted Image

#40 kaosweaver

kaosweaver

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 916 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

exactly! Armies, I'm building them - that and for trading to get more monsters and giving single figures. Plus, I'm thinking of donating one set of vamp to a local military base, there are games in the military who'd love to get these minis.
  • Shakandara, Niranth and AubreyE like this

#41 Glinch

Glinch

• Bones Supporter
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

• Vampire x1 $100
  • Fire Giants x1 $10
  • Ebonwrath x1 $10
  • Frost Giants x1 $10
  • There Be Dragons x1 $15
  • Deathsleet x1 $10
  • Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
  • Red Dragon x1 $10
  • Nethyrmaul x1 $25
  • Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
  • C'thulhu x1 $10
  • KS Sophie UL x1 $28
Sigh.. I wanted to get more but i ran out of money i felt i could spend..
Well spend without going flat broke in the next week..

#42 ced1106

ced1106

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

Even $250 on KS is STILL cheaper than five boardgames! :D

#43 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2373 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

The entire family has now been put on notice to paint the 1000+ minis coming in March. Between this, Demons and Devils and Bombshell, we are going to be busy. Must clear shelf space.

Dang, even with an army of painters it will be a while.

Credit was made for emergency expenditures such as this. :blush:

Word.

Since the KS closed right after my daughter started college and right before I went on vacation to Alaska, I was a little conservative with my pledge. As a long-time Reaper supporter, I have quite literally thousands of Reaper minis, plus paints. It is only that which spared me from being hit even harder by the release of the RPM. As is, I think my total in the RPM will at least double before I finalize it.

~v

Thousands of minis is an unacceptible reason for not adding thousands more. Everything else will be accepted as valid.

#44 Ithaqua

Ithaqua

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

I spent $238 on KS..Vampire, paint set 2 and some extras...
Then I got RPMed for $100 more...the rest of the paints and a bit more extras.
Had to hold off at 100, and finally resisted hitting the Vampire + button again, if Vampire was mostly monsters instead of characters (which I only need one of) I would have hit it 3+ times lol
Im loving it!
Question: when do we get our PDFs?

#45 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 795 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I tried not to spend too much more but with those last stretch goals there was not way I couldn't. I mean, I think I'm the only vampire person who didn't get the clockwork dragon.

Maybe my wife will forgive me by the time next March rolls around. She's not a gamer (her only flaw).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users