psyberwolfe1

D&D Chainmail Half-Orc Fighter

12 posts in this topic

My most recent offering. As always C&C is welcome. Also I'll be happy to answer any questions.

post-4006-0-48361000-1349027584_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-59880000-1349027621_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-72647600-1349027645_thumb.jpg

6 people like this

The eyes, face, sword blade, armor, cloak..all very well executed and shaded. Very excellent work! You really captured the 'feel' of this miniature perfectly.

My uno observation is that I think his nails are a little too clean in appearance to me, but he may have just had a mani. :huh:

Well, look at his hair. He obviously hit the stylist/salon recently. :lol:

As for the miniature, it's gorgeous! I love the shading and highlights on his face, and the choice to do the cloak in a reddish-brown was very lovely. Well done ^_^

I've been meaning to get one of these. Well done!!!

I really like the sword blades. They're stained with orcy neglect.

1 person likes this

I really like the sword blades. They're stained with orcy neglect.

Is that what the kids these days are calling elf gore? Cause I like it!

I like the deep blue you used and the sword looks great. Excellent job.

Nice work on the sword. I like his armor, too!

I painted the plastic version of this mini a few years ago, this metal version & your paint job look 1000 times better!

Thank you all. I did the armor on him at the same time I did the Battleguard Golem. I think the effect worked better on this model but c'est la vie. For those interested the color on the armor was MSP Blackened Brown followed by strategic placement of Walnut Brown then Pure Black.

this is fantastic..., the weathered armor look is well done. I need to go out and find a mini with some plate and try this out...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
           Just wanted to post some pictures of a few figures I finished up recently in an effort to clear off some of the stuff that's been gathering dust on my paint table, so they'd be ready for the game table.    I'm not 100% sure of the identity of each of these figures other than manufacturer.  

The first is an old Heartbeaker Hobbies and Games sword-woman.
      The second is a pirate from Eureka
      The third was some sort of witch or sorceress (I can't exactly remember), from the Deadlands game. 

• By Moonjoe
      Hello,  
      I made this for my younger brothers birthday present. I run a game with him and his friends. His character isn't an orc so I glued a fabric mask on to hide the orcish face.  His character (Zanderluck) also lost his left hand and has a cursed gold handaxe that laughs when violent intent is sensed(also will eventually teleport back to him when he throws it or tries to hide it.  I spent about 18 hours on it including the base, handaxe and hook.  I wish I spent more time on the eyes and nose, that portion could use some more touch up.  Also I could have done the rocks on the mini the same color as the rocks I used for the base. The handaxe sadly doesn't have the best grip on the model even after super glue, any tips for adhering metal pieces together other than glue?   Aside from that I like critique and am trying to improve so please let me know what you think.

(Let me know if the pictures are too detailed, had outside help take them)

• By Joma
      I'm new to this hobby, spent too much money buying my first pack of minis ((got the Hordes Krielstone bearer and stone scribe 4 set)  because I hadn't come across the Reaper Bones at that point) and this is my fifth miniature I've painted. I wanted to paint a half orc barbarian sort of character in case I wanted to try playing D&D on Roll20 or something (im a bit shy, so an in person kind of D&D thing is a bit of a stretch). Welp, here is my uh.. 3/4 orc barbarian :)

• By Chaoswolf
      I think this is an old Citadel barbarian figure that I finished last night. He was actually a 'paint catcher' ( an old/broken figure I keep around to test paint ideas on ) for a while that I decided to actually finish off. He's a little rough, I did him in a couple hours to get myself back into painting after a few weeks of nothing.
      I hope you like him, he'll be serving as a thug in one of my Frostgrave warbands.
      I'm also not positive on the manufacturer; please let me know if I'm wrong and I'll correct the post.

• By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Grenadier models lion-man that I finished the other day. Tabletop as usual. I hope you like him.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)