• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey guys. So it's been quite a while since I've really posted anything here. Thanks to the Reaper Bones kickstarter my funds to get minis for right now were left in shambles. :P And by the time I some more minis to paint the camera got broken. x( But fortunately today is my birthday and my dad got me an AMAzing camera and my mom and stepdad got me set on paints, minis, and brushes. :D

Posted Image
Lighting is a little bad. : /
Posted Image
I'm so excited to paint this guy! :D Well anyway I'm back and will be posting more often if all goes well. :)
  • Metalchaos likes this

#2 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2028 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Demogorgon..tres nice. Glad to see you amongst your 'other' family.
  • Silas Coggeshall likes this

#3 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11291 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

I have the demonic lasher and I keep meaning to paint him. Then I keep finding other stuff to distract me. Any idea when you're planning to start him? 'Cause this guy seriously needs some love from me, and if I see one done up it might motivate me.
  • Silas Coggeshall and Exwilly like this

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

#4 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I have the demonic lasher and I keep meaning to paint him. Then I keep finding other stuff to distract me. Any idea when you're planning to start him? 'Cause this guy seriously needs some love from me, and if I see one done up it might motivate me.

hrmm. Not sure yet. I want to paint a few of the other minis first to brush up so to speak. But I'm REALLY excited about painting this guy and will probably get to him pretty soon. :)

#5 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11291 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

Mine's actually had primer on him so long it's turned yellow. So . . . seven years? Yeah, he's been waiting a while.

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

#6 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5332 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

Glad to see you back and a broader selection of paint.

Mine's actually had primer on him so long it's turned yellow. So . . . seven years? Yeah, he's been waiting a while.

Aging your canvas I see. Surely a mark of a master.
  • Lastman, buglips*the*goblin and CashWiley like this

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#7 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11291 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Glad to see you back and a broader selection of paint.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

#8 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2028 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

hrmm. Not sure yet. I want to paint a few of the other minis first to brush up so to speak. But I'm REALLY excited about painting this guy and will probably get to him pretty soon. :)

I'm feeling a deep shade of purple for the legs and arms...a tapered effect trending towards blue would be very nice. Wait nevermind, I'm gonna get that mini and use that as my scheme. :blues:

LOL

#9 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2986 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Buglips; here's a nice painted version for you (source)
Posted Image

Personally I prefer the more natural baboon colours seen on the last print issue of Dungeon Magazine than more recent lurid orange depictions of the 2 headed prince of demons.
Posted Image
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#10 Stern Kestrelmann

Stern Kestrelmann

Godlike

• Members
  • 5633 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Looks like you've got some paintin' to do my friend...

Velkom back!

SK
THERE IS ONLY THE EMPEROR!

#11 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Forget the Hearse 'cause you'll never die!

#12 cthulhudarren

cthulhudarren

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Buglips; here's a nice painted version for you (source) Posted Image Personally I prefer the more natural baboon colours seen on the last print issue of Dungeon Magazine than more recent lurid orange depictions of the 2 headed prince of demons. Posted Image

That Demogorgon looks better than the DDM version I have. The DDM version looks pretty tiny at "Large" size. That reaper one looks bigger even though the pose isn't very dynamic.

#13 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2028 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

The DDM version is just an Aspect of Demogorgon, and it also suffers from the earlier size restrictions they placed on large miniatures. As the line advanced, they increased the base diameter of larges and the large models got larger.

#14 buglips*the*goblin

buglips*the*goblin

Emperor of The Moon

• Forum Mascot
  • 11291 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

I have a couple of pictures of the D-Gog, there's even a real nice one in the reaper gallery by Derek Schubert, I think.

Inspiration is not lacking. What I need is guilt! To see somebody love and cherish and paint their D-Gog so that I can know the shame of procrastination and the dishonor of aged primer.

Then maybe I'll do some work. Fun. Fuwork? I'm totally going to pronounce fork that way now just to mess with people's heads. Axcoose mia, con aye hath a fuwork fur mia meshed podadoes?

$10 says I have no friends within 2 weeks.

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

I AM MASCOT NOW!

#15 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2028 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

You'll always have us buglips.

Silas I'm seriously jealous of the paint haul. At this point I'm more psyched for new paint that minis..I think it has to do with the whole 500+ arriving in March.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users