psyberwolfe1

D&D Chainmail Half-Orc Fighter

12 posts in this topic

My most recent offering. As always C&C is welcome. Also I'll be happy to answer any questions.

post-4006-0-48361000-1349027584_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-59880000-1349027621_thumb.jpg

post-4006-0-72647600-1349027645_thumb.jpg

6 people like this

The eyes, face, sword blade, armor, cloak..all very well executed and shaded. Very excellent work! You really captured the 'feel' of this miniature perfectly.

My uno observation is that I think his nails are a little too clean in appearance to me, but he may have just had a mani. :huh:

Well, look at his hair. He obviously hit the stylist/salon recently. :lol:

As for the miniature, it's gorgeous! I love the shading and highlights on his face, and the choice to do the cloak in a reddish-brown was very lovely. Well done ^_^

I've been meaning to get one of these. Well done!!!

I really like the sword blades. They're stained with orcy neglect.

1 person likes this

I really like the sword blades. They're stained with orcy neglect.

Is that what the kids these days are calling elf gore? Cause I like it!

I like the deep blue you used and the sword looks great. Excellent job.

Nice work on the sword. I like his armor, too!

I painted the plastic version of this mini a few years ago, this metal version & your paint job look 1000 times better!

Thank you all. I did the armor on him at the same time I did the Battleguard Golem. I think the effect worked better on this model but c'est la vie. For those interested the color on the armor was MSP Blackened Brown followed by strategic placement of Walnut Brown then Pure Black.

this is fantastic..., the weathered armor look is well done. I need to go out and find a mini with some plate and try this out...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      Sorry, I had to get punny with the title. 

This is DSM's Musk Ox Warrior. I will admit, I got a bit tired of him towards the end. The thickness of the fur is such that even 95% done I was finding nooks and crannies that had no paint applied to them. 

Michael Proctor did DSM's gallery version. For one, I wanted the figure to still look like a musk ox, so we are pretty similar in that respect. And the colors we chose are similar although not the same. I deliberately did some things different as to not copy Mr. Proctor's excellent beast. Nonetheless, his freehand on the purse and the loincloth served as an inspiration for mine. 

When I did the rainbow fairy I was asked if I was going to line the intersection of colors on her skirt. I didn't, but for three reasons: I liked how it was without lining, I'd already planned it without lining, and I was worried about fudging up the good work if I tried. For the musk ox's freehand parts though, I tried, but I cheated at it a bit. I painted the outline color first, then painted the main color inside the "liner". 

Also: @Doug Sundseth, I am bringing my camera next paint-meet-up to pick your brain on getting my settings right. My depth of field is suffering on photography. 

As always, C&C, rip it to shreds. Inform me of my failures. I also accept praise in the form of (literal or figurative) cookies. 

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a heavy detailed bust from Legendarion.

Meet Gebhuza the Hyena Warrior.

In my mind he's an assassin / Bodyguard type, look at all those knives he's carrying besides his sword,

I tried to make him into a Spotted Hyena.

Hope you guys enjoy him.

For those interested the WIP:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62312-gebhuza-hyena-warrior-bust-by-xherman1964/

• By PurpleLlama
      Finally finished this warrior from darksword miniatures.  He's going to be used for my 2-handed greatsword paladin in a new D&D group that starts tomorrow.

For the most part I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.  One of these days I really need to take the time and try some NMM.  I didn't highlight and shade the face as much as it should have been and the hair was mostly dry brushed as there wasn't much sculpting of strands of hair in certain parts.  

Comments and suggestions are welcome as always!

• By Pochi
      Here is the warrior/paladin guy from my Dragons Don't Share 2 set. He came without his shield so I used one of the new ones from Bones 3. I realized after I super glued it that I stuck it on wrong. Too bad because my super glue works tremendously well! It's not that big of a deal to me so I went ahead and painted him up. I really like how he turned out and I hope you guys do too!

C&C always welcome.

• By SGHawkins09
      Well, I finally got to a point on these where it would be worth it to post. These are my major projects that I will be working on for the next few months and all four are planned ReaperCon entries. Right now there is not much to see as they are just at the primer stage but the bases are built and also ready for paint. So from left to right we have the Dark Elf Assassin from Scale 75, Tarko from Scale 75's Fallen Frontiers line, Dark Sword's Wood Elf Warrior, and Reaper's own Crimson Herald.

Please excuse the blurry pics, I am cleaning my apartment and this was the best place to take pics.

• Who's Online   38 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)