Reaper just earned my respect.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 corrinavatan

corrinavatan

• Bones Supporter
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen the president of... well, anything, come out and say "I made a mistake."

Not even that, but a "I made a mistake, and this is why I had to make the decision I made."

Now, granted, I think the "Elves Outrage" was a bit silly, especially considering the alternative (we sub the elves or everything gets delayed), but I can imagine it's hard for everyone involved to suddenly realize they're 200,000 bottles short on paint, and now have to play "who gets screwed". I definitely do not want to be in their position.

I do appreciate the fact that Reaper has acknowledged that, no, they haven't communicated to us as well as they could have. But then, think about how small this company is. Before Kickstarter, I doubt that they've ever had to deal with the logistics that they now have (probably sending out 17,000+ shipments in a month, when they would normally do, say, 200(? I'm making this number up)).

I'm glad they fessed to knowing they could do better, and am proud of them for doing so. Now just need to watch and see if they can fill their shoes.

*resumes watching email for shipment notification*
  • haldir, Baphomet69, Amalor Myrnnyx and 11 others like this

#2 Bonwirn

Bonwirn

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1110 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

I agree... if more companies behaved this way, we would have a better place to live.
  • Girot likes this

Paint Club organizer at Boardwalk in Greenville, SC the first Sunday of each month

Avid Hirst Arts (www.hirstarts.com) caster and builder.  Have questions?  Please send me a PM.

#3 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2996 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Apparently you guys do not deal with Alderac Entertainment Group for Legend of the Five Rings CCG, John Zinser is good for this sort of customer relations stuff as well, as are Todd & Bryan.

Still I do appreciate & accept Ed's apology.
  • Adrift likes this
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#4 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12861 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Ed & the rest of the Reaper gang are class acts (well I don't know about Ron thou or that Martin guy :devil: ). I have no worries about any of my order. Granted it was quite a few bucks to spend all at once but I know I will get what I bought & I'll be happy. If I don't heck I can always bug them in April when I see them for ReaperCon!!
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#5 David Brawley

David Brawley

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Honestly I think that all things considered, Reaper has done a good job with communication. Right now they must be completely overwhelmed. That their kickstarter succeeded way beyond what they were expecting? Good for them! I wish I could go back and change my pledge manager to adjust my shipping so they wouldn't have to worry about my paints.

Tower of the Archmage - A mostly D&D focused game blog

Current Bones Count - Total: 19   Painted: 11

#6 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 7913 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

So far I've been deeply impressed at how well Reaper has been handling this Kickstarter. Several Kickstarters have turned out far beyond expectations (two orders of magnitude for Reaper! O.o), and Reaper has handled this one professionally.

But yes, I bet things are pretty crazy over there right now.

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#7 ThornDJL7

ThornDJL7

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Even if they had delayed, I personally wouldn't have cared. I know Reaper would have gotten it to me eventually.
  • Pally and Girot like this
Pathfinder Society Venture-Captain (West-Michigan)

My CMON Gallery

#8 corrinavatan

corrinavatan

• Bones Supporter
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Something to think about with the paint... I know that some of the domestic orders are people who are ordering 3, 4, 5 sets of paint (and I mean 5 sets of each set of paint). If Reaper only gives out one set of each paint set per domestic KS backer, would that allow them to send paint to the Internationals? I'm wondering how much of an "International Rush" this was in regards to the paints; I know that quite a few of my friends overseas only did this KS because it was one of the only ways to get paints imported at a decent price.
  • Goblyn likes this

#9 Kay

Kay

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

I've been gone- what did I miss?? :blink:
  • Pingo likes this
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

#10 Gryfter_92

Gryfter_92

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

@Kay, check your email for Bones KS update #70. 8-).
Very classy!

@general population of Geekdom.... 8-)
This is what I have come to expect in my dealings with Reaper. From the very first time I walked into The store, to the time I asked about the Resin Sophie used for the RC MSP Awards (and was taken into Ed's office to see his, which spawned a good thirty minute BS session with him), to the Con, to the KS......always down to earth, personable and honestly wanting everyone to have a good experience!

My respect has grown as well!

@ Ed, My hats off to you sir!

#11 Sorwen

Sorwen

• Bones Supporter
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I don't agree with the elf decision, but I do accept his apology and I'm not "pulling my funding" as some have indicated they would. I do think if they would have communicated better a more equitable to both sides option might have been found that might have prevented alienating a few more people. I'm still getting many of the key reasons why I bought it (for example, among others, the Storm Giants) so I can still be more than happy. I can still understand the disillusion for some people if there was one that just really sold it for them and it is no longer there.

Forever and always forward.
Don't ask why that came to mind or that I felt the need to post it.
I see the incorporeally challenged.

#12 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Ed & the rest of the Reaper gang are class acts (well I don't know about Ron thou or that Martin guy :devil: ). I have no worries about any of my order. Granted it was quite a few bucks to spend all at once but I know I will get what I bought & I'll be happy. If I don't heck I can always bug them in April when I see them for ReaperCon!!

No one has ever used me and the words "class act" in the same sentence as my name before, even used like that. I feel tingly.
  • Girot likes this
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#13 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I couldn't agree more with the OP, but this type of thing (the letter/acknowledgement) is SOP for Reaper. There's a reason they have the reputation they do (and they continually earn it).
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users