The eyes, face, sword blade, armor, cloak..all very well executed and shaded. Very excellent work! You really captured the 'feel' of this miniature perfectly.

My uno observation is that I think his nails are a little too clean in appearance to me, but he may have just had a mani. :huh:

Well, look at his hair. He obviously hit the stylist/salon recently. :lol:

As for the miniature, it's gorgeous! I love the shading and highlights on his face, and the choice to do the cloak in a reddish-brown was very lovely. Well done ^_^

I really like the sword blades. They're stained with orcy neglect.

Is that what the kids these days are calling elf gore? Cause I like it!

Thank you all. I did the armor on him at the same time I did the Battleguard Golem. I think the effect worked better on this model but c'est la vie. For those interested the color on the armor was MSP Blackened Brown followed by strategic placement of Walnut Brown then Pure Black.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MojoBob

I'm not sure if this figure is actually meant to be a half-orc or not, but that's what I'm using it for. I have a pair of half-orc twins in my campaign, a brother and sister, and they need some figures.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my seventh day of International Mini Painting Month I present Saproling Warrior from the Warlord line...

Another quick one,
      Kev!
    • By 72moonglum
      So here is another one in my little series of old and new. I was actually going to post this yesterday as well, but I didn't have a good front shot.

So this is a Grenadier Elf or Half Elf fighter, from their twenty-piece woodlands adventure box.  I painted this figure way back in the eighties to be one of my player characters Renny back in the day when we played D&D at Star Realm in Omaha. Back then there was a buy named Bill if I remember correctly from Offutt who was our DM, another guy, I think Roy, and then another random assortment of teenagers.

and a shot from behind, where you'll see there's lots of grass stuck to the base. I think I just didn't wait long enough for his sealant on the base to dry before I stuck him into the grass. I always paint the base black again and then seal, because I will have ultimately made a mess all over the base while painting it.  Not too worried though, these are being painted just for fun. 

and here's the front shot I was missing yesterday, where you can see a bit of difference in the shield and face:

and then just some shots of them in the same photo:

So there you have them, a small journey into my adolescent past, up to my current almost 50 year old self, who as per my beautiful wife, is still probably somehow stuck back in the past with my fascination for "muñequitos".  Like I mentioned in my previous posts I've got a few more of these yet to be started, that I'll probably do when I'm "between projects". 
      Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Adrift
      More work on getting my groove back. I've never really attempted an aged bronze, and I really enjoyed the gemstones.

• By Chaoswolf
      Another old-school Ral Partha fighting woman who is sensibly dressed. I finished her up last night.
      let me know what you think, please.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)